Extension for Coach L

Advertisement

A decision made in the heat of the moment.

Not really. I guess you don’t know how extension works or why they’re given out. This is all about timing and recruiting and doesn’t handcuff the administration in any way.

A decision made in the heat of the moment.

I don't love it as I think the program needs an overhaul, but our new AD is elite and knows what the **** he is doing. Definitely not a heat of the moment decision

Advertisement
Not really. I guess you don’t know how extension works or why they’re given out. This is all about timing and recruiting and doesn’t handcuff the administration in any way.
They don't. They really think Miami was going to fire a guy that took this team to the NCAA Tournament, a team that no one thought would even finish in the top 10 of the conference, they finished Top 4. With where L's contract stood, either they had to fire him or extend, they chose to extend for 2 more years. Never mind the fact that L has a **** good freshman class coming in, and may end up having Wong and Miller come back with the youngsters already on the roster. Miami can be solid next year too.

They don't. They really think Miami was going to fire a guy that took this team to the NCAA Tournament, a team that no one thought would even finish in the top 10 of the conference, they finished Top 4. With where L's contract stood, either they had to fire him or extend, they chose to extend for 2 more years. Never mind the fact that L has a **** good freshman class coming in, and may end up having Wong and Miller come back with the youngsters already on the roster. Miami can be solid next year too.
They will look to add two transfers in the off season to give us a boost like Moore and Miller did this year

They will look to add two transfers in the off season to give us a boost like Moore and Miller did this year
I'm all for that. Fill in with two more potential stars and team them with young guys that should provide depth and skill. As long as Miami has size next year, I'm good.

Advertisement
He has won more ACC titles than football...Solid coach, better guy.
I can only imagine how much better the program would have been had the NCAA not tried to shank us, with obviously garbage charges. Miami was ROLLING as a program at that time, and then it came apart pretty badly, there was no recruiting momentum left by the time the NCAA finished. I still wonder why L tried to do a long term rebuild, instead of loading up on transfers and the like until he could backfill with some youngsters.

I can only imagine how much better the program would have been had the NCAA not tried to shank us, with obviously garbage charges. Miami was ROLLING as a program at that time, and then it came apart pretty badly, there was no recruiting momentum left by the time the NCAA finished. I still wonder why L tried to do a long term rebuild, instead of loading up on transfers and the like until he could backfill with some youngsters.

He couldn’t get ACC level transfers with the black cloud hanging over the program. The only think he could have done differently was load up with mid major level transfers… maybe that would have worked out better but it’s all speculation.

He couldn’t get ACC level transfers with the black cloud hanging over the program. The only think he could have done differently was load up with mid major level transfers… maybe that would have worked out better but it’s all speculation.
Looking back at it, he would have been better off. I think he could have had decent bubble type teams with a bunch of midmajor guys, and maybe snuck into a tournament. Maybe then, this fanbase wouldn't be looking to run him off. I trust him to get the most out of a bunch of experienced transfers. Oh well, it's all in the past.

Advertisement
Looking back at it, he would have been better off. I think he could have had decent bubble type teams with a bunch of midmajor guys, and maybe snuck into a tournament. Maybe then, this fanbase wouldn't be looking to run him off. I trust him to get the most out of a bunch of experienced transfers. Oh well, it's all in the past.
Does Anthony Mack ring a bell?

Advertisement
Once Miami got redacted from the indictment they hit the portal almost immediately but it was slim pickings. we got 5th year Zach Johnson, Anthony Mack and Kam (who had to sit year). next year we regained our footing in recruiting and landed Wong, Walker and Beverley out of HS.

Wow, one guy that didn't develop. Jordan Miller ring a bell? I'm quite sure L would find more Jordan Millers, compared to Anthony Macks.
Yes, Jordan Miller was a great addition in 2021.

But let's get back to the point here. In the time period we're talking about (2017), we tried to add transfers and the best we could do were Zach Johnson and Anthony Mack. Presumably, if we could have gotten someone better than Anthony Mack, we would have. No one wanted to come to UM back then, with the FBI stuff swirling around the program. It resulted in a high school recruiting class of 0, and a very weak transfer class. We were forced to reach for guys and it didn't work out.

I think we should have reached further and rolled the dice on other Anthony Macks, because we had unused scholarships, but I don't think it would've made a difference. The fact we took a commit from a player that bad suggests no one better was available.

Advertisement
Back