Expectations for Malcolm Lewis this year

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
What do you expect from Malcolm Lewis in terms of production now that it appears he's recovered from that gut-wrenching injury?

From the brief moments I've seen, it looks like he and Olsen are developing a connection (Lewis was clearly Olsen's go-to guy in the Spring "Super-Happy-Fun-Time" Game.)

But with all the other weapons at WR (Coley, Dorsett et al) - what do you think we get out of Malcolm this year production-wise?

I'll go with 25-30 receptions, 300-400 yds, and 5 TDs.

Advertisement
I can see him being to Olsen, what Hurns was to Morris and Hankerson to Harris. That go to receiver/possession type guy.

Malcolm is a tough receiver and someone we have been missing. he has the ability to get extra tough yards and reminds me of an Anquan Boldin type. Scott, Lewis, Coley, and Dorsett are some crazy weapons and then add in Berrios. Malcolm is going to have a great year.

2nd leading receiver if 100% healthy.

Dorsett will probably lead in average and rack up some yards but if anyone can fill the role of Hurns, Malc can. He was excellent after the catch and probably has the best hands on the team.

Love Malcolm, but I see him behind Coley, Dorsett and Scott from a production standpoint this year.

Advertisement
He'll be Hurns 2.0. Olsen and Lewis have a rhythm, and that will play out during the season. #2 after Coley.

It's impossible to forecast which of these guys steps up and becomes Olsen's favorite.

Coley, Dorsett, Waters, Lewis, Scott

Walford, Sandland, Dobard

Duke, Yearby, Gus, Tucker

Olsen (or whoever) has got a lot of toys to tinker with.

Because he hasn't put on pads yet. I think he'll be a good one for us down the road, but there's a lot of guys in front of him.

Advertisement
I have a feeling Berrios is going to redshirt, just from a numbers standpoint. Barring injuries ,and the fact that he is returning from an injury. I think we have plenty of options to be able to plan on redshirting him. I love the kid, but a kid does not have to be a freshman AA for me to think he will be great. I just do not see him coming in and being able to unseat that much talent in front of him without injuries. So barring injuries, I think he gets shirted....

Love Malcolm, but I see him behind Coley, Dorsett and Scott from a production standpoint this year.

I could see that for sure. Scott is another wildcard. Physically he could be our 2nd best guy as well. If we get that kind of production from him this year, look the **** out.

It's impossible to forecast which of these guys steps up and becomes Olsen's favorite.

Coley, Dorsett, Waters, Lewis, Scott

Walford, Sandland, Dobard

Duke, Yearby, Gus, Tucker

Olsen (or whoever) has got a lot of toys to tinker with.

It will be the ones that catch the balls he throws them and get open when he gets in trouble. In short, the one that make him look good.

Advertisement
Malcolm will battle with Herb for the starting WR position opposite Coley. I believe he has a solid season but it will not be easy to for him keep Herb off the field.

I could see that for sure. Scott is another wildcard. Physically he could be our 2nd best guy as well. If we get that kind of production from him this year, look the **** out.

pending injuries and his monthly suspensions, I think Scott knows this is his contract year and balls the **** out!

209.jpg

too soon?

Advertisement
I can see him being to Olsen, what Hurns was to Morris and Hankerson to Harris. That go to receiver/possession type guy.

with all due respect to Malcolm, he better not be. #3 better be that guy!!! However, I'm hoping the team stays healthy and that they all get 15 plus touches a game. 9, 4, 3, 80 and 15 should be very nice. could be one of the best in ACC if we get total team production.

p.s. I forgot about herb. we have some serious experience at the position. I just hope the guys continue to work hard and push each other. QB better not mess this season up.

Last edited:
Sky is the limit and I would not be surprised if he was our top receiver this year, he looks that good.

with all due respect to Malcolm, he better not be. #3 better be that guy!!! However, I'm hoping the team stays healthy and that they all get 15 plus touches a game. 9, 4, 3, 80 and 15 should be very nice. could be one of the best in ACC if we get total team production.

p.s. I forgot about herb. we have some serious experience at the position. I just hope the guys continue to work hard and push each other. QB better not mess this season up.

I'm not saying he'll be our leading receiver (statistically) like those guys I've mentioned. But, when we need that big 3rd down reception, he might be the guy. I still think Coley will lead in most of the statistical categories. But, a lot of teams will key in on him in key situations, which can open up a lot of opportunities for a player like Lewis. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Back