Example of a Proper Budget for Coach and Staff = Lane Kiffin

PBJFanatic

Sophomore
Personal take: I think this guy would murder to coach and live in Miami.

Source: https://footballscoop.com/.amp/news/here-are-lane-kiffins-contract-terms-at-ole-miss

Lane Kiffin's contract at Ole Miss is a four-year deal, starting at $3.9 million for the 2020 season, according to a tweet from Brian Scott Rippee that includes a memo laying out the details of the deal.

Kiffin will make an additional $100k each season after that - $4 million in 2021, $4.1 million in 2022 and $4.2 million in 2023. To put that in perspective, when Lane was hired at FAU, he made $950k, and averaged about $1 million over his three years in Boca.

A number of intriguing incentives are included in the Ole Miss contract as well, highlighted by a $1 million bonus for winning the national title. Starting with the 5th win of the season, Lane will also get an additional $150k for each win, and can aslo earn a nice chunk of change for regular-season wins against Power 5 non-SEC programs ($100k per win).

He'll have a salary pool of $5.3 million for his ten on-field assistant coaches, and an additional $2.2 million for his support staff that will include five strength and conditioning coaches and folks in football operations, analysts, video, recruiting, and player personnel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
this is the same fantasy bull**** that the fat kid with pimples has about humping the cute little blonde cheerleader that sits next to him in
history class ---- there is a slim to none chance either scenario will ever happen.

this is the same fantasy bull**** that the fat kid with pimples has about humping the cute little blonde cheerleader that sits next to him in
history class ---- there is a slim to none chance either scenario will ever happen.
200.gif

Advertisement
Not likely we get a P5 coach to come outside of Mario but Lane has been growing on me. I’m not going to pretend that it might not end in a flaming reck of distraction, sanctions, and tears but Lane is the heel of college football. We are a heel program. It could not be a better match.

Like Mario, Kiffin hasn‘t accomplished anything to warrant the cost of buying Ole Miss out and the $6-7M/yr salary he’d want. I guess maybe that‘s the market value.

Like Mario for some, Kiffin has other attractive traits. Mario has his history with the program. Kiffin has a personality some seem to love.

One note: Why is Kiffin assumed to bring sanctions? He wasn’t implicated in the USC scandal, other than being on staff, and his reprimand at Tennessee was for stating the obvious. Meyer cheats. Were their other issues?

Like Mario, Kiffin hasn‘t accomplished anything to warrant the cost of buying Ole Miss out and the $6-7M/yr salary he’d want. I guess maybe that‘s the market value.

Like Mario for some, Kiffin has other attractive traits. Mario has his history with the program. Kiffin has a personality some seem to love.
South Carolina just gave Staley a 3+mil contract for women's basketball. Time to put up or we doomed.

Advertisement
Advertisement

One note: Why is Kiffin assumed to bring sanctions? He wasn’t implicated in the USC scandal, other than being on staff, and his reprimand at Tennessee was for stating the obvious. Meyer cheats. Were their other issues?
what are your standards are for paying a buy out and salary in that range?

Advertisement
Back