MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

So stupid with the fire everybody after a loss. How about get better kids to come to Miami. thats been the problem here lately. I don't care who coaches here. we needs players that can get it done.
I'd like to disagree with you fire The Coaches... there's something the matter with anyone that's thinks a 4-5 star kids all of sudden forget to tackle,catch, block, cover wrs etc that's horrible coaching! No accountability, motivation, next level Power football coaching is taking place!

Advertisement
Obviously our defense was bad against middle whoever from wherever and it needs to be addressed but they were solid in other games. We don’t disguise looks well nor do we vary our looks against lesser opponents. Easy film to dissect for them. We also need to address effort from CBs and safeties. JW is prime suspect #1 in lack of effort it’s embarrassing

Man, y'all are on to something. Fire Gattis. Fire Steele. Fire Addae, Wright and DVD. Fire all of them and the players can just coach themselves this year. Very logical stuff coming out of here four games into a new regime. Keep up the great idea, braintrust of this 20-year dumpster fire of a program. You've got this.

This is why this is the worst fan base in all of sports. Calling for heads 4 games in. Get a fvckin grip

I mean welcome to fandom in 2022. You have Alabama fans trying to run Saban off in years he wins the natty, but loses a regular season game.

It's hardly proprietary to Miami, though our jaded little group is special—holding the program to a 1980's-era standard, despite 20 years of incompetence.

Advertisement
Should never have been hired.

We were promised big name coaches and we stole Marylands d coordinator.

You do realize Steele worked at more successful programs as well, no?
Also, the Terps' OC is none other than the same Dan Enos guy who was run out of Coral Gables, and he's actually doing pretty good work.
And I don't see many folks complaining about the two guys on StatePenn staff who was also run out of here (and, no, not a Diaz fan)....so sometimes players do matter.

Last edited:
Same **** is happening to the defense this year as last year. With a lesser DL. Seems there is a common denominator.

Also, the Terps' OC is none other than the same Dan Enos guy who was run out of Coral Gables, and he's actually doing pretty good work.
And I don't many folks complaining about the two guys on StatePenn staff who was also run out of here (and, no, not a Diaz fan)....so sometimes players do matter.

Yea i forgot we need 30 5stars to beat middle Tennessee.

Coaching matters.

The weird thing is that TAMU didn't try to bomb us vertically as often as they should have. I'm not really sure why. Each team that's tried has succeeded. I said before that game I thought we had gotten a bit lucky one of their star sub-11 WRs got suspended.

Said this prior to TAMU so I can repeat it here without it being hindsight bias: I were an opposing OC, I'd spread us out, find my favorite speed mismatch (there will automatically be at least 2), and run Lashlee-like verts. I expect UNC to do the same, and I expect Steele to be forced to try some Man 2-Deep Randy-style - at which point we'll most likely get run on or crossed on. Should be fun.

Corey Flagg in coverage…. Gotta love it

Advertisement
Should never have been hired.

We were promised big name coaches and we stole Marylands d coordinator.

And I don't many folks complaining about the two guys on StatePenn staff who was also run out of here (and, no, not a Diaz fan)....so sometimes players do matter.
Yea i forgot we need 30 5stars to beat middle Tennessee.

Coaching matters.

Of course it does.
Who is arguing otherwise?
But riddle me this, why does Enos' offense look completely different at Maryland than at UM?

Of course it does.
But riddle me this, why does Enos' offense look completely different at Maryland than at UM?
His play sheets are Laminated??

Last edited:

Of course it does.

Maybe he changed some stuff that the head coach wanted. Is he running the same exact playbook?

Advertisement

Of course it does.
He's averaging 7.3 yards/play so far this season. To think of how his offense looked at UM, it's almost inconceivable.

He's averaging 7.3 yards/play so far this season. To think of how his offense looked at UM, it's almost inconceivable.

