Ezzard enters NCAA Transfer Portal, will leave UM

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Sitting out 2 straight years makes absolute sense right. I get it the WR position is crowded but everyone gets a fresh start with this staff so why not compete for time.

Georgia Tech is converting to a new offense ... One that will need receivers. And the degree from that school is legit. If he's making that move, I can understand it.

If he goes anyplace else, not sure it makes sense.

Reactions: AG2
Advertisement
Since he redshirted this year only playing in 3 games, he will be eligible immediately wherever he transfers to. Although I think he should stay.

No he won't. JFC why do people keep ******* up the transfer rules?

If you have not graduated or don't get an approved waiver you MUST SIT OUT A YEAR.

Georgia Tech is converting to a new offense ... One that will need receivers. And the degree from that school is legit. If he's making that move, I can understand it.

If he goes anyplace else, not sure it makes sense.
Lot of Georgia seem to be going to Tennessee too or maybe South Carolina

Obviously Miami has benefited more from the portal than any other school, but this will be normal. Unfortunately, bringing in a bunch of one and done type guys may create some issues in the locker room and hurt team camaraderie BUT also denies schools the ability to hoard top talent and gives kids a chance at immediate playing time elsewhere.

It could be entirely true that it has nothing to do with not wanting to compete, or not wanting to be a cane but simply with I have to go somewhere where I can play. He is a good player and a take 10 times out of 10 in basically any class but just like a QB or Olineman may look at our depth chart and think sheeitttt I can go step in right away, he can look at another teams depth chart and think the same thing.

Makes no sense to wait this long to transfer. The Spring semester has already started. He could have competed in the Spring and then transferred in the Summer if he didn't like where he was at on the depth chart. Can't understand it with a new offense, new coaches, and a fresh start. Has 4 years of eligibility where he could have been a big part of the offense if not this year then down the road. Perhaps he feels the KJ kid from Buffalo or Hightower is going to eat into his playing time.

I get it that kids may not be happy with the school or the program they're in. However, unless your position is stacked with guys going to the NFL, then **** it, just compete!!!! You will have to compete wherever you go and the competition will make you better.

Advertisement
We literally have signed like 8 kids through the portal this off season yet some of you guys are already insulting this kid and calling him a quitter because he's exploring his options. You have to realize that the portal works both ways. If he wants out, then peace. The receiver room is pretty full as it is and most of those guys still have a lot of eligibility.

Giving it some thought, he may have the opportunity to transfer and be eligible immediately since he red shirted last year and we had a coaching change. I'm willing to bet that is what drove the decision to transfer. Not say he wouldn't have transferred, but if he can play immediately then it makes the decision easier.

No he won't. JFC why do people keep ******* up the transfer rules?

If you have not graduated or don't get an approved waiver you MUST SIT OUT A YEAR.

I stand corrected. Also FYI YOUR CAPSLOCK IS STUCK.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
leaving due to a crowded room isn’t something we should be sad about. If anything it frees up more opportunity for payton, who will at least match Ezzard’s production last yr (24 yds) Goodluck to this kid wherever he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back