Eye opening article about Richt calling plays at Georgia

Canesfan0024

Recruit
Banned
Read an article on TOS and it’s very eye opening. Makes me want to puke. His best teams at Georgia he didn’t call plays. He had the easiest, cushiest job in America and actually ****ed it up. Look at all
the talent at GA last year and all of them were his guys, and I guarantee you if he was still there he would’ve had multiple losses. He had no one to compete against in recruiting. The more and more we read and what transpires on the field, and for that matter off the field, there really is only one solution. Unfortunately it will not happen this year. I never hated Golden this much, he had that cloud for years. Richt on the other hand, what excuse could you possibly make? It’s pathetic.

Advertisement
Read an article on TOS and it’s very eye opening. Makes me want to puke. His best teams at Georgia he didn’t call plays. He had the easiest, cushiest job in America and actually ****ed it up. Look at all
the talent at GA last year and all of them were his guys, and I guarantee you if he was still there he would’ve had multiple losses. He had no one to compete against in recruiting. The more and more we read and what transpires on the field, and for that matter off the field, there really is only one solution. Unfortunately it will not happen this year. I never hated Golden this much, he had that cloud for years. Richt on the other hand, what excuse could you possibly make? It’s pathetic.

The dude had GA to himself and still missed on guys like Deshaun Watson. LMAO.

Fck, I get it already. Is it really necessary to start a thread every single time anyone thinks of a thing that proves Richt sucks? We all see the product on the field, there's no need for more supporting evidence.

Forklift-warehouse-accident.gif

Fck, I get it already. Is it really necessary to start a thread every single time anyone thinks of a thing that proves Richt sucks? We all see the product on the field, there's no need for more supporting evidence.

Apparently the decision makers don’t get it and failed to do any due diligence.

Advertisement
Apparently the decision makers don’t get it and failed to do any due diligence.

Come on man, you know that there are arguments against any coach in any given situation. You can't be sure saban will be the best at any other school. I'd like our chances with his at Miami, but it's entirely possible it wouldn't work.

Yeah, we should have paid more attention to what uga people had to say, but who was out there with no knocks against them? Who was clearly better...not in hindsight, but at the time? Not who did you want, but on paper, who was in the running and clearly a better choice?

Whatever the case, it's getting old that everyone starts a new thread every time they find a "new" piece of info that they can use to reinforce Richt's suckage. Dude is stinking up the place, nobody here needs convincing.

A theory I have is that as coaches and athletic departments across the south and beyond have been more apt to bend the rules and get somewhat dirty, Richt has stayed squeaky clean. I'm not talking necessarily school outright Ole Miss style cheating, but a few benefits here and there for elite recruits. Maybe for Miami it's best we stay out of that territory, but even at UGA, I wonder if they sat down with Richt and asked him to ratchet up the whole process. He would've refused, and that likely led to them getting a new coach.

Come on man, you know that there are arguments against any coach in any given situation. You can't be sure saban will be the best at any other school. I'd like our chances with his at Miami, but it's entirely possible it wouldn't work.

Yeah, we should have paid more attention to what uga people had to say, but who was out there with no knocks against them? Who was clearly better...not in hindsight, but at the time? Not who did you want, but on paper, who was in the running and clearly a better choice?

Whatever the case, it's getting old that everyone starts a new thread every time they find a "new" piece of info that they can use to reinforce Richt's suckage. Dude is stinking up the place, nobody here needs convincing.

Can't resist. Sorry, but I can't accept this premise. Saban and Alabama are the perfect marriage, no question. But Saban and LSU were also very good together. Saban at Miami would win a national championship. You are looking at, empirically, the most successful DI football coach ever, if you measure by national championships, and he did that at more than one school. See https://www.newsday.com/sports/coll...all-national-championships-by-coach-1.9460673.

Advertisement
A theory I have is that as coaches and athletic departments across the south and beyond have been more apt to bend the rules and get somewhat dirty, Richt has stayed squeaky clean. I'm not talking necessarily school outright Ole Miss style cheating, but a few benefits here and there for elite recruits. Maybe for Miami it's best we stay out of that territory, but even at UGA, I wonder if they sat down with Richt and asked him to ratchet up the whole process. He would've refused, and that likely led to them getting a new coach.

That sounds plausible and has nothing to do with why we're losing right now.

Can't resist. Sorry, but I can't accept this premise. Saban and Alabama are the perfect marriage, no question. But Saban and LSU were also very good together. Saban at Miami would win a national championship. You are looking at, empirically, the most successful DI football coach ever, if you measure by national championships, and he did that at more than one school. See https://www.newsday.com/sports/coll...all-national-championships-by-coach-1.9460673.

True or false: both those teams have the ability to pay players to play for them while Miami does not?

I'm not knocking what saban has done at all, and I have no doubt that he'd do well at Miami. But bama well? Would he win a NC here? Maybe, but maybe those 5* kids would still go to sec schools instead of Miami. We'd get better because he's a great coach, but maybe those other schools would maintain their talent advantage.

I'm just saying that all programs are different and success at one doesn't mean you'll be successful at another. Sht, look at Richt. Did he ever have a year this bad at uga?

