Experience Matters

I said UF, not FSU. Dang near their whole OL is brand new along w several new DLmen. We were so confident our DL would eat them alive.

Again, regarding UNC, I think u need to look at their starting depth chart and compare. They have less experience than us on offense. Our defense is about even for experience, EXCEPT for they have a former QB now playing LB and that said QB stopped us on 4th & short

not to be a pollyanna...

it appeared to me J Will advanced the ball to the line of gain...the spot was unkind...

with that said, never blame anyone but yourself when someone has to make a judgment call on what you've done (or haven't)

Advertisement
not to be a pollyanna...

it appeared to me J Will advanced the ball to the line of gain...the spot was unkind...

with that said, never blame anyone but yourself when someone has to make a judgment call on what you've done (or haven't)

I called him short b/c his helmet hit down first and he didn’t extend the ball. Either way, it was close enough to be challenged by Manny, and never let a QB turned LB hit ur shoe laces and u fall.

I said UF, not FSU. Dang near their whole OL is brand new along w several new DLmen. We were so confident our DL would eat them alive.

Again, regarding UNC, I think u need to look at their starting depth chart and compare. They have less experience than us on offense. Our defense is about even for experience, EXCEPT for they have a former QB now playing LB and that said QB stopped us on 4th & short
My mistake, I misread UF. I was not among those that expected us to eat them alive. Not in a rivalry game against UF. I even said we're not good enough to overlook or disrespect anyone. Having said that who would you think had the strongest OL: one with 4 first time starters, all with 3 years in the program, working under the same system and coaches as the previous. Or one with three first time starters, two were freshman (one a true freshman), all 5 playing for the first time in live action in a new system with new coaches, with a redshirt freshman calling signals. It's clear who had that advantage.

As for UNC, I saw your post. It doesn't matter to me the experience advantage we had in certain position groups like RB, WR, LB. The ones that matter are in the trenches (both sides), QB, and DB. Those are the positions with the longest learning curves. Those are the positions where experience is a bigger factor. Those are the position groups, that in most games, make a difference between winning and losing. QB was a push. With Carter being tossed so earlier on the game our DBs were at an experience disadvantage (no excuse for Bandy, he had a bad game). The OL was still more inexperienced but they improved enough that they didn't factor significantly in the outcome. Neither did our experience advantage in the DL factor into the outcome

Probably the biggest experience factor was the coaching staff. Even though UNC has a new staff and many refer to Mack Brown as a doddering, old, fool, he's been a head coach at a major program for over 20 years. This is not new to him. He brought in experienced coordinators. They got the most out of there players. How do I know this? As much as we dominated statistics, when they had to run, they run. When they were backed inside the 10, they schemed and had two long runs to get them close to mid field. The same thing on their final scoring drive, they started with a run to get them some field position. They repeatedly isolated Garvin on the read option and we never scrapped the LB to provide him support. And that's not to mention the massive brain fart on the 4 and 17 play.

With UNC coming off a 2-10 season and with a new coaching staff, I know it's counter intuitive, but we were more inexperienced in numerous critical areas against UNC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Three-Team (or More) Team Tie:
(Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format
will then be applied.)

1. Combined head-to-head win percentage among the tied teams.
2. Win percentage of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference win percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last, using the league’s tie-breaker policies.
4. Combined win percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Overall win percentage versus non-divisional opponents.
6. Win percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall win percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
7. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee.

UNC has to play Clemson.

Good to know we appreciate experience again after chasing off our most experienced head coach.

Good to know we appreciate experience again after chasing off our most experienced head coach.

Please. Richt didn’t have the fire. It appears Mack may actually have some fight left in him. Mack also won a ‘ship (differentiator).

And I might want the old guy to win one today. But I want the young guy to win the rest of them to come.

Last edited:
6 weeks

5 home games

These 6 weeks define our season. We can leave these 6 weeks and I suspect control our destiny again in the coastal.

Heg, in my view, I think 2-2 is a VERY safe assumption. They should beat Vatech at home

That UVA game on Friday night is my view a chance to re-set the season. To me, that game is huge. Im in the minority on this board, I think the Hoo's are a very tough out(well-coached an disciplined, if not flashy)

Win that one, then they can start to really roll...

Advertisement
Miami wins out UNC loses to Clemson and at NCST

so sweet of u to stick up for your girlfriend...

ok....

so Miami winning out in ACC happens how given current sad state of affairs?

think that through a minute.

At this point Duke, UVA and FSU would be likely Ls (varying percentages)

Please. Richt didn’t have the fire. It appears Mack may actually have some fight left in him. Mack also won a ‘ship (differentiator).

And I might want the old guy to win one today. But I want the young guy to win the rest of them to come.

Richt didn’t have the fire but nearly ran the table 2 years ago. Mack didn’t have the fire but he is 2-0 against two Power 5 rivals in his brand new job.

Bud much respect to you but these delusional fans will still expect 12-0. They knew Rosier was trash last year and still said 12-0 and will beat LSU. This year they seen we were starting 2 freshman tackles and a Freshman Qb, they still said 12-0.

I didnt expect 12-0 but i do expect a team that can kick field goals and extra points and get a stop on 4th and 17.

Advertisement
Heg, in my view, I think 2-2 is a VERY safe assumption. They should beat Vatech at home

That UVA game on Friday night is my view a chance to re-set the season. To me, that game is huge. Im in the minority on this board, I think the Hoo's are a very tough out(well-coached an disciplined, if not flashy)

Win that one, then they can start to really roll...

Agreed

I hope UVA comes in undefeated and pushing top 10. **** it. Make them as highly ranked as humanly possible.

Advertisement
Back