MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

If you believe this then I can safely assume you don't really go to other team boards at all. What is said here on CiS is par the course for most sports message boards I've ever been on. CiS is actually censored and tamer than other boards out there.

Once we see this program become competent we can start saying positive things about it. Until then, I can't blame a single soul for sending their child elsewhere.
Couldn't disagree with you more about CIS being "tamer" than other boards. I read around plenty of sites; no other site allows the kind of stuff that is said here. Most other fan boards are subscription boards, which is different. But don't parade CIS out as a place of mild-mannered commentary....

It's too bad you feel you cannot contribute any positive commentary about the team. While there is plenty to be fixed, there's also been plenty that has moved forward. Not sure what your expectations were for the season - were you a 10-2 guy, 9-3 or 8-4? Did you understand this wasn't an overnight fix?

I try to keep an open mind about this stuff. Seems like Mario found the program rotten to the core. Whether fans want to accept it or not it is really a total rebuild.

Advertisement
Y’all shills can’t justify this and just blame the players. I was here as a kid before Lou Saban. I’m a homegrown sucker for the U, good or bad… from a family of Canes. But it is what it is. No bullshît. We don’t lose like that, and cover it up.
Blaming the players. The slurper’s way since Coker. It’s disgusting.

They have the canes favored to win the game am I fake fan if I’m betting against them ??
You are a realistic fan.

Too lazy to do the analysis, but I suspect Miami has been given a "faborable" spread after most of their disappointing games...only to not cover said "faborable spread"...

hmmmmm...now why would Vegas do that???

The U is back to assessing. Coaches are figuring out what they do well and what they dont do well. Yikes. Overwhelemed? This is awful. I'm not sure how much assessment Mario needs to realize the amount of change is needed about which players to play. All these injuries are making it easy for him.

Thought we were back to work but... the assessment continues..but its the truth. very transparent. always honest.

&^%$
Translation of Cristobal/Gattis/Steele last presser:

- We have no idea why it went so wrong
- We thought we were better
- Our previous limited capabilities are now even more limited
- We can't fix this with tools we have

Advertisement
Advertisement
When Miami was good we had elite talent and elite X's and O's outside of 2001. In the 80's we brought in the pro passing game and started lighting the world up. Then Erickson came in and brought along his innovative 1-back system that was the spread of those days.

Under Mario we're just boring and not close to being innovative at all.
I’ve said many times Schnelly, JJ, and Erickson to an extent, caught the CFB world by surprise with the pro passing attack and bringing in the speed to execute it. Many other teams across the country began to emulate that offense, caught up, and then surpassed us. For a multitude of reasons, we’ve been playing catch up ever since.

Translation of Cristobal/Gattis/Steele last presser:

- We have no idea why it went so wrong
- We thought we were better
- Our previous limited capabilities are now even more limited
- We can't fix this with tools we have
Pretty clear where problems are no? 4 passing TD's total in 4 games while UNC has 19. Thought that was the type stat UM would have had after 4 games with a first round draft QB at the helm. Crazy season.

I'm holding out hope that Gattis will be gone at the end of the season.

I'm hoping all the things Mario is saying publicly are a smoke screen and to not throw Gattis under the bus.

The fact that Gattis wasn't Mario's first choice gives me hope, but is troubling at the same time. Hopefully, Mario has his "spread" guy identified and is making plans to bring him in next season.

Coach Cristobal, I know you're reading this, lol, even though I wanted UM to hire Mark Stoops, you can be just like him, hire an NFL caliber OC and let's do this!

Advertisement
He wasn’t even considered lol
How much of that do you think was from wanting to go for the splashy hire? Not saying he would have hired him from a philosophical standpoint, but it seems like Mario focused on somewhere between the marketability of big names/taking them from big schools to guys have been at the programs that "know what it looks like." That obviously has not worked in the past so its a debatable way to go about things.

Haven't read entire thread but they sure are and seems the toxicity ran off some good posters..

D$ Andrew etc. have you ever thought of starting a paid forum? Either monthly or one time donations and use that money for NIL deals?

Taking over?

It’s like Groundhog Day… been seeing our shadow for 20 years…

The whole thing is laughable.

As soft as players have gotten as the years have gone on, so have fans. The entitlement and over-emotion is hilariously bad.

The same people screaming "15-0!" and "We back!" in the faces of rival fans and buddies—they're now the biggest "Mario sucks!" and "Fire Gattis!" crowds out there—embarrassed that the Canes are 2-2 after they ran their mouths.

Zero logic or reason surrounds any of it.

Program has been in the tank roughly 20 years, Cristobal is the third head coach in five years (and sixth in 17 seasons), Miami just came off of 7-5 and has averaged 7-5 every year since 2006 (118-85 over that span)—but yeah, all problems should be solved four games in.

The "culture" deniers also acting like this wasn't the state of the program 10 short months ago:

Attachments

• FY64MCGVQAA3wAA.jpeg
    FY64MCGVQAA3wAA.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 10
Advertisement
genuinely curious as to whether this board or lewis Hamilton fans on twitter are *****ing more about something.

jesus ******* christ
I wish the Hurricanes had the same kind of success that Lewis has had, this year not withstanding.

Advertisement
Back