Expectations for this season?

9-3 regular season, improving and playing their best at the end of the season. Offense putting up points, helping an improved defense.

Win Coastal (EDIT: forgot the ACC did away with divisions).

Lose ACCCG to Clemson. Close, tight game, though.

Win bowl game.

10-4 final

Last edited:
Advertisement
7-5

Still too many holes in the rooster without much quality depth for me to even entertain 9 wins as a realistic possibility. 8-4 is possible if we stay healthy and get a few breaks.

Just give me a team that I can see improving from September to December and a team that is exciting to watch. Finish out with a Bowl win to go 8-5 and follow that up with a top 5 class and I'll be ecstatic.

If we avoid crucial injuries 8-9 is very doable. I don’t think some realize how big the OC change is , then mix in the skill player additions / improvement and most importantly the OL upgrades.

Imo a lot depends on the D and Leonard Taylor. If LT becomes consistent and a legit dude he can cover up the holes. Deen is coming off an injury and needs to be healthy ( I expect he will ) . I trust Guidry and his scheme to cause enough chaos with the confusion it creates to be improved and good enough to carry its water. Both sides of the ball has better coaching and more continuity as a staff. Night and day difference.

We still have holes all over the roster but TVD, LT, KK Cisco, and the OL MUST stay healthy. If they do I think the schedule is very doable.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

View attachment 238390

7Wwv.gif

Thats very artistic.

My expectation is that they are winning Week 1.

Afterwards? Ask me after Week 1.
Miami (OH) isn't the gimmie people think...

With first set of six games, five are "loseable" based on history and same for the second set of six games.

With that said, significant turnover has re-made the roster and we won't have better prediction data* until week five.

Weeks two and six could prove pivotal: get crushed and look at below, crush them and we'll see, lose close games doesn't change much outlook, but could bode well for 2024.

I do believe QB3 has potential to be far better than just a QB3 slot and inverse for QB2.

Last edited:
Advertisement
8 wins minimum. I think 9-3 with us beating A&M. Losses to NC, Clemson, and Florida State. The losses will not be us out of the game by the end of the 1st quarter either. We will go down fighting. I don't know about the bowl game yet. When the history is written I believe 2023 will be the year we can look back and say that was the turn around year for Miami being "back". I trust in Cristobal and this staff righting the ship! With a better product on the field, and that example for recruits about what we were and what we are now it should make it a little easier for the staff to continue to recruit its *** off!

Miami (OH) isn't the gimmie people think...

With first set of six games, five are "loseable" based on history and same for the second set of six games.

With that said, significant turnover has re-made the roster and we won't have better prediction data* until week five.

Weeks two and six could prove pivotal: get crushed and look at below, crush them and we'll see, lose close games doesn't change much outlook, but could bode well for 2024.

I do believe QB3 has potential to be far better than just a QB3 slot and inverse for QB2.
Based on us being healthy into Week 1, I think the overall baseline level should be high enough to beat them.

If this would be mid-season and we'd have the same injury luck we had last season, I'd go with yiur argumentation.

Early Vegas lines put the over/under at 7.5.

I’m taking the over but just barely.

Unless TVD gets hurt, winning fewer than 7 games is a colossal failure and we’ll just be waiting out the next few years until they can afford to buy out Cristobal. We ain’t signing another top 10 class if we go 5-7 or 6-6. No coach has ever done that. You have to show actual, on field improvement.

9-3 regular season, improving and playing their best at the end of the season. Offense putting up points, helping an improved defense.

Win Coastal but lose ACCCG to Clemson. Close, tight game, though.

Win bowl game.

10-4 final
is there still a coastal to win? does the ACC change formats this year or next?

Advertisement
The roster is nowhere near where it’ll be when it’s the finished product Mario has in his head, but if they can’t win more than 6 with what they’ve got now, it’s gonna be a real long next half-decade.

6-6 would be honestly more disappointing than last year was. A ton of coaches look real incompetent taking over malignant programs in Year 1. Happens all the time. But the good ones very rarely look the same in Year 2.
We won 3 ACC games last year. Bethune and Southern Miss barely count as wins. UVA took a 4 OT no touchdown miracle to eek out. We were that close to 4-8. GT and VT weren’t exactly pretty.

Do not do this to yourselves.

I would be over the f***ing moon with 8 wins but it would take enormous culture shift and on field improvement. Talent level was/is not the the sole reason we lose games. Duke and MTSU beat the living **** out of us. It had nothing to do with holes on the roster.

We’ve added mostly injured or G5 and below portal players and think that’s worth 3 more wins? I’ll believe it when I see it. Hope ya’ll are right!

We won 3 ACC games last year. Bethune and Southern Miss barely count as wins. UVA took a 4 OT no touchdown miracle to eek out. We were that close to 4-8. GT and VT weren’t exactly pretty.

Do not do this to yourselves.

I would be over the f***ing moon with 8 wins but it would take enormous culture shift and on field improvement. Talent level was/is not the the sole reason we lose games. Duke and MTSU beat the living **** out of us. It had nothing to do with holes on the roster.

We’ve added mostly injured or G5 and below portal players and think that’s worth 3 more wins? I’ll believe it when I see it. Hope ya’ll are right!
Go compare last years roster with this years. Look at the Fr class and portal additions. On top of that the OC / scheme is dramatically different. Last year means nothing because majority of this team / coaches have changed. And that’s coming from a guy who was kinda down on the team / roster in 22

8 is the over-under number.

I could see it going either way. We have the talent to win 9, but I doubt we will because Mario will blow a game we shouldn’t lose.

Until the roster is stacked like UGAs, expect us to lose games we shouldn’t. We also need to pray no one gets hurt. We’re still very thin at multiple positions.

Advertisement
The spring game was pretty bad. I know a ton of guys were out, but hasn’t that been the story since last year? We need to get a bunch of guys working together in short time. I can see 5 wins; I can also see 10. I genuinely don’t know what to expect and history is not necessarily on our side.

Advertisement
Back