F ESPN, I Hope they all Catch AIDS

Whatever. I'm done with this. F ESPN. I sincerely hope these biased punks go bankrupt. I guess it's good they're going to such lengths to try to slander us. Shows we're a threat.

Advertisement
It's ok. Nobody outside of the state of Pennsylvania has any respect for Ped State. They are just a joke at this point.

Didn't see it, but its not the only embarrassing racist thing about UM athletics in history. We backed out of a game against UCLA because they had Jackie Robinson on their football team. It happened. Deal with it.

I didn't mind the mention of Miami. It was back in the 40s whatever get over it.

I just thought it was a pathetic attempt to glorify a university. From top to bottom, the university swept the child rape allegations under the rug for decades and then ESPN comes out with the piece attempting to rebuild their reputation by bringing up something that happened in the 40s. Like wtf?

This country's history is really ugly, there's no debating that, but what really ****es me off is that people keep reaching back and pulling it forward. You can't have any progress that way. The University of Miami today, is as progressive and inclusive university there is, but yet, here we are, seeking and discussing an ugly spot in its history. For what reason? In that regard, the OP is right.

Advertisement
I might suggest a lot of you stop tuning in to Espn...seems it ****es off a lot of you but you continue to watch.

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.They ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE!!

I hope they keep picking against us.People want to know if we are back.Not quite yet but people are starting to hate us again so we must be getting close.

I didn't mind the mention of Miami. It was back in the 40s whatever get over it.

I just thought it was a pathetic attempt to glorify a university. From top to bottom, the university swept the child rape allegations under the rug for decades and then ESPN comes out with the piece attempting to rebuild their reputation by bringing up something that happened in the 40s. Like wtf?
I get that. Remember, As Vishnu pointed out on twitter, Miami hasn't been good in the twitter age. We also haven't been good in the "trolling other teams with signs" age of Gameday either. So in the event that we get gameday either for VT or ND next month. The nation is going to find out that we give it harder and better then they dish it out.

Advertisement
Not the first, or last, time ESPN will perpetuate a lie.

The True Origin Of 'We Are Penn State' - Onward State

"Earlier in the month, Onward State, ran a “Penn State History Lesson” which claimed that the origin of the iconic “We Are Penn State” phrase and cheer was from the actions of the 1947-48 football team, who admirably stood up to racial prejudice. The story is beautiful and inspirational. The story has been repeated multiple times by Onward State, The Daily Collegian, Penn Stater alumni magazine, the Centre Daily times and more. I understand it’s become part of Penn State’s orientation for students.

It’s also not true."

Last edited:
This is a great sign though lol

8c47bb7ada0d910dd18dcbb9560bc0a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that. Remember, As Vishnu pointed out on twitter, Miami hasn't been good in the twitter age. We also haven't been good in the "trolling other teams with signs" age of Gameday either. So in the event that we get gameday either for VT or ND next month. The nation is going to find out that we give it harder and better then they dish it out.

Good to have you back around mane

It must be a tough life for some of the people in this thread that think that everyone is out to get them (or maybe that is just how you motivate yourself).

I saw this earlier today before seeing this thread, and while not a direct correlation, I think it applies as I am sure the majority of the people who think ESPN hates us also think that the announcers hate us

[TWEET]921494071499255808[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Miami in the 1940's and 50's was still a part of the segregated south. That was prior to the influx of Cuban refugees which really kickstarted the vibrant multiculturalism Miami is now known for. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this stuff happened, Miami at that time was a true city of the south.

F ESPN. They're running a fa66ot hit piece about some geriatric **** names Wally Triplett. They're implying that Miami is racist and segregated and Penn State stands for inclusion. How about shtty Paterno protecting a freak he was paying to rape orphans. I want every ESPN employee and their loved ones to get raped by Sandusky.

Edit, Here's the video that made me so **** mad: 30 for 30 Shorts: We Are - ESPN Video

PSU is all about inclusion -- the include demented child rapists in highly paid positions and erect statues to those how at the VERY LEAST protected them. Heck, didn't their current coach cover up some sort of rape scandal at the school he came from? Oh, isn't the president up there the former head of Rapist protection racket at FSU? He certainly has the right credentials for the psu job.

Advertisement
This country's history is really ugly, there's no debating that, but what really ****es me off is that people keep reaching back and pulling it forward. You can't have any progress that way. The University of Miami today, is as progressive and inclusive university there is, but yet, here we are, seeking and discussing an ugly spot in its history. For what reason? In that regard, the OP is right.

Not disregarding the other stuff but do thinks its disgusting they do all this feel good Penn State stuff considering what went on there including cover ups...

They very much did all that stuff to protect Joe Pa and the football program.

They love to talk sh*t about us and our prior scandals but nothing will ever touch what happened in happy valley

Not disregarding the other stuff but do thinks its disgusting they do all this feel good Penn State stuff considering what went on there including cover ups...

They very much did all that stuff to protect Joe Pa and the football program.

They love to talk sh*t about us and our prior scandals but nothing will ever touch what happened in happy valley

They really shouldn't have a football program anymore.

How many people actually watched the piece that aired? The story was on the origin of 'We are Penn State' and they interviewed a black player who apparently played a role in that saying coming about and was recruited by PSU and Miami. Miami offered and then turned him down b/c they found out he was black and the story went on to talk about how PSU was open and support of him as a black player. The story was not a hit piece on Miami, it was on the origin of the PSU saying and yes... a puff piece for PSU.

Now you can argue whether PSU should be propped up based on pretty recent events and someone else posted a link saying the origin story is not even true and get mad at ESPN for giving PSU support, but people complaining about Miami in the piece are being entirely over sensitive or they did not watch the piece and are piggybacking off other people's post w/o knowing the full story.

Advertisement
Back