Evidence Njoku pic

Advertisement
With David leaving after three years, I wouldn't shirt him at all. If he plays he plays, if he doesn't it won't matter. He will be 3-4 and done. Play him with the 2s and blow some teams out! Get this kid on the field and throw it within 5 yards of him.

Yeap. Redshirt for skill position guys with those measurements and talent has gone the way of the rotary phone. Play him 3 or sit him one and play 2 -- math is easy. Put the kid on the field.

Advertisement
No sense in redshirting him imo. Just like his brother.

He might not be polished but his height/wingspan already sets him apart.

Advertisement
If you redshirt him the only red zone tall wideouts you have are Cager and Langham. Get him meaningful situational or garbage time minutes now!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If this photo was during a live game I'd lose it. I'd be embarrassed a DB. This **** is like getting dunked on!

This is one of he many reasons I'm not worried about who the QB is. With the speed in AR, JT Pesos, and Harley, along with the insane height and hops of Njoku, its going to allow our QB to take advantage of a lot of low risk high reward scenarios. Throw it far and out of reach of the DB's for the speedsters, throw it high and out of reach of the DB for this guy. Just get it near them. I think these are huge X factors.

Advertisement
This kid was Mossing dudes all year up here in Jersey. He's going under the radar compared to the other wr's

I think a lot depends on how some of these freshmen perform on special teams. If you want to see playing time at your position, got to be willing to throw it out there on special teams. Can't play on special teams as a freshman, you may be candidate for a shirt.

But **** that catch was nice, if it is consistent, kid is going to light it up.

Advertisement
Insane.

Guys with that type of catch radius are open even when they're covered.

There's literally nothing Young can do there other than attempt to rake the ball out on Njoku's way down. He can't play the ball, it's simply out of his atmosphere. SMH

Catch him in the air and carry him out of bounds lol

That ball placement is perfect - unless there is a safety coming over. In which case extending like that, with his frame, means that he's gonna be on the sidelines for the rest of the game. That needs to be a back-of-the endzone/sideline throw.

That's how you throw into a double team. Still think he redshirts unless he has a HUGE camp. If he keeps making those types of plays, he'll find his way into the rotation.

I think a lot depends on how some of these freshmen perform on special teams. If you want to see playing time at your position, got to be willing to throw it out there on special teams. Can't play on special teams as a freshman, you may be candidate for a shirt.

But **** that catch was nice, if it is consistent, kid is going to light it up.

Njoku is one kid I don't want to see on special teams with his height and weight. I'd be worried that dudes would try to clip his legs.

Advertisement
Back