MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
Do you buy the stop gap insurance when financing a car? I did the last time. I don’t know if it pays off or not but it seems like a pretty safe idea.

Never. But I tend to lease cars with a high residual value, so the likelihood of me have a total loss on my car while getting upside on it is pretty low. Still somewhat of a risk, I guess, but well within my risk tolerance.

No one is answering you because its not worth the hassle not because you’re making some sort of point brother lol
All I asked for was an answer.... You made the assumption of any point making my boi.

But you're right, debating with me is never worth the hassle lol. Trust me.

For all you bozo's advocating for running the offense at breakneck speed, in the 3 games we've played against real teams so far, we've run 78, 77, and 89 plays.

In Lashlee's 2 years here, he coached in 23 games. Of those, we ran 77 or more plays nine (9 times). Less than 50% of the time.

The problem is not the plays. It's not the pace. It's the execution. We can't catch the football. We can't get guys open. Our QB is unsure where to go with the football. He's not comfortable in the system. He's not being given easy throws. When he is, we can't catch them. We don't have anyone to separate on the outside. Our best WR is hurt.

We need to figure out a way to be more explosive on offense. Not go faster. Not run more plays. Be better on the plays we do run.

For example, we are 59th in the country in yards per game. But we are 102nd in the country in yards per play. What does that tell you? We're running plenty of plays. We're not doing anything with the plays we're running. The answer is not running them faster. The answer is designing them better, throwing them better, blocking them better, and catching them better. This is a design and execution issue, not a pace issue.

Advertisement
For all you bozo's advocating for running the offense at breakneck speed, in the 3 games we've played against real teams so far, we've run 78, 77, and 89 plays.

In Lashlee's 2 years here, he coached in 23 games. Of those, we ran 77 or more plays nine (9 times). Less than 50% of the time.

The problem is not the plays. It's not the pace. It's the execution. We can't catch the football. We can't get guys open. Our QB is unsure where to go with the football. He's not comfortable in the system. He's not being given easy throws. When he is, we can't catch them. We don't have anyone to separate on the outside. Our best WR is hurt.

We need to figure out a way to be more explosive on offense. Not go faster. Not run more plays. Be better on the plays we do run.

For example, we are 59th in the country in yards per game. But we are 102nd in the country in yards per play. What does that tell you? We're running plenty of plays. We're not doing anything with the plays we're running. The answer is not running them faster. The answer is designing them better, throwing them better, blocking them better, and catching them better. This is a design and execution issue, not a pace issue.
Be very careful stating facts on this site mane

Advertisement
There are posters on this site who argue until they are blue in the face about how we "need" power spread, or horizontal principles, more verticality, air raid, etc.

All of this is missing the point. What we need is an OC who has the wherewithal to recognize strengths and weaknesses, and continue adapting the offense to every season, game, and situation based upon personnel (including injuries). Every OC is going to have general principles and preferences, which are fine, but the very good ones can consistently adapt to personnel.

That's what I ask for.

Blue in the face, you say
0A57E29C-8FAE-4A39-80B7-0328C08AFC1D.jpeg

Advertisement
While I'm a proponent of the spread offense, I find it hilarious reading these reactions from fans nowadays when so many of you use to swear Miami was too good to run spread. At least you finally came around

I'm not advocating for breakneck speed, but can we stop doing the check with me offense and after the check snapping the ball with 4 seconds left on the play clock and still running into a loaded box?

If we're moving slow and doing the check with me and actually adjusting to what the defense is showing and we move the ball, I can handle it. When we show a look, see the defense has loaded the box, we do a check, and then we still run into a box that has a 2-man advantage for the defense, then I have zero idea what we're even attempting to do.

Advertisement
While I'm a proponent of the spread offense, I find it hilarious reading these reactions from fans nowadays when so many of you use to swear Miami was too good to run spread. At least you finally came around

Seriously. 7-5 last year with Lashlee. 8-3 the year before, and smoked by Clemson. North Carolina and Alabama along the way.

Won three games by eight points in 2021 and three by a combined nine points in 2020—King a magician for Miami in 2020, while TVD played over his skis last year after the Canes hit 2-4 and were playing with the house's money.

Everybody on the planet saw this one playing out; an off-season of "15-0!!" after Cristobal was hired, and the honeymoon over before he actually got out of September—everyone expecting 20 years of incompetence to get solved overnight.

This fan base is hilarious.
Right .... Nothing else needs to be said now.

Advertisement
Back