Example of a Proper Budget for Coach and Staff = Lane Kiffin

Not likely we get a P5 coach to come outside of Mario but Lane has been growing on me. I’m not going to pretend that it might not end in a flaming reck of distraction, sanctions, and tears but Lane is the heel of college football. We are a heel program. It could not be a better match.

We need a heel coach. Miami is the greatest heel in cfb. It's true. Bama isn't as hated, people just view them as steamroller. Really not that interesting to root against. CFB is electric when Miami is good because we get so much heat. Like the Rock before he turned face, people loved to hate him. I dont know if Kiffin would end up being another bust or not, but I'd like to try having a coach whose likes to intentionally antagonize an opposing fan base. Why? Because the players love it and they instinctively play better because they love the heat as well. Road games are fun because you can soak in the rage when you knock their QB out of the game.

Advertisement
If Miami isn’t paying $6M for a HC they aren’t in the market for a successful HC.

The total budget for coaches should start with a $10M.

It’s as simple as that.
☝🏾 This 1,000x!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s our BIGGEST issue right there, the people in charge of making all the Football decisions at Miami are CHEAP AF.

“Kiffin will make an additional $100k each season after that - $4 million in 2021, $4.1 million in 2022 and $4.2 million in 2023. To put that in perspective, when Lane was hired at FAU, he made $950k, and averaged about $1 million over his three years in Boca.

A number of intriguing incentives are included in the Ole Miss contract as well, highlighted by a $1 million bonus for winning the national title. Starting with the 5th win of the season, Lane will also get an additional $150k for each win, and can aslo earn a nice chunk of change for regular-season wins against Power 5 non-SEC programs ($100k per win).

He'll have a salary pool of $5.3 million for his ten on-field assistant coaches, and an additional $2.2 million for his support staff that will include five strength and conditioning coaches and folks in football operations, analysts, video, recruiting, and player personnel.”

That’s what a commitment to Football looks like & that’s from a program like Ole Miss, imagine what schools like Oklahoma, Clemson, TAMU, Oh St etc are spending...

Until our BOT understands that you can’t produce a winning Football program at pennies on the dollar, we’re going to stay stuck in the shallow grave in which we rest upon now.

But the part that’s most frustrating is they already know this & simply don’t give a sh*t, it’s gonna take an act from God himself to get the people in charge to change their course of direction.

We need a heel coach. Miami is the greatest heel in cfb. It's true. Bama isn't as hated, people just view them as steamroller. Really not that interesting to root against. CFB is electric when Miami is good because we get so much heat. Like the Rock before he turned face, people loved to hate him. I dont know if Kiffin would end up being another bust or not, but I'd like to try having a coach whose likes to intentionally antagonize an opposing fan base. Why? Because the players love it and they instinctively play better because they love the heat as well. Road games are fun because you can soak in the rage when you knock their QB out of the game.
Correct. Bama is a heel like they make Lesner a heel. It’s because he dominates. Lane would be like Piper - "Just when you think you've got all the answers, I change the questions!" But he’s also proven to be a pretty good offensive coach and recruiter. We could do worse

If Miami isn’t paying $6M for a HC they aren’t in the market for a successful HC.

It’s as simple as that.

I think it would have creeped near that if Richt had stayed and been successful. He signed for about 4 mil in 2016, then got a new contract to start 2018 that I believe bumped his pay each year after. Dont know how high but I think a fair guess would be 4.8 to 5 million by 2023 (you don't renegotiate a contract for the same amount of money as the first contract) . Subsequent contract post 2023 would probably put him in the mid 5s. It's not 6 but it would have been in the neighborhood. Agreed on total budget, which is why I am lukewarm on paying 10 mil for Mario's buyout. Hopefully Kiffin has much more reasonable buyout, if not that get Herman or Freeze and give them that 10 mil for an elite staff.

Advertisement

It’s as simple as that.
Do you think UM will give Lane a serious look? I think he’d be a great hire.

He would bring a lot of excitement to the program for sure. If Lane had a clone and one coached at Ole Miss and the other at Miami, the Miami Lane would go to the playoffs more and have more conference titles.

