MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Can we get the leaders on record?
- Mope President - @SinisterCane in a landslide
- Mope VP -
- Mope Press Secretary
- Mope Secretary of Defense
- Mope Secretary of Offense
- Mope Secretary of Special Teams
- Mope Secretary of QB Controversy
- Mope Secretary of Fire Mario
- Mope Secretary of Slurper Punishments
- Mope Secretary of Hype - @cway313
You do know the Mope have been right for the past 20 years????

Advertisement
Good lord, UM has hired Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, [name omitted out of respect], Manny Diaz and a guy that got his *** beat by MTSU, but Mike Leach is totally out of the question. We're the best!

Oh, and don't forget our forever candidates, Greg Schiano and Mark Trestman.

It's OK, when he's expressed interest, none have felt that taking on his personality quirks were worth passing on the elite coaching prowess of Bo Pelini, Al Golden, Willie Taggart, Brett Bielema and Butch Harmon.

In his prime, I would have like to seen someone with some tradition and a decent recruiting base take a shot with him.

You do know the Mope have been right for the past 20 years????
journey of course GIF

Name your VP and cabinet, Mr. President!!

Don’t forget - Mope Secretary of Beer Distribution is @Mklein13 and you have a Mope Secretary of Fly the Banners already appointed as well (@305_separatist)

Losing to MTSU at home was like any other tragedy. The ones we call "mopes" are just going through the stages of grief like the rest of us, only they fly through "denial", spend half the season stuck on "anger", bargain for a day or two, spend the rest of the season in "depression", and only reach "acceptance" on the day the current HC is fired.

I felt nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good lord, UM has hired Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, [name omitted out of respect], Manny Diaz and a guy that got his *** beat by MTSU, but Mike Leach is totally out of the question. We're the best!

Oh, and don't forget our forever candidates, Greg Schiano and Mark Trestman.

It's OK, when he's expressed interest, none have felt that taking on his personality quirks were worth passing on the elite coaching prowess of Bo Pelini, Al Golden, Willie Taggart, Brett Bielema and Butch Harmon.

In his prime, I would have like to seen someone with some tradition and a decent recruiting base take a shot with him.

With all due respect, your post reflects the difference between "reading the headline" and "reading the rest of the article". Or the difference between "resume" and "interview".

The original porster started off with clickbait: "Many didn't want the Pirate but:". Which is weird, seeing as how many posters actually HAVE advocated for Leach. Plus, the issue of "wanting" or "not wanting" a particular job candidate is independent from how that person performs in a live interview. If you recommended your friend (with a great resume) for a job with your company, and then he showed up for his job interview and acted like a clown, not only might that person not get the job, but your own judgment might be called into question.

The original porster then completed the clickbait headline with "Look at the roster he wins with. He gets the most out of who he brings in right away." Which is just a provable falsehood. I've already pointed out that Leach has been DECLINING as a "winning" coach with each successive job, going .661 at Texas Tech over 10 years, then .539 at Washington State over 8 years, and now going .517 at Mississippi State for 2+ years. But the whole "he ges the most out of who he brings in right away" is also a lie.

---At Texas Tech, Leach won 7 games in Year 1 and 7 games in Year 2. His most successful year was Year 9 (out of 10).
---At Washington State, Leach won 3 games in Year 1 and 6 games in Year 2 (plus 3 games in Year 3). His most successful year was Year 7 (out of 8).
---At Mississippi State, Leach won 4 games in Year 1 and 7 games in Year 2. His most successful year (thus far) is Year 3, where he is currently 4-1.

So, yeah, maybe, JUST MAYBE, people are objecting to the factual inaccuracies of the original porster, not just taking random undeserved potshots at Leach. There are valid reasons to point out that the gap between the MYTH of Mike Leach and the REALITY of Mike Leach is a pretty wide gap.

Unless Ruiz, Mas, and other big hitters change their mind and decide Mario ain't the guy, we've got him for at least the lion's share of the 10-year deal. Not saying sit back and take it, but settle in...good or bad, he's here for a while.

This Power Spread stuff is as bad as Enos' "Spread Coast" BS. I like that we can run the football effectively now (unlike under Lashlee), but we have to get more creative in the passing game and give our QBs/WRs easier reads to get the ball out more quickly. When you make it to the league, learn a more complicated system. In college, do what works for your team/personnel to put points on the board. That's my thought on it anyways.

As for picking TVD as the starter again...I think it's a bad choice. It's the first major choice of Mario's that I can honestly say I'm 100% opposed to so far...so it'd better ******* work. If not, it may end up being one of those things we point to when change comes his way on down the line if we end up not being successful and having to buy out his contract in part. For his sake and the continuity of moving the program forward, it had better work. If not, expect more days like the MTSU debacle.

