Evolution of Canes football under Diaz

FACTS BIG FACTS
It is hard to compete if you chasing stars. Too much talent coming out of Florida for that excuse anymore. AB went to Central Michigan. The schools dropping bags target the top talent. Y'all talking like Clemson Bama Georgia leave us with nothing. Manny and this staff more focus on there own evals and getting off their *** to find amd recruit talent. Take a minute to look at the early classes for Dabo Sweeney and Clemson. He built the foundation of his program with 3 and 4 star players. Then developed them better than everyone except Bama. Slowly improved each year. If you really think about it other than Elite Dline and Recievers Qbs everyone else is a role player. Clemson oline is made up of 3 stars each year. Develop them over a two year period. They built that program with 3 and 4 star talent from South Carolina. 3 and 4 star players have turned into all pros and hall of famers. Excuse played out. They steal 8 of the top 15 players in Florida. What about the rest?

Advertisement
When richt left i felt that passion again come back once manny diaz got hired i was deflated again i hope he proves me wrong but i see this program going the wrong way and it sucks to admit havent gone into a season lacking this much interest in forever maybe the golden era

Urban Meyer was the right choice. He wouldn’t be locking in 2 star prospects
dunce_hat.jpg

Advertisement
Love ALL the good intentions and efforts to date

The evolution, revolution, de-evolution starts on 8/24 when reality hits.

Then we will finally see the first results from whatever really is happening and being built.

All I want to see is an all out effort and no quit on the field. That is first step towards obtaining excellence

Love ALL the good intentions and efforts to date

The evolution, revolution, de-evolution starts on 8/24 when reality hits.

Then we will finally see the first results from whatever really is happening and being built.

All I want to see is an all out effort and no quit on the field. That is first step towards obtaining excellence
This is the thing that killed me over the last 15ish years, once we lost a game or started out bad, the whole team looked disinterested. One thing I will say is that the defense largely remained intense and passionate over the last 3 years with Manolo at the helm, so hopefully that extends to the whole team moving forward.

Until the bag show up! Some are coaching at the High school level. But they are human too and sending their kids to a school not producing would be selfish on their part. Parents would avoid even putting their child in such a situation if they feel the coach is not looking out for their child’s interest.

We can’t blame the coaches when UM has been stinking it up as of late when the high school coaches are giving their kids good advice to go else where.

And as the way we were playing on the field the past decade the bag is just our excuse! Teams would be dumb to break out the bag to compete with us for a high stakes recruit. But those days are numbered! Manny has this train rolling In the right direction and other college coaches are on notice!
Not buying this. How the **** do things turn around if they won't come here. Miami ALWAYS gets held to this winning standard. Bama, Washington, Auburn, Miss St a d .a y others were down and then the exit around when the cash started flying around.

Advertisement
Let me start by saying that I recognize that Manny hasnt coached one down as the our HC. Got it. That being said its not too early to recognize the ways he is bringing the program into the 21st century with his own flare. So many things we can talk about but the one I noticed from this weekend was having Alonzo Highsmith at the camp. Legendary former player but more importantly and current NFL executive. Someone who can speak about all the benefits of being a Cane but also knows exactly what it takes to get to the NFL. Also what NFL teams are looking for. As an Alum he can interact with future players but also current player before most other NFL scouts and execs. Huge benefit for the program. Browns get a headstart and inside info. We get help with Evals and tips from the NFL. Having former superstars is great. An NFL exec is just as huge. Saban is not only a great coach but a former NFL coach with great connections NFL coaches and Execs. Seems like Manny is taking what Mark Richt started to the next level. Using NFL connections to advance the program.

The final thing manolo should do is coach in a white linen shirt and a cuban link to **** the rest of the CFB world off

With all due respect the foundation of this program was built on being able to access talent, like taking a chubby TE, IIRC, named Russell Maryland and seeing he was a future D-line star.

This is the reason every season we have the, "I can't believe we let so and so go to USF" threads.

Advertisement
Back