MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
nEeD tO bE moRe FizIkuLl

@Liberty City El

He's just another football coach. They know what they know, and they believe what they believe-- that's it and nothing
else. You pray you made the right call, but know in advance which sword they will fall on the moment you hire them.

Coaches always talk about adapting to their personnel, but very few actually do, and they mean it differently than fans interpret it anyhow. You're not going to see Mario hire an Air Raid guy, ever.

You always hear the logic of, "we need ____ guys that fit the scheme," be it "more", "faster", "better", etc. , but it almost never happens, you don't have the time of margin for error in college football anymore.

Sure, you can take an NFL team, give them whatever playbook you want and they'll win nearly all of their games, but if that is you're way of thinking, you're DOA.

I can't say that is what Crisotobal believes, but he is acting dangerously close to it, and at UM, it's even more of a death knell.

South FL is the most heavily contested recruiting market there is, so why add the overhang on selling the most critical recruits on a system they find the least attractive? Now you add in the stigma of having lost to a pretty bad G5 school while you're trying?

It really isn't supposed to be that hard. UM offenses should be innovative, not replicative; but if you aren't going to do that, at least be exciting and show these kids you will put them in a position to do what they know they do best.

Lmao. I forget TV is as close as some of yall have ever been to football. That's on me.
That may be true for others on here, but it isn't for me. Are you arguing that when the offense is the strength of your team your gameplan should be to minimize the amount of opportunities they have to score?

LOL isn't really a valid response in a debate, but carry on.

We've been claiming that we have such a talent advantage down here for 20 years. But while the personnel source has remained the same, a hundred different head and assistant coaches have failed.
Your case would be stronger if we had continually hired well thought of coaches that had past successes and came here and failed. That has not been the case. Since 2000 we have hired internally 3 times(Coker, Shannon, Diaz), we had one legitimate coaching search that brought us Golden, and then the 2 other times we knew who our target was, had zero search, and went with the Miami guy(Richt, Cristobal.

Coker, Shannon, and Diaz were not qualified to be head coaches and their results only reinforced that.

Golden did some things well, but his defensive scheme was absolutely awful and I'm not sure any can argue against that.

Richt was well beyond his prime years and had major health issues prop up. He's literally the most qualified coach we've hired in 20 years and it is no surprise he is the only coach to get double digit wins and win a bowl game as well as get us an appearance in Charlotte.

And do you remember Richt's first year? We had some offensive woes and it led to a 4 game skid. He was able to adjust his offense to match Kaaya's strengths and from the 2nd half of the ND game on the team played significantly better.

Mario has a pretty decent reputation. Nothing that matches Richt's, and he has time to right the ship, it is only game 4, but we've looked horrendous under his belt and we have numerous guys that are looking much worse under him than they did last year. A large part of that is because our offensive system is not helping out our guys. I am not saying we lack talent anywhere, we need an infusion of talent at all positions, but we definitely have the talent to look much better than we have to this point. We're simply not doing anything schematically to make it easier on the players we have now. That's the major issue.

"We are committed to putting our guys in a position to succeed; we are committed to the power spread and this is our system/tempo."

I'm not saying our system will or will not work. I'm saying his comments don't really work.

It sounds like coach speak for: they're gonna focus on better execution rather than system/philosophy tweaks.

Aww man, what could have been

hE CaNT...rEcRoOTT!!!

20161015181519.0.jpg

10.0.gif

Advertisement
I'm convinced that those who think we need to be running spread, like Borry Jackson, have zero idea what a spread actually is.

The more you hear from the Michigan people, the more you realize it was the Milli Vanilli offense. Time to reassess the credit for that one.
That Michigan offense is still more of the same this year. Was held to 27 points on Saturday against the first defense they played with a pulse.

Didn't keep us in game vs Clemson or Alabama or Michigan State.
It didn't, but outside MSU (and we still had 440 yards of offense in that game), those teams had much better talent than us. Right now we cant even move the ball well on teams with much less talent than us - do you think the offense we have seen so far this year would have faired better against Clemson or Alabama?

Don't get me wrong, I think Lashlee's offense needed to have more pro-style elements mixed in, but what we are doing now has swung the pendulum so far in the other direction.

It didn't, but outside MSU (and we still had 440 yards of offense in that game), those teams had much better talent than us. Right now we cant even move the ball well on teams with much less talent than us - do you think the offense we have seen so far this year would have faired better against Clemson or Alabama?

Don't get me wrong, I think Lashlee's offense needed to have more pro-style elements mixed in, but what we are doing now has swung the pendulum so far in the other direction.

But we are moving the ball. We're just not getting it in the end zone.

Advertisement
He’s about to run the table and quite possibly give Bama a serious scare.. meanwhile we’re in fear of unc
Who couldnt see it coming?.

The crazy part is......there excuse wasssss......CROOTING. ****ed me off man...all Lane wanted to do was come down here kick *** and smash some hoes....and i woulda personally helped him with the latter.

If you want to know why I keep saying lashlee’s play calling and scheme are getting the short end of the stick from you all tune into the Texas/tcu game this weekend.of course it’s coach dykes but it’s the same scheme. Garrett Riley is the play caller (he’s who I tried to get interviewed here too) that’s what lashlee’s scheme looks like with a serviceable o-line.
Garrett Riley would have been a home run hire.

But people would have hated his offense. Same as people hate Gattis offense and hated Lashlee offense too. Anything less than the 2001 Canes offense will be hated here.

That’s why we see all sofla receivers leaving to ole miss, tcu, miss st, smu right? **** let’s see all the 5 stars going to wake now. Fold the program.
That’s why bmac is at uga for that air raid fast tempo correct?

Y’all some stupid mfers on here man I swear.
Go cheer for the teams you’re really fans of. If the real fans on hear can’t see what’s going on then go ahead and join in on the period party and eat your cookie dough ice cream and chase it with a bottle of midol and a glass of Riesling.

Jtc.
Lol you one ranting. Maybe check your pad

Advertisement
That may be true for others on here, but it isn't for me. Are you arguing that when the offense is the strength of your team your gameplan should be to minimize the amount of opportunities they have to score?
When is the objective for offense ever to not score? When you have a porous defense you also want to lessen the amount of time they are on the field. You don't want to give the other team more possessions. You shorten the game. You dont set 1 gameplan for the season, you adjust by week, quarter, series.

Spread no spread. Who cares? What about the toughness, execution and physicality? When Mario gets the kind of recruits he wants to run his system then we will see results. This group has been playing football since pop Warner played high school and are in a major college institution. Perhaps if Mario changes the X and O system to using emoji’s this group might better understand the concept.

I don't hate Lashlee or his offense. I hate the things were better with Lashlee. Grass was different not greener.

Advertisement
Cool so you just keep running the scheme, even if you don’t have the players to run it huh?

Recipe for success

As u know, I’ve been defending Mario regarding certain allegations or running rumors, but I can’t defend him on this.

Power Spread is a great offense, but u have to have the pieces. If not, then like Ryan Day said, he’s not dogmatic to a concept; his concept is predicated to who’s on the roster. Yes, the foundation is there, but it changes yr to yr based on the quality of OL, RB room, WR room, etc, to best maximize each player’s potential. If the QB is struggling w/ the concept, how do we scrap this & that from the playbook to ease them into the new language?

That’s what I hope; but power spread is not the problem, it’s trying to run it like we have w the personnel on the roster.

Advertisement
Back