MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Agree! It's crazy to me, how folks jump ship at the first sign of trouble. I guess being a fan today is a lot different than from back in the days. Win or lose, I'm gonna ride with this team and it's staff. Of course, we have the right to gripe after the MTSU collapse, but some folks just don't know when to let go.

GO CANES!!!
The stink of MTSU will last forever, its in the record book..

Advertisement

D0guoQuWkAADBli.jpg
family guy suicide GIF

Advertisement
They have the canes favored to win the game am I fake fan if I’m betting against them ??
My first instinct is we’re gonna get smashed but Vegas is smarter than me. It seems like a trap. Like it’s too obvious and too good to be true. It’s puzzling to me.

Glad I don’t gamble. I’ll wait for this week’s @hydro66 gambling thread to see what the “experts” have to say.

Advertisement
We need a W this Sat. Badly. Or else this place will be insufferable.
Off-season hits during holidays so everyone on board has too much time on hands
New coach/coaches hired bc old ones suck/sucked/are sucky
Everyone is bored as f so comes on board
Hype machine blows up over transfers other BAD teams didn't want
Hype machine is driven by a guy who "watched him at practice" 4 1/2 years ago vs. a 5'7 145# defensive tackle
Board remembers one season some coach had in 2015 and gives that guy high *** praise bc of logo
Board loves mustache rides, but only if they pay for them
Team goes 8-4 and loses to a G5
Board goes to chit
Rinse, Repeat

I’m not 95 but we had to be real fans back then. Before Schnelly, we were nobody’s. Had some AA’s and a few winning seasons but never sniffed an NC.

Many of today’s fans think the last 20 years were bad and basing it on an 18 year run from 1983 to 2001. 18 years out the 95 years Miami has played football. A little perspective goes a long way.
The only reason Miami has 99.5% of it's fans is because of those 18 years, so that's probably why.

Advertisement
I don't understand the point, the entire national recruiting pool is tautologically better than the single best 1 or 2 zipcode regions in the recruiting pool, are you under the impression that Miami is ignoring bleuchips in the national pool b/c of a focus on SFL? SFL is relevant because Miami's brand and location means they hit on recruits in that area at an above average rate even while being a mediocre 7-5 program for two decades running, but the players they have actually been getting while doing this are getting drafted at a rate that suggests "they suck because they are recruiting SFL" is not correct.

Georgia has twice the bluechips of the back half of the top 10 in recruiting, there is no special sauce strategy there. Miami should definitely recruit like Georgia.
I disagree. There is something missing with south Florida athletes lately. The same is true in baseball. The measurables are there, which is why they are rated highly, but the element of actually being successful in a game is lacking.

I mean, our coach went into Columbus and won with kids from the Pacific Northwest. But he can't beat MTSU with south Florida "talent"? It doesn't add up.

Nick Saban went 6-6 his first year at Alabama. He lost to ULM. Coach Mario Jesus Cristobal worked for Saban. He has a plan. He knows UM. He knows what it takes. He has seen it, lived it and achieved it all at UM. He says awesome stuff too, like working it into existence, and how you do anything is how you do everything. He gets it. He's a savage recruiter. The best.... oh, FFS. Look I tried. Sorry. It's not you, Mario, it's me. I didn't expect more than. 7 or 8 wins to be honest, but I guess I missed the part in your speech where losing to a bad G5 team was, "what it looks like." I also can't process TVD looks this bad. There were a lot of questions about you and QBs, and you made sure those followed you here. Now here we are, we have a B1G offense and can't sign WRs. We are playing down to, and beneath our weakest competition. So yeah, when you say you know what it looks like, I really doubt you meant the Coker years. Fix this ****.

Advertisement
Nick Saban went 6-6 his first year at Alabama. He lost to ULM. Coach Mario Jesus Cristobal worked for Saban. He has a plan. He knows UM. He knows what it takes. He has seen it, lived it and achieved it all at UM. He says awesome stuff too, like working it into existence, and how you do anything is how you do everything. He gets it. He's a savage recruiter. The best.... oh, FFS. Look I tried. Sorry. It's not you, Mario, it's me. I didn't expect more than. 7 or 8 wins to be honest, but I guess I missed the part in your speech where losing to a bad G5 team was, "what it looks like." I also can't process TVD looks this bad. There were a lot of questions about you and QBs, and you made sure those followed you here. Now here we are, we have a B1G offense and can't sign WRs. We are playing down to, and beneath our weakest competition. So yeah, when you say you know what it looks like, I really doubt you meant the Coker years. Fix this ****.
He was a GA under Butch from 98-2000 (and Won a 3rd ring as an Asst. Coach in 2001)...he had a Birdseye view for 4yrs on how to do it from A to Z....

Nobody whose a fan today is fair whether. Sorry.
Fair weather fan was no where in my post or insinuated. My point was that most Canes fans of today have no clue about the history of the football program pre-1983. Those of us that have been FANS well before then have been through similar times like we’re currently experiencing.

Advertisement
Back