Expectations for the LB's

We have the best set of young LBs in the country, and we have very good depth at that level. I expect Shaq, Mike, and McCloud to end up as one of our all-time best units.

This season I'd like to see us take another step in pass coverage. I think we already do most things well.

Advertisement
All, including backups, will take the next step.

I'm just glad this this HorseSh*t philosophy is gone:

"There are times when LB Denzel Perryman freelances and makes a play resulting in a negative grade even if the play was made. “We call it freelancing, but at the same time it’s just being a ballplayer,” Perryman said. “If I know I have the tight end and he goes the opposite way and I see the ball coming towards me, I’ll make a play. I’ll get a minus on that play, but I still get a ‘good job,’ but moral of the story is I’ve still got to do my job.”

Denzel would be Nasty in this Defense. No Negs for making plays.

All, including backups, will take the next step.

I'm just glad this this HorseSh*t philosophy is gone:

"There are times when LB Denzel Perryman freelances and makes a play resulting in a negative grade even if the play was made. “We call it freelancing, but at the same time it’s just being a ballplayer,” Perryman said. “If I know I have the tight end and he goes the opposite way and I see the ball coming towards me, I’ll make a play. I’ll get a minus on that play, but I still get a ‘good job,’ but moral of the story is I’ve still got to do my job.”

Denzel would be Nasty in this Defense. No Negs for making plays.

It would've been fun to watch Perryman in this type of scheme. I think Tyriq McCord would've been a bigger impact guy in this scheme.

Advertisement
[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] I was watching DJ Williams' instagram story from yesterday. he tagged Shaq and Pinckney saying he was coming. and was gonna be weighing them LOL. then him and Vilma were at the U working out with Gus. how much are those guys talking to and working with Shaq, Mike, and Zach?
A bunch

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Shaq Daddy, is Pinckney out of the doghouse and doing what he needs to do? He seemed a little off during Spring practice. And how's DO's recovery coming? Is he 100% yet?

Shaq Daddy, is Pinckney out of the doghouse and doing what he needs to do? He seemed a little off during Spring practice. And how's DO's recovery coming? Is he 100% yet?

I'm not Shaq's daddy, but I don't think Pickney was in any kind of "dog house". He got tossed from the bowl game on a horrible judgement call. That's why it was stated he wouldn't be starting against Cookman. Unless I missed it, I don't recall the kid getting any team disciplinary action. What did you see from the spring games or practices that made you feel he was a "little off"?

Advertisement

I'm not Shaq's daddy, but I don't think Pickney was in any kind of "dog house". He got tossed from the bowl game on a horrible judgement call. That's why it was stated he wouldn't be starting against Cookman. Unless I missed it, I don't recall the kid getting any team disciplinary action. What did you see from the spring games or practices that made you feel he was a "little off"?

I don't know, could have been just my paranoid mind jumping to conclusions. But he looked slightly overweight, and he was moved to second team at least part of the Spring according to the media who had a few glimpses of the starting lineups when given limited access. I don't see how an unfair targeting call in the bowl game gets you moved down to the 2s during Spring ball, and Owens still didn't look 100% but was ahead of him, so I assumed Pinckney was in the doghouse.

Pink is good... Gus will have all of them right... I also think he is the starter... He is one of Diaz's originals... He was moved to 2nd team because of the suspension...IMO.. but all the LBs will her plenty of play

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

we got dogs again.. pink reminds me a bit of Chris....RIP

[video=youtube;iGfKTreoWXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfKTreoWXQ[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back