Lane ain’t coming to Miami folks. He’s already worked his way up to a solid program. I can’t imagine him wanting to jump back into a complete rebuild at a program that hasn’t been relevant since the early 2000s. That is a massive risk.

I hate to say it but Ole Miss is a better job than Miami right now. Once again, we are looking at a Napier, Clark, Traylor type hire. Maaaaaaaybe Aranda.

Advertisement

They have some higher numbers here. What makes you think UM would ever pay this much?

You don’t think UM would pay a $4.5m base salary? They gave richt 4m over 4-5 years ago without even blinking.

Besides, the market is what it is now for a relatively top tier coach

Kiffin cracks me up. He belongs at UM. LSU supposedly wants him, but he's got too much respect for his old buddy, Ed O to take that job.
No doubt he’s gotta a helluva sense of humor and would have us laughing our asses off. I think he’s grown up a lot. Got some big time jobs at a fairly young age and made some poor decisions but seems to have learned from them.

I wouldn’t have a problem with him coming to Miami.

“Kiffin will make an additional $100k each season after that - $4 million in 2021, $4.1 million in 2022 and $4.2 million in 2023. To put that in perspective, when Lane was hired at FAU, he made $950k, and averaged about $1 million over his three years in Boca.

A number of intriguing incentives are included in the Ole Miss contract as well, highlighted by a $1 million bonus for winning the national title. Starting with the 5th win of the season, Lane will also get an additional $150k for each win, and can aslo earn a nice chunk of change for regular-season wins against Power 5 non-SEC programs ($100k per win).

He'll have a salary pool of $5.3 million for his ten on-field assistant coaches, and an additional $2.2 million for his support staff that will include five strength and conditioning coaches and folks in football operations, analysts, video, recruiting, and player personnel.”

That’s what a commitment to Football looks like & that’s from a program like Ole Miss, imagine what schools like Oklahoma, Clemson, TAMU, Oh St etc are spending...

Until our BOT understands that you can’t produce a winning Football program at pennies on the dollar, we’re going to stay stuck in the shallow grave in which we rest upon now.

But the part that’s most frustrating is they already know this & simply don’t give a sh*t, it’s gonna take an act from God himself to get the people in charge to change their course of direction.

So, roughly $12.5m budget at ole miss. What is UM currently paying manny + staff + support staff, roughly?

Can Somebody On This Board Explain Something To Me.

The ACC distributed a record $497.2 million for the 2019-20 financial year, an average of nearly $32.3 million per school among its 14 full-time members. Why can't UM spend $10 - $15 Million of this money to support the football program. A winning football team will bring in the extra money to support the other non-money making sports at UM. @Lance Roffers @Liberty City El

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
With Kiffin you get Wilson Love, the maniacal S&C Coach. This guy helped turn FAU from 3 straight 3-9 seasons to 2 conference titles and now has Ole Miss on the brink of the top 10.

The ACC distributed a record $497.2 million for the 2019-20 financial year, an average of nearly $32.3 million per school among its 14 full-time members. Why can't UM spend $10 - $15 Million of this money to support the football program. A winning football team will bring in the extra money to support the other non-money making sports at UM. @Lance Roffers @Liberty City El

Signed,

Peruche
because if we spend it, then little Lemonis has to wait an extra couple months to gold plate his 1000 foot yacht…someone needs to give him flake and Strawley wedgies and hang them outside hardrock before Saturday’s game and let the WEZ take care of the rest.

Advertisement
Perspective is KEY!
1. He lives in Butt**** Mississippi.
2. Cost of living in Oxford Mississippi compared to Miami, FL is literally night and day.
3. Expectations in a severely over matched conference that Ole Miss has somehow managed.
4. When he was at FAU, he was on a rebound after attending Coach Nick Saban’s “extraordinary home for ousted coaches” anyone could’ve grabbed him

We DON'T want Kiffin. I don't know why some of yall are so eager to see Miami to get the death penalty.

Bring me Lane w/ Lebby and Eddy O as DL coach.

Y’all can’t tell me **** with your sissy blue shirts

Advertisement
Back