Eye-Opening Richt Change + other UM Notes

Advertisement
Travis Homer has some big hits on special teams this year. Some of those plays lead me to believe he can handle 15 touches a game.

Im also super-excited to see Trayone Gray get some touches this weekend. Ive been a fan of his since he signed here and Ive sort of been waiting on this moment for him. Im hoping he makes the most of it.

+1 at everything you said. I'll be closely watching Gray, I hope he can bust one loose and gain some confidence. He's got the physical attributes needed, just needs the mental side to follow.

We've had pretty good luck with 3rd string type guys over the years. Mike James, Damien Berry and Jarrett Payton immediately come to mind and I'm sure there are more.

Next man up. The coaches preach it for a reason. Let's see if these guys are ready.

"Sometimes when things get rough guys want to go"

Looking at you Linder & Dogwu... ****in quitters lol.

I'm glad they're gone though, nothing brings down your locker room like a bunch of guys who don't wanna compete.

Thanks for posting Dan Jr.

Addition by subtraction

It is when you subtract a negative.

Because subtracting a negative is a plus or positive;)

85 - (-2) = 87.

Advertisement
Cager still playing 6-1. Actually smaller than that. Hopefully he steps up
He's getting the Lance Leggett treatment on twitter

[TWEET]917769591371239424[/TWEET]

He could have went up with both hands and caught that... yikes. Hopes he takes this game and learn from it

I can understand being afraid of taking that hit against a team we are blowing out..... Against FSU THOOO?!?!?!? You take that hit and make a play!!

He could have went up with both hands and caught that... yikes. Hopes he takes this game and learn from it

I can understand being afraid of taking that hit against a team we are blowing out..... Against FSU THOOO?!?!?!? You take that hit and make a play!!

Especially when you’re a legit 6’5”.

That ball is literally why you’re on scholarship.

I'm glad they're gone though, nothing brings down your locker room like a bunch of guys who don't wanna compete.

So...Adrian Colbert is a quitter? S.M.H. It’s dumb to say guys who leave, especially when they’re not wanted, are quitters.

And graduate transfers, no less. Hear that Russell Wilson?

****in Ridiculous.

Advertisement

**** straight!

and by the way, El, nothing brings UP your locker room like a guy who is not quite as naturally talented as the guy next to him, but because he gets 100% out of his ability, he plays just as big (or bigger) as that more talented guy only giving 90%. you see it across all sports: pete rose, john stockton, wes welker, guys that my coach used to call "the juice guys" because they are non-stop squeezing every ounce of mental and physical ability out of themselves.

don't care how many Ed Reeds and Michael Irvins you have, ..... and boy is it awesome (and rare) to have them .... you can't build a championship locker room without at least one or two of the "juice guys," because they are models for everyone else to see what it takes to be great.

the 90% guys? they'll never lead your locker room, except out the door ....

So Burns isn't healthy. Shocking.

I have a feeling that the coaches don't like the way he takes such a long time to come back from an injury.

Every time someone asks one of the coaches about Burns, they'll get a short simple answer. When its a kid they have in the future plans, they'll always provide a little bit more detail.

"Hey coach - how's Jeff Thomas doing?"
"Well, Jeff is coming along, blah blah. He's moving in the right direction, blah blah"

"Hey coach - how's Robert Burns?"
"He's hurt. Next question."

My money is on him being gone after the coming spring. Either medical hardship or just gone altogether.

It really is very impressive and encouraging how much of a 2nd half team we seem to be. It seems like Richt almost goes too conservative in the first half, leaning on the defense and just figuring out exactly how he's gonna exploit the opposition in the second half

Kan too bad our fan base does not understand this

Advertisement
Travis Homer has some big hits on special teams this year. Some of those plays lead me to believe he can handle 15 touches a game.

Im also super-excited to see Trayone Gray get some touches this weekend. Ive been a fan of his since he signed here and Ive sort of been waiting on this moment for him. Im hoping he makes the most of it.

+1 at everything you said. I'll be closely watching Gray, I hope he can bust one loose and gain some confidence. He's got the physical attributes needed, just needs the mental side to follow.

Just don't fumble the football, please.

He better learn soon. You only get so many chances. And some chances matter more than others. Against FSU.... that's a big stage to have failed on.

Advertisement

Start Langham he's been catching everything since spring... Cager is not that guy...

Amari Carter walks into the cafeteria everyday and doesn't go make himself a plate. He finds Cager & takes his plate.

Start Langham he's been catching everything since spring... Cager is not that guy...

Langham wont that guy either until this year.

Advertisement
Back