Not trying to throw heat at you but it’s actually new material that I wasn’t aware of and maybe others weren’t. I knew he was forced out of playcalling at one point but I didn’t know he gave it up way back when he had Stafford and was quoted as saying “it’s tough to be a coordinator, but it’s even harder to be a head coach and a coordinator.” Coincidentally when that happened the offense took off.

Maybe you werent aware that’s what he said or maybe you were. Either way, I’ll post whatever I want and if you don’t like it, then don’t comment. Fair?

True or false: both those teams have the ability to pay players to play for them while Miami does not?

I'm not knocking what saban has done at all, and I have no doubt that he'd do well at Miami. But bama well? Would he win a NC here? Maybe, but maybe those 5* kids would still go to sec schools instead of Miami. We'd get better because he's a great coach, but maybe those other schools would maintain their talent advantage.

I'm just saying that all programs are different and success at one doesn't mean you'll be successful at another. Sht, look at Richt. Did he ever have a year this bad at uga?

False, as far I any of us actually know. I know many posters hate facts, but we can actually use them at some point. I assume those schools have deeper pockets to buy players; I do not know that to be fact. I assume they buy some players, but do not know that to be fact. I suspect you do not either. It is part the constant "bag" excuse/justification on this site. Every player we wanted, but did not get, got bought. Right.

I did not say he would do Alabama well here. In fact I called that the perfect match. I also believe he would win here as I think, for about the last 15 years, he has simply been the best coach on DI football. I also think Meyer is a fairly close second. Saban went 7-6, 12-2, and 14-0 in his first three seasons at Alabama. The third was his first title. The backbone recruiting classes, for those years, were ranked 13, 12, and 3. Do I think he could do that here? Absolutely.

As to your last question, hard to tell. He went 6-7 in 2010, but bounced back the next two years. But that misses the point you tried to make with Saban. As you said, "I'm just saying that all programs are different and success at one doesn't mean you'll be successful at another."

Last edited:
Advertisement
False, as far I any of us actually know. I know many posters hate facts, but we can actually use them at some point. I assume those schools have deeper pockets to buy players; I do not know that to be fact. I assume they buy some players, but do not know that to be fact. I suspect you do not either. It is part the constant "bag" excuse/justification on this site. Every player we wanted, but did not get, got bought. Right.

I did not say he would do Alabama well here. In fact I called that the perfect match. I also believe he would win here as I think, for about the last 15 years, he has simply been the best coach on DI football. I also think Meyer is a fairly close second. Saban went 7-6, 12-2, and 14-0 in his first three seasons at Alabama. The third was his first title. The backbone recruiting classes, for those years, were ranked 13, 12, and 3. Do I think he could do that here? Absolutely.

Obviously I don't have proof of anyone paying players or I'd be sharing it with everyone I could find. This is one of those things where there's too much smoke to be completely wrong. Too many ex players talk about having gotten paid, and too many current players have too much cash and expensive stuff. Too many rich uncles leasing cars for them to be believable. Not to mention that when people care as much as they do about football and there's as much money and prestige to be had, there's no chance they'll stop at breaking some ncaa rules. Do you really think Adidas is paying basketball players but not football players? Or that Nike is letting Adidas have that kind of advantage?

And nobody said anything about every player Miami doesn't get being paid by another school. But watch recruiting. Watch the visits. Watch the kids who just can't seem to make up their minds until the last second. It's not all the kids, but there are quite a few who aren't so subtle about it. Every year a kid saban wants is about to visit another school, has a sit down with saban and commits to bama the next day. What do you think saban's saying to the kid in January that he hasn't already said in August? Seriously, what's he selling that he hasn't already tried?

Whatever the case, it's not an excuse/justification, just a realistic view of the playing field. Maybe saban could recruit top 5 classes at Miami every year, but maybe not. Maybe without bama's booster network he'd have to settle for top 15 classes. He'd still do well with that, as you said he's the best. But maybe part of his success is the specific situation he's got at bama. One way or another, when you change the situation, you just might change the results that coach is able to produce.

Not trying to throw heat at you but it’s actually new material that I wasn’t aware of and maybe others weren’t. I knew he was forced out of playcalling at one point but I didn’t know he gave it up way back when he had Stafford and was quoted as saying “it’s tough to be a coordinator, but it’s even harder to be a head coach and a coordinator.” Coincidentally when that happened the offense took off.

Maybe you werent aware that’s what he said or maybe you were. Either way, I’ll post whatever I want and if you don’t like it, then don’t comment. Fair?

So you post what you want and if I don't like it I just shut up? Works for me.

Can I make you a sandwich while I'm being quiet? Maybe wash your car or anything?

Advertisement

Is your tangent about “no knocks” serious?

Is your tangent about “no knocks” serious?

It wasn't a tangent, that was the whole point. Name a coach, and somebody's got a reason why they won't work out. At least when it comes to guys who might actually take the job.

On paper there were as many reasons to hire Richt as anyone else, and more than most. Looks moronic now, not as much then.

Advertisement
Back