EXPLAIN TO ME HOW

StevoBevo

Freshman
In the most recent Bracketology (as of yesterday) how Miami at 12-3 and winning 8 straight with wins over: Penn state, Clemson, Cuse, Wake and Nc state is NOT in the field period?! VIRGINIA TECH AT 8-6 is in the first four out?! UCF at 9-4 (lost last two ) is in first 4 in, Wake who has the same record as Miami and LOST to Miami (and a weaker schedule ) is also in the first 4 in, UF is 9-4 with 3 losses at home and is in next four byes…can ANYONE explain this to me? Do we have a past season ban I don’t know about? Does everyone expect us to lose most of the rest of our games? What is it?

Advertisement
In the most recent Bracketology (as of yesterday) how Miami at 12-3 and winning 8 straight with wins over: Penn state, Clemson, Cuse, Wake and Nc state is NOT in the field period?! VIRGINIA TECH AT 8-6 is in the first four out?! UCF at 9-4 (lost last two ) is in first 4 in, Wake who has the same record as Miami and LOST to Miami (and a weaker schedule ) is also in the first 4 in, UF is 9-4 with 3 losses at home and is in next four byes…can ANYONE explain this to me? Do we have a past season ban I don’t know about? Does everyone expect us to lose most of the rest of our games? What is it?
I have absolutely no idea. I was wondering the same thing. Jerry Palm from CBS at least has us in his first four 4 out. Frankly, I think our current resume is good enough for at least a 10 or 11 seed. We have several solid wins and no bad losses. We may not have a marquee win (yet), but neither do the teams you referenced in your post.

Advertisement
advanced numbers don't like this team. 91 in kenpom rankings and 73 in massey... would imagine that's why you're seeing brackets w/o miami even being mentioned. the good news is that it's not called january madness so this team will either play itself in, or won't

advanced numbers don't like this team. 91 in kenpom rankings and 73 in massey... would imagine that's why you're seeing brackets w/o miami even being mentioned. the good news is that it's not called january madness so this team will either play itself in, or won't

Most importantly, we're 95 in NET, which is the primary metric used by selection committee. We also have 0 Quad 1 wins.

Advertisement
These metrics are not used by the committee

Advertisement
Was literally coming over here to start this exact same thread. I don’t get it. Trust me, I’m no Coach L fan but how can you be taken seriously as a journalist if your current 68 team field doesn’t include the UNDEFEATED FIRST PLACE ACC TEAM. I understand the 4-0 is probably a bit of a mirage but that will work itself out if indeed that’s the case. You really can’t find one spot in a 68 team field (understand there are auto bids) for a 12-3/4-0 ACC team. If the only thing you change is the “Miami” on the front of the jersey to “Duke”, you’re telling me we wouldn’t see their name in the 68 team field?

Advertisement
Still plenty more games to go... lets worry if it is same if we win 5 more
***** that. We're living in the here and now, and at this very moment Miami should at the very least be a top 40-50 team. No ands, ifs or buts about it. There is no way any reputable poll can justify Miami not being mentioned in the top 68 teams in America right now. No way. No how.

We beat Duke today and we leap into the top 20 and we're on everybody's radar.

We keep it close and we're still on some peoples radar.

Advertisement
Back