Advertisement
Fifteen years of bad coaches, lazy evaluations, underfunding, bad facilities and most importantly a culture that’s broken and you truly think the time to voice your concerns is four games into the new coaches first season leading the program? You win! Either burn it all down or losing your mind publicly is going to make him change course from what he believes is the best way to right this ship. Genius
You might be right ultimately, but I’ll wait until after he moves into his new house and stops renting. I think this might take longer than new floors and cabinets.
The losses we have experienced had less to do with ROSTER talent than they had to do with COACHING / scheme / preparation. Gattis was supposedly a master of "scheming to his roster talent" and it doesn't look like he has done that so far. UM started the season with a "first round draft pick QB" as the leader of the offense ... and after 4 games UM has a total of 4 passing TD's and 15 total TD's ... most from BCC and Southern Miss. In the meantime our fans are saying that UNC is a trash program ... but their QB has 19 passing TD's to date and they have another 11 rushing. This mega bucks staff SHOULD be able to plan a gradual transition to "smash mouth" football if that is what they want to run ... but they have to wait until they have the roster to do it.

The injuries certainly don't help. Citizen would have been a huge addition as would having Restrepo and now Arroyo. Just hope that Parrish and Rooster aren't out. No clue if they are even practicing. The frustrations are there because UM wasn't beaten by A&M, UM gave them the game, and then didn't take the MTS game seriously. They should be 3-1 or even 4-0 right now ... what a difference that would be for the program going forward. Hope they can get their act together Saturday. Team / program needs a W.

"Like win?" WHAT?

Leach has been the HC at THREE different P5 schools:
---Texas Tech (10 years) - won 66.1% of his games
---Washington State (8 years) - won 53.9% of his games
---Mississippi State (2+ years) - won 51.7% of his games

Leach has a total P5 winning percentage of .597.

In Mario's four-plus years as a P5 coach, he has a winning percentage of .712.

Yeah, all Leach does is "win". Although he has done so with less frequency with each new job he has taken.
I'm talking about 2006, Miami went with Onion.
Did not mention Mario, who in 3 years will Walk the Plank.
Your comprehension skills are lacking, find a good tutor..

Unless Ruiz, Mas, and other big hitters change their mind and decide Mario ain't the guy, we've got him for at least the lion's share of the 10-year deal. Not saying sit back and take it, but settle in...good or bad, he's here for a while.

This Power Spread stuff is as bad as Enos' "Spread Coast" BS. I like that we can run the football effectively now (unlike under Lashlee), but we have to get more creative in the passing game and give our QBs/WRs easier reads to get the ball out more quickly. When you make it to the league, learn a more complicated system. In college, do what works for your team/personnel to put points on the board. That's my thought on it anyways.

As for picking TVD as the starter again...I think it's a bad choice. It's the first major choice of Mario's that I can honestly say I'm 100% opposed to so far...so it'd better ******* work. If not, it may end up being one of those things we point to when change comes his way on down the line if we end up not being successful and having to buy out his contract in part. For his sake and the continuity of moving the program forward, it had better work. If not, expect more days like the MTSU debacle.
We're averaging 0.1 ypc more than last year.

Advertisement
Look, you are entitled to your opinion, even though it is factually wrong.

But what I don't understand is that when you have DEMONSTRABLE PROOF, such as Paul Dee no longer being the AD and not being present at the SECOND interview, that you are still hanging onto your assertion about the FIRST interview as if you have proven a factual point.

You're just wrong. Why can't you admit it? What is so **** important about defending Mike Leach on this particular subject that compels you to lie and deny?
I don't care about opinions, yours or mine.
You & the Hash Slinger are just besmirching a mans reputation, no verifiable facts, pictures, nothing.
And as i ride off into the sunset, wheres that pesky ignore button?.

I'm talking about 2006, Miami went with Onion.
Did not mention Mario, who in 3 years will Walk the Plank.
Your comprehension skills are lacking, find a good tutor..

You are a liar.

Your "like win" comment (which is what I questioned) was related to Leach. Nobody else. By your own words.

I totally believe it. Leech is a highly intelligent weirdo and that sounds exactly like something he would do, just to show he doesn’t give a Fuggg and will do things his way. He’s done and said way more wacky stuff than showing up for an interview in a costume
Something wacky? Like win?

My reading comprehension skills are still the same as when I took the SAT, the GRE, the GMAT, and the LSAT.

PERFECT SCORE.

I don't care about opinions, yours or mine.
You & the Hash Slinger are just besmirching a mans reputation, no verifiable facts, pictures, nothing.
And as i ride off into the sunset, wheres that pesky ignore button?
Lol at Hash Slinger....as I said...go get your portfolio and let's compare F-Boy...Let's compare what YOU own in life, to what I own. Sucks to be wrong...a real man (not a sniveling C*nt such as yourself) would admit he is wrong...especially to 2 people who forgot more about UM FB than you'll ever know in your lifetime....Lol at "Where's that Pesky ignore button"...I'd chk between your Boyfriends *** cheeks...

Advertisement
Back