Experience Matters

0-2 and 4th and 17 have already defined
the season...

can something be salvaged? yes.

again, need lots of help Miami can't control

Disagree

UNC is losing to Clemson. I suspect they drop another game or two.

Just need to control what we can.

Advertisement
Bruh I feel like yall come up with new excuses everyday! 🤣
We lost, poor coaching, poor play...
Move on!

No. We won't move on. We want to get better don't we? Or do you prefer to wallow in your misery?

You do recognize the difference between an excuse and an explanation don't you? An excuse is some self-justification BS to make you feel better with the result. I saw none of that. The first step of getting better is taking a reality check, an unvarnished explanation of what went wrong so that you can fix the right thing. The alternative, that you seem to suggest, is that we should accept it and throw schit against the wall and hope we luck out. Now that would be poor coaching.

Last edited:
6 weeks

5 home games

These 6 weeks define our season. We can leave these 6 weeks and I suspect control our destiny again in the coastal.

Absolutely. I think a lot of people will feel a lot better about where things are (and the feeling we have today will be long gone) if we're 5-2 heading up to Pitt on 10/26.

I know, I know. Manny stinks and Baxa stinks and everyone sucks and the team will never be good again. I get it. But we won a lot of close games in 2017 with a team probably just as talented (or less) than this one....we've now lost 2 close games this year. We're now home literally for 6 weeks, and we finally get to play our "preseason" game on Saturday which should help calm a lot of nerves and allow the kids to execute while they're relaxed in a comfortable setting. Work out some kinks, get better, stomp a mudhole in the next 2 teams and then take another week off to regroup for 3 straight ACC games that we'll be favored to win and are all at home.

And IMO we already control our destiny in the coastal. UNC plays Clemson in 2 weeks. That's a big, fat L. I suspect they'll drop at least 1 more out of at VT, at GT, UVA, at Pitt, or at NC State. They're not going 7-1 in the league. If Miami wins all their ACC games (and yes, I know, VERY tall task considering what we've seen), the Coastal is still easily attainable. Not saying that happens, just pointing out the fact that Miami still has the fate of the division on their shoulders and will not require help from anyone if they just take care of their business.

But yes, let's get to 5-2 and see what happens.

Ain’t just a cliche.

Manny has taken a young team and gone toe to toe against two highly regarded coaching veterans.

Say what you want about Mack, but he won a national championship. And he was a great coach at UNC the first go around.

The new guy taking his licks from the old guy is a story as old as time itself (our stupid instant-gratification culture aside).

The only reasonable question is how quickly Manny will come of age as a HC.

In that paradigm, the first two performances should actually be encouraging. The offense improved light years from game 1-2. And even though the defense experienced a setback, it was related to a new and different challenge (a deadly accurate, confident, and decisive QB with a quick release). Our rush D was still dominant against NC.

We are playing at a MUCH higher level as whole team when compared to last year (defensive backfield excepted).

Manny will make mistakes, no doubt. Players who don’t really know what it takes to win in college will have lapses and growing pains in gaining that experience.

We lost a game everyone agrees we should have won.

But being smart and aggressive can substantially accelerate the maturation process. I believe Manny is both.

We set ourselves up to fail with absurd expectations for a first year HC, freshman QB, freshman O-line, and inexperienced secondary.

Manny himself is learning that winning is HARD.

Nobody wants a reality check. But the great ones learn and grow.

Let’s see if Manny has the potential to be great (in an almost absurdly short time window).

I, for one, think he does.

Even if you don’t, go support the **** out of this team. You just may be wrong. (And if you’re right, fly the banners next year on sound evidence that Manny ain’t got what it takes - like charmin-soft Coker, schematically and organizationally challenged Shannon, and stubborn *** Al Golden).
I can already tell you the banners will start flying next year because everybody already knows Manny is just like Richt and golden when it comes to putting friends or family above the good of the team/program. Diaz won’t fire the weak links on his defense because he already had a chance too and didn’t, you think our ST will get better with frat boy patke coaching it? Do you think the safety’s will play better with the bartender coaching them? And do you think the defensive plays will get better with Mr LA tech coaching them? Do you think recruiting will get better with those bums and there lack of resume? The answer is no, no, and no and that’s just reality. One day will hopefully get a coach who is an actual “savage” and will do anything to win at all costs including not just holding his players accountable like Diaz preaches but even more important holding his coaches accountable and replacing them if they don’t meet the standard. We can all pray one day that will happen.

Advertisement
Absolutely. I think a lot of people will feel a lot better about where things are (and the feeling we have today will be long gone) if we're 5-2 heading up to Pitt on 10/26.

