Experience Matters

AmherstCane

Recruit
Ain’t just a cliche.

Manny has taken a young team and gone toe to toe against two highly regarded coaching veterans.

Say what you want about Mack, but he won a national championship. And he was a great coach at UNC the first go around.

The new guy taking his licks from the old guy is a story as old as time itself (our stupid instant-gratification culture aside).

The only reasonable question is how quickly Manny will come of age as a HC.

In that paradigm, the first two performances should actually be encouraging. The offense improved light years from game 1-2. And even though the defense experienced a setback, it was related to a new and different challenge (a deadly accurate, confident, and decisive QB with a quick release). Our rush D was still dominant against NC.

We are playing at a MUCH higher level as whole team when compared to last year (defensive backfield excepted).

Manny will make mistakes, no doubt. Players who don’t really know what it takes to win in college will have lapses and growing pains in gaining that experience.

We lost a game everyone agrees we should have won.

But being smart and aggressive can substantially accelerate the maturation process. I believe Manny is both.

We set ourselves up to fail with absurd expectations for a first year HC, freshman QB, freshman O-line, and inexperienced secondary.

Manny himself is learning that winning is HARD.

Nobody wants a reality check. But the great ones learn and grow.

Let’s see if Manny has the potential to be great (in an almost absurdly short time window).

I, for one, think he does.

Even if you don’t, go support the **** out of this team. You just may be wrong. (And if you’re right, fly the banners next year on sound evidence that Manny ain’t got what it takes - like charmin-soft Coker, schematically and organizationally challenged Shannon, and stubborn *** Al Golden).

Advertisement
0BAF1902-1EB0-4BF8-95E5-94FFB2A2684E.gif

Advertisement
Pretty ****ed off with the first two weeks no lie.

I’ll continue to support the team. I still think a 10-2, 9-3 finish is possible there are always teams that start slow and get hot as the season wears along.

Going to still wait out until the seasons end to judge and evaluate the coaching staff. But really want to see what this program looks like year 3 under Diaz with a junior Jarren Williams competing against Alabama.

That’s the timeline and “statement” game to me. That’s the type of win that could send a dynasty to their knees.

This season I’m interested in watching the development of Jarren and some of our young guys on defense, especially since we may lose quite a few juniors to the league on defense.

Advertisement
I guess you don't remember your own posts. Nevermind then, you have bigger problems.

Which one?

I have said 10 wins and ACCCG.

If we win 9 and go to ACCCG I am not going to cry over it.

You know how numbers work right? 12 - 2 = 10.

We have only played 2 games.

Jesus. Talk about trying too hard.

Which one?

I have said 10 wins and ACCCG.

If we win 9 and go to ACCCG I am not going to cry over it.

You know how numbers work right? 12 - 2 = 10.

We have only played 2 games.

Jesus. Talk about trying too hard.
No you said anything worse than 11-1 is an abject failure, and that outside a loss to UF any more losses are an indictment of Manny and the staff. So no, you dont remember your own rage filled diatribes. Nevermind, it was a waste to engage you in the first place.

Advertisement
No you said anything worse than 11-1 is an abject failure, and that outside a loss to UF any more losses are an indictment of Manny and the staff. So no, you dont remember your own rage filled diatribes. Nevermind, it was a waste to engage you in the first place.

Quote me.

I can wait. Quote me.

Quote me.

I can wait. Quote me.
go ahead and read through that. Where you can see that by your own metric, the staff is trash and the season is defined.

Advertisement
go ahead and read through that. Where you can see that by your own metric, the staff is trash and the season is defined.

You are right and I am wrong.

Having said that Im still showing up to games and we can still win our division. Ohh well sometimes you take Ls in life. This is my time.

Advertisement
Back