I am a Maryland grad, so I follow them a little....I will say he has better material to work with than with what he had with the 2019 team....you could argue that TVD is more talented than Tua's little brother, at least if you disregard this season thus far. But he definitely has a better OL to work with at Maryland and same goes with their WRs. So talent does matter to a large extent..

Maybe he changed some stuff that the head coach wanted. Is he running the same exact playbook?

Good question.
I won't pretend to know the answer but to my eyes, offense is not drastically different to what he was attempting to run at UM. He does have a better QB situation at Maryland and when Tua's lil bro was knocked out of game vs Michigan, the backup who is a Wake transfer picked it up and moved team. The Terp OL and receivers are big and athletic...more to work with than what he had down here.

Advertisement
Coach Steele is a fantastic DC. He's had nasty defenses for years that ranked inside the top 10 year after year (despite playing really tough competition). Coaches in the state of Alabama have cited him as one of the best recruiters in the game (saw that in an article about Harsin's recruiting efforts at Auburn and elsewhere). You can combine the best of Jimmy Johnson, Don Shula, Saban, Schnellenberger, Parcells, and Bellichick and it isn't going to make Ivey any faster and prevent him from being beat deep by a speedster. With that point deficit we were facing, I wouldn't be surprised if Steele was taking some risks to try & force 3 & outs and turnovers & change the complexion of the game. The only things that could have been done (if your CBs can't survive on an island) are:

1) Have Ivey play further off his man & leave a big cushion (keep everything way in front of him). That might prevent huge chunk plays & quick scoring strikes but we'd clearly be susceptible to shorter pass completions (although at least those force the opponent to have to complete more of them to score). This probably was the best answer against MTSU. That and Ivey being more alert.

2) Have safety help back there. Again, that would leave other spots open (like the middle of the field).

Coach Steele is a fantastic DC. We need better horses at CB, LB and DL. The recruiting deficiencies of the prior staff came home to roost in this game in a big way (particularly at CB & LB). We simply need faster, better players at all three defensive positions. Coach Steele ain't the problem.

Good question.
I won't pretend to know the answer but to my eyes, offense is not drastically different to what he was attempting to run at UM. He does have a better QB situation at Maryland and when Tua's lil bro was knocked out of game vs Michigan, the backup who is a Wake transfer picked it up and moved team. The Terp OL and receivers are big and athletic...more to work with than what he had down here.
So you believe Maryland has better players that miami?

Wanna take a guess who has more players make nfl rosters over the next couple years?

So you believe Maryland has better players that miami?

Wanna take a guess who has more players make nfl rosters over the next couple years?

Irrelevant.
Some of the ****eeist teams in UM history were from the 1970s and yet that era saw many Canes not only make it to NFL rosters but make All-Pro as well. We do have players on team that will be playing on Sundays, but doesn't mean much if you have DBs who can't cover, LBs who can't play, OLmen who can't block, etc and we have just enough of those starting who cancel out our legit players. Maryland is not a stacked team and at best will end up in a minor bowl, but I would take many of their linemen over what we have and at least two of their WRs over what we have...and their LBs aren't too shabby. I think sometimes we need to take off our Orange and Green glasses.
This is not to excuse the loss to MTSU as that was horrid and that is on coaches and players.

Irrelevant.
Some of the ****eeist teams in UM history were from the 1970s and yet that era saw many Canes not only make it to NFL rosters but make All-Pro as well. We do have players on team that will be playing on Sundays, but doesn't mean much if you have DBs who can't cover, LBs who can't play, OLmen who can't block, etc and we have just enough of those starting who cancel out our legit players. Maryland is not a stacked team and at best will end up in a minor bowl, but I would take many of their linemen over what we have and at least two of their WRs over what we have...and their LBs aren't too shabby. I think sometimes we need to take off our Orange and Green glasses.
This is not to excuse the loss to MTSU as that was horrid and that is on coaches and players.
Irrelevant?

More nfl players means more talent. Period.

Advertisement
Back