I know, I know. Manny stinks and Baxa stinks and everyone sucks and the team will never be good again. I get it. But we won a lot of close games in 2017 with a team probably just as talented (or less) than this one....we've now lost 2 close games this year. We're now home literally for 6 weeks, and we finally get to play our "preseason" game on Saturday which should help calm a lot of nerves and allow the kids to execute while they're relaxed in a comfortable setting. Work out some kinks, get better, stomp a mudhole in the next 2 teams and then take another week off to regroup for 3 straight ACC games that we'll be favored to win and are all at home.

And IMO we already control our destiny in the coastal. UNC plays Clemson in 2 weeks. That's a big, fat L. I suspect they'll drop at least 1 more out of at VT, at GT, UVA, at Pitt, or at NC State. They're not going 7-1 in the league. If Miami wins all their ACC games (and yes, I know, VERY tall task considering what we've seen), the Coastal is still easily attainable. Not saying that happens, just pointing out the fact that Miami still has the fate of the division on their shoulders and will not require help from anyone if they just take care of their business.

But yes, let's get to 5-2 and see what happens.

This is where I stand.

Of course we could drop one to Pitt, Louisville or Duke.

I just think UVA and Va Tech are tougher and we get them at home.

Move on!

One Mistake that Manny made is trying to be more to quick, simple as that!!!!! We needed a few Tune up games first. We did not end the season on a Clemson, Alabama and Georgia level. We should have played Bethune First, Central Michigan Second and should just be playing Florida or North Carolina this Saturday.

This is where I stand.

Of course we could drop one to Pitt, Louisville or Duke.

I just think UVA and Va Tech are tougher and we get them at home.

This team is young as ****. There are only 5 more games out of the next 10 that I'd be absolutely floored if we lost. This team can lose to almost anybody, because the OL is shaky and you know Jarren isn't going to go a whole season without turning the ball over. But this team can ABSOLUTELY beat anybody left on the schedule too. Miami was clearly the better team Saturday night, just too many missed opportunities and you lose by a FG when you have the ball 30 yards away from a game winning TD in the waning seconds. Miami's 69% postgame expected win percentage just solidified what I watched with my 2 eyes. Miami is a better team, UNC did a much better job of capitalizing on the opportunities they had while Miami did not. The result is a narrow loss which was the result of missing a play that is converted 95+% of the time in the college game.

This team is 9-3 at home in the ACC the last 3 years.....7-1 at home in the ACC the last 2 years. I expect to beat VT and UVA, without a doubt. Nothing I've watched the past 2 weeks have changed my opinion on that.

Advertisement
This team is young as ****. There are only 5 more games out of the next 10 that I'd be absolutely floored if we lost. This team can lose to almost anybody, because the OL is shaky and you know Jarren isn't going to go a whole season without turning the ball over. But this team can ABSOLUTELY beat anybody left on the schedule too. Miami was clearly the better team Saturday night, just too many missed opportunities and you lose by a FG when you have the ball 30 yards away from a game winning TD in the waning seconds. Miami's 69% postgame expected win percentage just solidified what I watched with my 2 eyes. Miami is a better team, UNC did a much better job of capitalizing on the opportunities they had while Miami did not. The result is a narrow loss which was the result of missing a play that is converted 95+% of the time in the college game.

This team is 9-3 at home in the ACC the last 3 years.....7-1 at home in the ACC the last 2 years. I expect to beat VT and UVA, without a doubt. Nothing I've watched the past 2 weeks have changed my opinion on that.

Agreed

What is even more baffling from a metrics standpoint is how much time of possession we have completely dominated and Enos REFUSES to stick with the run game! Refuses!

We win all of our home games we win the Coastal. JMHO....

The way the first two games turned out are mindblowing given the disparity seen on the field.

Ain’t just a cliche.

Manny has taken a young team and gone toe to toe against two highly regarded coaching veterans.

Say what you want about Mack, but he won a national championship. And he was a great coach at UNC the first go around.

The new guy taking his licks from the old guy is a story as old as time itself (our stupid instant-gratification culture aside).

In that paradigm, the first two performances should actually be encouraging. The offense improved light years from game 1-2. And even though the defense experienced a setback, it was related to a new and different challenge (a deadly accurate, confident, and decisive QB with a quick release). Our rush D was still dominant against NC.

We are playing at a MUCH higher level as whole team when compared to last year (defensive backfield excepted).

Manny will make mistakes, no doubt. Players who don’t really know what it takes to win in college will have lapses and growing pains in gaining that experience.

But being smart and aggressive can substantially accelerate the maturation process. I believe Manny is both.

We set ourselves up to fail with absurd expectations for a first year HC, freshman QB, freshman O-line, and inexperienced secondary.

Let’s see if Manny has the potential to be great (in an almost absurdly short time window).

