Expectations for the LB's

I want to see the real D.O. back in action. It's taken 2 years to get to 85%, can he get to 95% in under 3 months?

Advertisement
My expetation is.

IMG_0184.jpg

To opposing teams offenses.

After watching a quick highlight video that got me interested, re-watched the bowl game and was amazed by how well-coached these guys were at the end of last season and how they all did the "little things" so naturally. Shaq takes excellent, excellent angles, for example.

Papa Shaq basically saying Mike is fat and out of shape lol.

You have the reading comprehension skills of a rock, that was not what he said.

How the **** do you get fat and out of shape from needing to put on good weight and his knee is still bothering him?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with Shaq Daddy! Shaq is taking on the leadership role very well. Overall
This group has so much potential and when I say group...I mean the entire unit. It's great when
There is legit competition and I like that Diaz creates that atmosphere. IMO no position is safe outside
Of Shaq. Not just because of the way he plays but how he carries himself.
The one guy not mentioned that could be a factor this year is Jamie Gordinier. Injuries happen
and it's a long season. If he is healthy when season starts, I don't see any way he is not
In the rotation.

Not fat.. yet ... he and Zach want to pick up weight... but it has to be good weight ... Shaq is trying to loose weight but he has to be careful and shed fat not muscle... the key for all is manage their weight in conjuntion with hard work in the gym and on the field

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I agree with Shaq Daddy! Shaq is taking on the leadership role very well. Overall
This group has so much potential and when I say group...I mean the entire unit. It's great when
There is legit competition and I like that Diaz creates that atmosphere. IMO no position is safe outside
Of Shaq. Not just because of the way he plays but how he carries himself.
The one guy not mentioned that could be a factor this year is Jamie Gordinier. Injuries happen
and it's a long season. If he is healthy when season starts, I don't see any way he is not
In the rotation.
I agree.. Now when i watch football i watch from the MLB perspective... and watching Mike Smith in the Spring Game i can see him getting alot more snaps this year

Not fat.. yet ... he and Zach want to pick up weight... but it has to be good weight ... Shaq is trying to loose weight but he has to be careful and shed fat not muscle... the key for all is manage their weight in conjuntion with hard work in the gym and on the field

Hopefully they're not trying to do this on their own. That's what Gus and Kyle B are here for.

Are they receiving clear guidance on the S&C/nutrition side of the staff?

Hopefully they're not trying to do this on their own. That's what Gus and Kyle B are here for.

Yes.. You can see Zach transformation looking good... Shaq is down to 235 and 12% BF... Diaz said earlier this year about Zach and Shaq... i paraphrase... but if you ask them for 10 reps and they will give you 11

Yes.. You can see Zach transformation looking good... Shaq is down to 235 and 12% BF... Diaz said earlier this year about Zach and Shaq... i paraphrase... but if you ask them for 10 reps and they will give you 11

That type of mentality is contagious as well. They will start expecting that out of everyone and thats when we get a whole lot better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's the off

I'm not worried about those 3. I'm worried about the depth behind them.
I guarantee Miami back up linebackers played a lot more than most schools. One of diaz'a main focal points is keeping his guys fresh.
Owens, smith and perry received A BUNCH of snaps last year. Now you add gordinier, bj Jennings, wilder and steed to the mix and that's good depth at linebacker

Owens and Perry were in the game against ND when Carter whiffed on the recovery. Broke is right the backups played plenty.

[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] I was watching DJ Williams' instagram story from yesterday. he tagged Shaq and Pinckney saying he was coming. and was gonna be weighing them LOL. then him and Vilma were at the U working out with Gus. how much are those guys talking to and working with Shaq, Mike, and Zach?

Advertisement
Back