MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
After a win on top of it. Let’s see what else we can merge that will anger the miserable poRster contingent.

James Van Der Beek Crowd Surf GIF by What Would Diplo Do?

Can I get the RVA edit here?

James Van Der Beek Crowd Surf GIF by What Would Diplo Do?

Can I get the RVA edit here?
There are a number of “negative” threads which are fine and standing on their own, like the one about penalties. Some of these poRsters just want the unfettered right to do as they please. The board burned for MTSU - mostly uninterrupted - for 8 days - and understandably so. We have the board now. Not them.

Advertisement
One of the most embarrassing losses Miami ever had was losing at FAMU in Schnellenberger's first year in 1979.

An even worse one I remember was losing to the University of Tampa in 1972.
Ridiculous statement about University of Tampa in 1972 being ANYWHERE near losing to FIU or MTSU....That University of Tampa team went 9-2...and should've been 10-1....Freddie Solomon made EVERYONE look foolish that yr...

There are a number of “negative” threads which are fine and standing on their own, like the one about penalties. Some of these poRsters just want the unfettered right to do as they please. The board burned for MTSU - mostly uninterrupted - for 8 days - and understandably so. We have the board now. Not them.
The difference is that has relevance to Miami. Being negative about the team shouldn't be outlawed. Bringing up old shít that has 0 credence is where line should be drawn. If MTSU went 15-0 would anyone really have felt better about that loss?

Questions:

1. Has Jake Garcia ever thrown a pass against an ACC team?
2. Has he ever started a game in college?
3. Has he ever won a game in college?

By this logic, every upperclassman is always better than the younger players behind them in the depth chart. Seems silly. (And please dont come back with the copout approach of saying, "I was just positing questions.")

1). Yes. In the spring game. (ask a meaningless question, get a meaningless answer). Has Garcia been put on the field against an ACC team?

2). No, the coaching staff has yet to give him that opportunity. For that to happen, Garcia would have to be given the 1st team reps during the week instead of only getting second team reps, which would help his performance during the game. See the several poor performances by TVD last season when he came off the bench. It wasnt until his 3rd game as a starter that TVD started to produce. (I discount the Central Connecticut State game). Career-to-date, Garcia has looked way better coming off the bench than TVD did when TVD came off the bench.

3). See question #2. He's have to be given a chance for that to happen.

Questions:

1. Has Jake Garcia ever thrown a pass against an ACC team?
2. Has he ever started a game in college?
3. Has he ever won a game in college?

Remember the rabid Tate Martell contingent? It was cult-like, despite the obvious evidence that he was barely an FCS bench warmer. Pepperidge farm remembers.

Advertisement
I’ll go a step further…jacurri brown get a good session in this offseason with a QB guru.. he’s better as well. They’ve been addicted to the thought of Garcia

So Garcia, who has looked good consistently in extremely limited opportunities is an addiction but a kid who is a known project recruit just needs a QB guru (whatever that is) and he'll be the better QB. :mmkay:

Well...

Before TVD got thrown in was he declared the best QB on the team?

Here’s the point... Whether Garcia is or isn’t the best, there’s no way to actually know that until he’s the starter, so when people say he’s the best they’re not actually basing it on anything tangible, other than just what they think/feel.

In that case, anyone who says Jacurri Brown or Jaden Rashada is the best QB has just as valid of an argument; but here’s the kicker, none of those arguments are valid, they’re all equally based on nothing lol.

The funniest part is, the same people who were convinced that TVD was better thank D’Eriq King before he ever took a snap in a real game, are now certain that Garcia is better than TVD... So whose to say that Brown or Rashada won’t fit the same billing once Garcia does throw a pick 6 or multiple INT’s or losses a game? (all which are inevitable btw)

* Garcia looked way better than TVD in the spring game. (Yeah I know - insert the Allen Iverson "practice" video here).
* Garcia looked better than TVD in the MTSU game.

Two very limited data points, I know. But they ARE data points that can be used to evaluate.

Advertisement
Morris had a stronger arm than 90 percent of qb’s that come through any program. He just wasn’t accurate.
Miss the days of Morris rocket launching 60 yards to Dorsett. 6 games in and we havent completed 1 SINGLE DEEP BALL. ughhh

But thats an indictment of having no explosion/speed at WR, not TVD's arm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back