Even if you don’t, go support the **** out of this team. You just may be wrong. (And if you’re right, fly the banners next year on sound evidence that Manny ain’t got what it takes - like charmin-soft Coker, schematically and organizationally challenged Shannon, and stubborn *** Al Golden).

For the umpteenth time, WE ARE NOT YOUNG! STOP WITH THIS BULL CHIT RHETORIC! My god! Same excuse.

You know who was young? UNMFC!

We’re bout even in experience on defense, but their offensive core is younger than ours.

And we didn’t set ourselves up for chit; Manny did all the talking. He’s the one that said it’s TNM on his. He’s the one that made it seem that the offensive staph was holding this team back. He was on Yachts, invading football meetings, cracking beers like he’s Stone Cold! That’s all him. We followed his lead...he says he wants Miami to play a Miami brand of football.

Well, what has that been?

If there is accountability for poor performances from the coaching staff, then I will feel better about things changing. Not saying anyone should be fired after two games but in the past staff have been allowed to stay even though they are under performing. Based on the last 15 years, I can see why people are skeptical that there will be accountability for the coaching staff.

0-2 and 4th and 17 have already defined
the season...

can something be salvaged? yes.

again, need lots of help Miami can't control
Need lots of help? UNC only has to lose once. Do you think UNC is going to run the table to the ACC championship game? When was the last time that happened to a Coastal team? Since the ACC started division play in 2004, only two teams ran the table, UNC in 2015 and VT in 2010. Further, only 4 teams had only one loss (one of those was us in 2017).

All we need to do is right the ship and not worry about others. Unless you think they're on the Clemson level, they'll revert to the pack.

Advertisement
For the umpteenth time, WE ARE NOT YOUNG! STOP WITH THIS BULL CHIT RHETORIC! My god! Same excuse.

We’re bout even in experience on defense, but their offensive core is younger than ours.

And we didn’t set ourselves up for chit; Manny did all the talking. He’s the one that said it’s TNM on his. He’s the one that made it seem that the offensive staph was holding this team back. He was on Yachts, invading football meetings, cracking beers like he’s Stone Cold! That’s all him. We followed his lead...he says he wants Miami to play a Miami brand of football.

Sorry, going to have to agree to disagree.

Not all positions are equally important. But the key positions, we're young
  • QB - Redshirt freshman - only 3 pass attempts against Savannah state the previous year
  • OT - Game 1, two freshman, game 2, one freshman, on sophomore
  • DT - We're not young here but inexperienced except for Bethel
  • CB - Two true sophomores sharing one spot with limited reps the previous year (except for special teams). Also two true freshman in the two deep
  • Safety - One true sophomore with no reps at the position previous year. With carter tossed had a true freshman in the two deep
At the other positions we about as old and experienced as any other team but our youth seems to be concentrated at certain key spots that's proven difficult.

That's no excuse for self gratification. that's just the naked reality of our two deep. We just have to deal with it.

Need lots of help? UNC only has to lose once. Do you think UNC is going to run the table to the ACC championship game? When was the last time that happened to a Coastal team? Since the ACC started division play in 2004, only two teams ran the table, UNC in 2015 and VT in 2010. Further, only 4 teams had only one loss (one of those was us in 2017).

All we need to do is right the ship and not worry about others. Unless you think they're on the Clemson level, they'll revert to the pack.
UNC beat us. UNC has to lose twice, and we need to win out to be in front of them.

Advertisement
UNC beat us. UNC has to lose twice, and we need to win out to be in front of them.

True, but it depends on if we beat UVA and UVA beats UNC. I don't know the tie breaker in a three way circle jerk. If its point differential we're no in too bad of shape.

But still, this is the Coastal, more times than not, the division winner has 2 or more losses.

True, but it depends on if we beat UVA and UVA beats UNC. I don't know the tie breaker in a three way circle jerk. If its point differential we're no in too bad of shape.

But still, this is the Coastal, more times than not, the division winner has 2 or more losses.
Three-Team (or More) Team Tie:
(Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format
will then be applied.)

1. Combined head-to-head win percentage among the tied teams.
2. Win percentage of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference win percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last, using the league’s tie-breaker policies.
4. Combined win percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Overall win percentage versus non-divisional opponents.
6. Win percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall win percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
7. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee.

Move on!

Ain’t no excuses. The vet beats up on the new guy. Story of life. Now if it keeps happening, that’s a whole ‘nother thing.

First year HC, with a freshman QB, freshman LT, freshman RG, and sophomore secondary is a young team. You’re free to disagree.

Ain’t just a cliche.

Bud much respect to you but these delusional fans will still expect 12-0. They knew Rosier was trash last year and still said 12-0 and will beat LSU. This year they seen we were starting 2 freshman tackles and a Freshman Qb, they still said 12-0.

Advertisement
Back