Evolution of Canes football under Diaz

Redstate12

Junior
Let me start by saying that I recognize that Manny hasnt coached one down as the our HC. Got it. That being said its not too early to recognize the ways he is bringing the program into the 21st century with his own flare. So many things we can talk about but the one I noticed from this weekend was having Alonzo Highsmith at the camp. Legendary former player but more importantly and current NFL executive. Someone who can speak about all the benefits of being a Cane but also knows exactly what it takes to get to the NFL. Also what NFL teams are looking for. As an Alum he can interact with future players but also current player before most other NFL scouts and execs. Huge benefit for the program. Browns get a headstart and inside info. We get help with Evals and tips from the NFL. Having former superstars is great. An NFL exec is just as huge. Saban is not only a great coach but a former NFL coach with great connections NFL coaches and Execs. Seems like Manny is taking what Mark Richt started to the next level. Using NFL connections to advance the program.

Advertisement
Let me start by saying that I recognize that Manny hasnt coached one down as the our HC. Got it. That being said its not too early to recognize the ways he is bringing the program into the 21st century with his own flare. So many things we can talk about but the one I noticed from this weekend was having Alonzo Highsmith at the camp. Legendary former player but more importantly and current NFL executive. Someone who can speak about all the benefits of being a Cane but also knows exactly what it takes to get to the NFL. Also what NFL teams are looking for. As an Alum he can interact with future players but also current player before most other NFL scouts and execs. Huge benefit for the program. Browns get a headstart and inside info. We get help with Evals and tips from the NFL. Having former superstars is great. An NFL exec is just as huge. Saban is not only a great coach but a former NFL coach with great connections NFL coaches and Execs. Seems like Manny is taking what Mark Richt started to the next level. Using NFL connections to advance the program.
Don't forget we also have Dan Morgan too

Not to take anything away from the great Alonso Highsmith and his fellow UM legends who deserve our utmost respect, but I would rather
see more of our former players working at the grassroots level....Specifically, coaching high school football, helping their alma-mater identify
and send players our way.
That is where they can really help UM football.

And, yes, Manny hasn't coached a single down as our HC.

Great move by Manolo, utilize the great players and connections Miami has at its disposal and being in some of these guys to chat with the parents. Also, ensure we continue to keep the doors open and the welcome mat out for all NFL players, current and former, so they can come back workout with current Miami players and instill the mentality they were provided so we keep the attitude and us against the world hunger that got us to where we are in the upper echelon of college football. Manny seems to get everything so far of what it takes and means to be HC at the U. Here’s hoping he also brings in the wins along with it all.

Advertisement
Not to take anything away from the great Alonso Highsmith and his fellow UM legends who deserve our utmost respect, but I would rather
see more of our former players working at the grassroots level....Specifically, coaching high school football, helping their alma-mater identify

Until the bag show up! Some are coaching at the High school level. But they are human too and sending their kids to a school not producing would be selfish on their part. Parents would avoid even putting their child in such a situation if they feel the coach is not looking out for their child’s interest.

We can’t blame the coaches when UM has been stinking it up as of late when the high school coaches are giving their kids good advice to go else where.

And as the way we were playing on the field the past decade the bag is just our excuse! Teams would be dumb to break out the bag to compete with us for a high stakes recruit. But those days are numbered! Manny has this train rolling In the right direction and other college coaches are on notice!

Last edited:
Until the bag show up! Some are coaching at the High school level. But they are human too and sending their kids to a school not producing would be selfish on their part. Parents would avoid even putting their child in such a situation if they feel the coach is not looking out for their child’s interest.

We can’t blame the coaches when UM has been stinking it up as of late when the high school coaches are giving their kids good advice to go else where.

And as the way we were playing on the field the past decade the bag is just our excuse! Teams would be dumb to break out the bag to compete with us for a high stakes recruit. But those days are numbered! Manny has this train rolling In the right direction and other college coaches are on notice!
Utter and complete bull****.

Utter and complete bull****.
Its BS because you don't have any skin in the game!! You don't have a kid with any talent going to college to even speak or have an opinion on the subject!! So your comment is complete BS. Get your head out your *** so you can see clearly!!

Advertisement

Because that's gonna work so well with D. Harris and Djax

Its BS because you don't have any skin in the game!! You don't have a kid with any talent going to college to even speak or have an opinion on the subject!! So your comment is complete BS. Get your head out your *** so you can see clearly!!
And you know all this for no reason other than my disagreeing with what you posted? 😆 Cut the estrogenics dude.

Just recruit the best players simple

Advertisement

Players can send them our way then they commit early....then the undefeated bag drops or maybe not undefeated. Who cares what NFL star u see from the U when u got a new car six figures in cash your mom and dad a house and jobs for the family.

Players can send them our way then they commit early....then the undefeated bag drops or maybe not undefeated. Who cares what NFL star u see from the U when u got a new car six figures in cash your mom and dad a house and jobs for the family.
Hard to compete against this get a sure thing now or wait for a maybe 3-4 year's later.especially if momma is a single parent working 3 jobs to barely support the family.

Advertisement
Yeah. It's a business. Is what it is. People act in their own self interest.

On the flipside, I think if this were all brought out of the shadows and schools could sign players for money, no salary cap, we'd have a pretty nasty team

O
I dont understand your point? No sarcasm. Explain.

Demetrius Jackson coaches Donell Harris and even promised Harris would come here, right before Harris decomitted and reclassified.
My point was that idk how much of a difference having former players as coaches makes, especially not for blue chip recruits.

Advertisement
Back