Expectations for this season?

Advertisement
Advertisement
8-4 or 9-3. The coordinator upgrades and turning half the roster over will make a huge difference. No more 30 play drives that consume an entire quarter and lead to only 3 points or less.

also, offensively, just know your players skill set and utilize them in that role!

Advertisement
F#ck they did it again. I've been cool all off- season with realistic expectations. But this last week of portal additions just might have broken the Dam to reality. I'm starting to belive there is a chance we could win 9 games this year. Someone please bring me back before I jump out of the window. What do you see for this team now?
Notice all the portal players are underclassmen? Inexperience will be coupled with first year coaching to explain a 6-6 season. You’re welcome.

Roster gaps and injury risks still exist, especially with TVD. But barring worst case scenarios this team is now better than 6-6.

7-10 wins with most likely outcomes in the 8-9 range IMHO. Probably 8. 9 if we stay healthy and somehow find a quality DT grad transfer (not Campbell who is a project), a starting caliber OLB and Zion comes back healthy.

People are sleeping on Guidry and Dawson. Yes the coaching and personnel changes are drastic. But we saw Manny after D'Onofrio and Lashlee after Enos turn things around. I’m expecting the same 180 with these guys.
Offensive line is key. If it is truly improved substantially and stays healthy, the difference in our production could be startling.

Advertisement
It would take a colossal effort of elite level Corching to lose 5+ games with this roster.

With the Coordinator upgrades, the additions on Offense & the returning All-PFF talent we have on Defense, if Mario can’t figure out how to win 8 or 9 games then we’re doomed.

If Coaches like Sattefield, Dave Doeren & even The Narduzzi can muster up 8 win seasons with average at best rosters in the ACC, then Mario can manage the same...

This sh*t ain’t Euler’s formula, it’s Football, winning 8 games is not as difficult as people make it seem.

Jim Mora Jr was out of coaching for 5 years, got hired by UCONN, rolled out of bed & won 6 games with one of the worst rosters in all of CFB. 1-11 the year before he got there & hadn’t had a winning season in 12 years.

8-4 or 9-3 is doable.

It would take a colossal effort of elite level Corching to lose 5+ games with this roster.

With the Coordinator upgrades, the additions on Offense & the returning All-PFF talent we have on Defense, if Mario can’t figure out how to win 8 or 9 games then we’re doomed.

If Coaches like Sattefield, Dave Doeren & even The Narduzzi can muster up 8 win seasons with average at best rosters in the ACC, then Mario can manage the same...

This sh*t ain’t Euler’s formula, it’s Football, winning 8 games is not as difficult as people make it seem.

Jim Mora Jr was out of coaching for 5 years, got hired by UCONN, rolled out of bed & won 6 games with one of the worst rosters in all of CFB. 1-11 the year before he got there & hadn’t had a winning season in 12 years.

8-4 or 9-3 is doable.
Even if this new roster is a significant upgrade, we’re still a TVD injury away from a 5 win season.

Advertisement
That’s assuming he gets hurt...

With a better OC & OL I don’t see him getting hit as often this season.

The ball will be out of his hands much quicker in this system.
After 4-5 games DC’s were just bringing constant heat off the edge because we couldn’t block it up. I literally texted a friend “ Tvd won’t make it through the year“. He was a sitting duck.

8-4 or 9-3 is doable.
7 wins

I hope

Please don’t attack me lol (LCE voice)

IMG_5623.gif

Advertisement
Back