Example of a Proper Budget for Coach and Staff = Lane Kiffin

Advertisement
Lane or Mario should have been the candiate when Diaz was hired, this admin is always a step behind and a dollar short. At this point it would be **** near impossible to get this admin to pay Diaz's buyout and the new coaches buyout, along with a bump in staff costs.

Listen, for me, Stoops is number 1. His demeanor is what we need. Mario, Hugh Freeze and Monkey boy would be high up there as well. Lane may have learnt alot. Is he the guy to bring discipline to this team. If he is stern behind the scenes i would welcome it. He is certainly talented to coach here but im afraid the #1 thing we need is a attitude adjustment throughout the program. Much more than schemes.

You don’t think UM would pay a $4.5m base salary? They gave richt 4m over 4-5 years ago without even blinking.

Besides, the market is what it is now for a relatively top tier coach
It jumps into the $5M+ range quickly. I think they would if it was their perfect candidate. I don't see it now though. Considering they'd have to buyout both Manny and Lane (Manny already being bought out once for $4M lol)

Maybe there's enough outrage this time that they do something, I just don't have that much faith.

He’s not leaving ole miss to come to Miami, especially when they’re playing well. I’d bet my house on it
With every coach like that, it's the allure of Miami that would be your ace in the hole.

We've been to the mountaintop 5 times - if you're confident / arrogant enough you'd think that you could take us there again. I'm CONVINCED that the right coach could convince enough of the top players to stay home and cherry pick the best undervalued 3*s that we continue to miss on (to pad out the roster) to turn us into a force to be reckoned with.

You've seen very highly recruited kids in the last decade buy into the 'make the crib great' / 'why not put on for Miami' message. Imagine if there was a coach that provided substance behind it?

Advertisement
Y'all are out of your everloving minds if you think Lane would have no interest in coming here. Absolutely clueless.

If the money is right, Kiffin would ABSOLUTELY have interest in Miami.
It's hard to be objective, I get that. Maybe you're right but the current state of affairs means this job is an absolute trainwreck. The next 12 months will probably look like one of the two options below:

A - The University cleans house. AD is let go. HC is let go. And they start a brand new rebuild of the entire athletic and football programs. New AD is brought on and conducts his HC search. The new HC will have to rebuild the entire program top to bottom with a ton of negativity surrounding it. Program is viewed as a joke and you've got to fix that.

B - The University decides to keep Blake but let him know this new hire is extremely important. General uproar when the news breaks that Blake will be retained. Blake hires a HC, let's say it's Lane, and there's optimism about the hire. However, the doubts will always be there and there's a sort of cloud hanging over the program because Blake is still around. Expectations are sky high for Lane. Tough environment to work under.

All of this while considering Lane is currently 5-1 in the SEC with his only loss to Bama. Everyone's buzzing about him. LSU may want him. Ole Miss will do everything to keep him. He's got full support of the admin, the fans, and is generally loved by the public.

And you expect him to ABSOLUTELY be interested in the sh*t show down here? Especially after he spent the last like 10 years of his life successfully rebuilding his reputation after the failures at Oakland (holy sh*t forgot he was Raiders HC) UT and USC?

Last edited:
this is the same fantasy bull**** that the fat kid with pimples has about humping the cute little blonde cheerleader that sits next to him in
history class ---- there is a slim to none chance either scenario will ever happen.
But if we be his friend long enough and simp hard enough he may love us one day.

It jumps into the $5M+ range quickly. I think they would if it was their perfect candidate. I don't see it now though. Considering they'd have to buyout both Manny and Lane (Manny already being bought out once for $4M lol)

Maybe there's enough outrage this time that they do something, I just don't have that much faith.

Agree, but the post I made was made in an effort to say we'll have no issue paying $5-6m.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back