"Execution wins it."

The next hire either kills us or brings us back.

Butch please

Miami as a program will never be "killed". It will always be a sleeping giant due to its location. Miami will always be a good coach away from elite.

And I'd love to bring Butch back but there are other really good coaches out there that can win big at Miami. Butch isn't the one and only hope for Miami that some make him out to be.

*********....who else can we afford that has a proven track record in 305?

So you think Butch Davis is the ONLY coach that can currently win at Miami???

As for money, they are allowing Golden to steal a big paycheck now. Money is not an issue.

Advertisement
But don;t you think there is a curious correlation between the APR ratings of Shannon and Golden, and Miami's obsession with improving it's status as an "academic elite"?

I don't think the APR has much to do with our US News and World Report ranking. Also, I know for a fact that Shalala personally pushed Yearby through admissions.

The problem isn't the players in the program. The problem is the way they play when they are in the program.

Dmoney

Do u think this guy can get fired during the season or is there no chance?

Would like to see CiS do a front page story calling for the firing of Golden.
I already have one written for when he leaves. I wrote it when the Penn State stuff was happening. I only have to do a quick search and replace on a few words and maybe a brief paragraph about this season. It'll still do.

I'm Bart Scotting myself over here.

Advertisement
There is a **** ton of talent on this roster, the next coaching stage will have some kids to work with.

I really wanted golden to be the guy to bring us back, he just isn't what I thought he was.

Berry Jackson is the first reporter that seems to be turning on Golden. His columns are quite critical and truthful.

Advertisement
Just give the keys to Coley and fire Dorito and AG. Then call Butch so fkin easy, u will make millions back with the national titles and first round millionaires he would pump out.

Dmoney,

Would you be shocked if there was not a HC change at the end of the season or do you think golden gets 1 more year? I think he definitely needs to go this year.

But don;t you think there is a curious correlation between the APR ratings of Shannon and Golden, and Miami's obsession with improving it's status as an "academic elite"?

I don't think the APR has much to do with our US News and World Report ranking. Also, I know for a fact that Shalala personally pushed Yearby through admissions.

The problem isn't the players in the program. The problem is the way they play when they are in the program.

And that's the problem D everyone and their grandfather knows this! Al is a good guy I'm sure his family loves him, but he his not the right coach to lead our program.

Advertisement
Entrance is one thing. I mean I def understand some kids were pushed through admissions. But APR is a measure of kids going to class and getting good grades. When the admin hires coaches based on their abilities to get kids graduating and in class, you typically get **** coaches. Randy was notoriosu for actually checking on kids in class HIMSELF. You think Jimbo has EVER done that? Saban? Malzahn? Brian Kelly probably doesn't even do that **** and he's at a school that trashes Miami academically. I just can't help be feel that the classroom and graduation are given priority over wins here.

Capture.jpg

This is all true, but this admin has no interest in making a change or hiring the right football man. They care about their stupid ****ing APR and good behavior. Period. What is it gonna take to get Al Golden the **** outta here???

I'm more optimistic in the AD than most. Coker was hired because the players stumped for him. Shannon was not a great hire but we were in QB **** and struck out on our top guys. Golden was a hot coaching candidate at the time who everyone on here liked.

I don't think they are the problem. We've just been making bad coaching choices. Droughts like this happen everywhere, including football-mad places like Alabama and Texas.

Stanford says hello

Advertisement
This is all true, but this admin has no interest in making a change or hiring the right football man. They care about their stupid ****ing APR and good behavior. Period. What is it gonna take to get Al Golden the **** outta here???

I'm more optimistic in the AD than most. Coker was hired because the players stumped for him. Shannon was not a great hire but we were in QB **** and struck out on our top guys. Golden was a hot coaching candidate at the time who everyone on here liked.

I don't think they are the problem. We've just been making bad coaching choices. Droughts like this happen everywhere, including football-mad places like Alabama and Texas.

Stanford says hello

But we don't get Stanford type kids. Stanford gets the cream of the crop academic athletes. Elite studnets who also can ball. And they play NFL schemes with those braniacs. If you want to be like Stanford you need to recruit Stanford kids. But guess what, those Stanford kids chose Stanford b/c IT"S STANFORD. Miami is like the 5th best academic school in its own division.

Don't you think a lot of schools would love to do what Duke does in basketball? Get all the rich, really smart private school all americans. The thing is those kids choose duke bc it's a top 10 academic institution. You will NEVER be able to sell those kind of kids on Miami over Stanford or ND or Duke. Why? BC MIAMI AINT THAT KINDA SCHOOL BUT OUR ADMIN PRETENDS IT IS.

Instead what we do is we get the talented kids who aren't academic superstars, but we treat them like they are academic first students. And we then wonder why every ******* 5 star dosnt pan out?

Advertisement
Back