Expected Early Enrollees, as of Dec. 6

Advertisement
Didn't Chaney enroll early and practiced (briefly) in the spring? He was coming from Belen Jesuit (private catholic school).

I think that whole "can't enroll early out of a private school" is a misconception.

Might have to do with their credits, but every school could be different.

Advertisement
Garcia will be an EE. STA doesn't allow for it if I remember correctly so that would take out Mcburrows.

Others can answer on T2 and Smith
Well if we land T2 his school allows EE.....but not sure if he's on track to EE (almost certain I read somewhere that he was quoted saying he was signing and enrolling early at his school of choice...correct me if I'm wrong on that one fellas)

No clue on Maason

Franklin has always seemed a little wishy-washy and as if he was waiting for a certain offer. Kind of like Crowley or whoever the RB was from Jacksonville that decommitted and went to Ohio State. Haye seems to have come out of left field, especially factoring in some of what the other insiders on the board have said about him.
Worked out well for Crowley lol. Kid will never see the field at OSU and wind up in the portal!

Advertisement
Curtis, haye & Franklin
Things that make you go hmmmmm....:unsure:

Well, I'm not going to be happy if Thad doesn't stick....kid is the truth and we need him.

IMO Curtis skillset in the return game adds an electric playmaker on PR that we currently don't have...and that's not even speaking on his offensive playmaking skillset...need to land him.

Love Haye and his potential and IMO only way he's not a take is if Maason shocks the world and signs w/us...

I believe St. Thomas Aquinas does this as well.
I don’t see how a kid can enroll early unless high school grants diploma. Maybe some schools will not grant diploma in the middle of the year. The schools can establish their own graduation requirements.

Am I wrong?

Advertisement
Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen this stated before. Can a school legally do that or is it more of a gentleman's agreement not to enroll early?
The school has the leverage because they don't have to give a kid their diploma for not seeing school through to the end, not wanting to give special treatment for athletes.
That is a soft way to look at things in my book.

Advertisement
14 of the current 20 commits are expected to be early enrollees, per 247:

Offense:
-WR Romello Brinson
- WR Brashard Smith
- WR Jacolby George
- OG Laurence Seymore
- OT Michael McLaughlin
- TE Elijah Arroyo
- TE Kahlil Brantley

Defense:
- DT Leonard Taylor
-Edge Thomas Davis
- ATH Chase Smith
- S Kamren Kinchens
- LB Tyler Johnson
- LB Deshawn Troutman

- K Andres Borregales
Should we add Jake to the list! This is going to be a heck of a spring camp in 2021

Advertisement
Back