F*ck the chain, you heard me

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
**** the chain, **** the TD rings. **** the dancing and the theatrics. **** the sayings like TNM and Building Champions. #SOM, same old Miami. Clean house. This program has an infection, it’s had it for 17 years. You thought the last game in the OB to UVA or the 58-0 at home to Clemson was bad? Saturday was the worst thing to ever happen to this program. Butch Davis got the last laugh.

Tired of watching this team that actually has talent on it, to come out uninspired and out coached every **** week. Get a winner in here and completely change the culture. I don’t care if it costs recruits. I’ve talked to recruits for years, they are tired of hearing it. How long do you think they can sell to these kids about turning around the program, they don’t care anymore about that. It’s been the same old crock of **** fed to them for years. Stop blaming the kids who leave, they are leaving for a reason. A bunch of them grew up rooting for this team and it’s a business and The U has been ****ing it away for 17 years. Why would they want to come here. Thank your lucky stars for the history of this program and some of the kids who’d come even if Mickey Mouse was the **** Coach. It’s time, cleanse the program and wipe everyone out and bring in a winner. Blake James, you should be ashamed of yourself. Coach Richt gave you a get out of jail free card and you went with the laziest hire, didn’t even conduct a real search. UM will not be getting a dime from me on merch or season tix till there is a real change, top to bottom.

Advertisement
Been saying this since we lost out in 2017. It was a dying gimmick that needed to go away ASAP. Instead, they doubled down on it. I caught all kinds of **** for it at the time. It was cool sticking it in ND's face, but that should have been the end of it. Now, it's a freaking joke, and so are we for letting it go on so long. ****, for even starting it to begin with. This is football, not a fancy dress dance party.

**** the chain, **** the TD rings. **** the dancing and the theatrics. **** the sayings like TNM and Building Champions. #SOM, same old Miami. Clean house. This program has an infection, it’s had it for 17 years. You thought the last game in the OB to UVA or the 58-0 at home to Clemson was bad? Saturday was the worst thing to ever happen to this program. Butch Davis got the last laugh.

Tired of watching this team that actually has talent on it, to come out uninspired and out coached every **** week. Get a winner in here and completely change the culture. I don’t care if it costs recruits. I’ve talked to recruits for years, they are tired of hearing it. How long do you think they can sell to these kids about turning around the program, they don’t care anymore about that. It’s been the same old crock of **** fed to them for years. Stop blaming the kids who leave, they are leaving for a reason. A bunch of them grew up rooting for this team and it’s a business and The U has been ****ing it away for 17 years. Why would they want to come here. Thank your lucky stars for the history of this program and some of the kids who’d come even if Mickey Mouse was the **** Coach. It’s time, cleanse the program and wipe everyone out and bring in a winner. Blake James, you should be ashamed of yourself. Coach Richt gave you a get out of jail free card and you went with the laziest hire, didn’t even conduct a real search. UM will not be getting a dime from me on merch or season tix till there is a real change, top to bottom.
Good to hear from you again.

Advertisement
Been negged countless times for saying the chain has got to go. Been saying it since after the Turnover Chain season. It was cute, it was fun, it was the theme of a season.

Its embarrassing at this point. Its got to go.

The chain, rings, dancing, etc. all encourage FRONTRUNNING which is exactly the kind of mentality that burns Miami year after year. We know these kids have a good time when everything is easy and they're winning. We need to establish the opposite culture - recruit and develop kids who are RESILIENT when things don't go their way and they are challenged. End the coddling and show some tough love so these kids understand how devastating it is to lose these games.

It's not about loving the wins it's about hating the losses. That hasn't been a fixture of Miami football culture since the early 2000s.

It's hard because I gravitate towards throwing on a Canes shirt when I go out. Now I'd rather not have the difficult conversation about how bad its gotten when I run into another fan.

My avatar on XBOX Live has been the logo since 2008. After the GT game I finally replaced it because I didn't wanna get trolled and embarrassed anymore.

It's hard because I gravitate towards throwing on a Canes shirt when I go out. Now I'd rather not have the difficult conversation about how bad its gotten when I run into another fan.

I'm not that smart.....I continue to force myself into the nostalgic "remember when you guys were worth a ****?" conversations, that always devolve into me saying "yeah, those were the days when we didn't have to buy championships or conference titles like you do"..

Advertisement
been saying it for years.

it was always fake swag.
Yep. I can see how people got excited about it. We had a D making plays. We started 10-0 largely because of the D. It felt good to be good again. Still, it's not what real football teams need to be successful. The chain isn't the reason our players were making plays. It wasn't magic, but rather fortuitous timing for Manny Diaz. All the people that bought into it made Manny look like some forward thinking genius. Blake James gets excited when he thinks fans are excited and makes the decision to hire Manny Diaz based on fake swag.

The chain, rings, dancing, etc. all encourage FRONTRUNNING which is exactly the kind of mentality that burns Miami year after year. We know these kids have a good time when everything is easy and they're winning. We need to establish the opposite culture - recruit and develop kids who are RESILIENT when things don't go their way and they are challenged. End the coddling and show some tough love so these kids understand how devastating it is to lose these games.

It's not about loving the wins it's about hating the losses. That hasn't been a fixture of Miami football culture since the early 2000s.

The losses hurt the fans more then it hurts the players. That's a big problem.

Preach

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s unreal. There were so many good options after Richt left. The last coach to beat Clemson is just sitting at a lower school in the ACC and didn’t even get an interview. I thought the program was dead the night Manny was hired but allowed myself to believe nonsense when Manny took over Taggerts coaching clinic, pulled up on a yacht, etc. It was all bs. The program really was dead last December

All the fake bravado, and fake swag is meaningless without actual coaching. We're all flash, no substance--gunz and butter, baby. Gunz and butter.

We need an actual football coach here who's proven he can run a program competently and develop football players.

Unfortunately for us we have an unqualified buffoon running our AD and a BOT that doesn't give a **** if the football is actually successful.

This program is DEAD. Turn off the lights and hold on to any good memories you have from better days.

giphy (30).gif

This has been brought up many times before - heck, it was brought up last year.

The worst part about it? Watching the staff (baez, et al) literally FORCE the kids to wear the crap when they don't even want it. The staff even forced an injured kid to wear it (Bolden). It's maddening.

Advertisement
Back