MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
We lost to MTSU at home. Not a single person outside of your imagination is ****ed we’re not going undefeated and thrashing bama.
I'm embarrassed we lost to MTSU (the at home bit is irrelevant because we had like 30k ppl in the stands so gained no homefield advantage), but **** happens.

The knuckleheads we currently have on scholarship admitted they looked past MTSU - that nonsense will take time to fix and has plagued us for 20 years (when perhaps we were just so talented that we could half-**** it against teams and win).

Advertisement
If we don't have a championship quality staff and players, then I certainly hope we're rebuilding, because the only other options are stagnating or regressing.

You can point to 3 coaches that struggled in year 1 then had success? We can probably point to another 1,000 that didn't find success.

The Saban went 6-6 and lost to ULM takes are so played out.
For every Saban went 6-6 in year 1 story, there's 100+ Shannon went 5-7 in year 1 stories.

This year will be the same exact year as the past 20 years. Unfortunately Mario can't coach us out of this like he's paid to do. Literally everything is hinging on him being able to recruit at an elite level and out recruit the rest of the competition despite being in the most highly contested area in the country.

No biggie.

Spoiler: This is why I wanted Stoops over Mario. He can win with who he has and isn't dependent on absurd talent differentials.
This. Mario is not gonna outcoach most guys on gameday. It's usually the other way around, or a draw at best.

It feels like we are screwed unless 1. Mario consistently brings in top 5 classes and 2. Mario is not stubborn, realizes Gattis was a huge mistake, and hires a more dynamic OC. If either of those 2 things don't happen, I can only foresee modest improvement at best.

Advertisement
The Stoops thing is bizarre. Dudes claim that he doesn't need a talent gap, that he just wins.

But he doesn't.

He has many losses to unranked teams and typically gets blown out by ranked teams. He is just like everyone else. He needs the horses in order to win. If he was some kind of coaching savant he wouldn't be 63-54.

Saban went 6-6 or something like that his first year, dabo sucked for many years at Clemson, Kirby struggled early at Georgia.

Step away from the ledge and let the season play out

tenor (13).gif

Instead of laughing at the Saban and Swinney examples, can you guys point to the coaches who took over 7-5 programs and had them competing for the playoffs in year 1, and maintained that success over time?
My bad Mario, you're doing a wonderful job. MTSU does that to everyone, well except national powerhouses like JMU and UTSA

Advertisement
My bad Mario, you're doing a wonderful job. MTSU does that to everyone, well except national powerhouses like JMU and UTSA
Lame response, as usual. Can you provide any examples? Guys who went in and cleaned up right away?

Those guys can also include Kirby Smart in their list. Took over a 10-3, 10-3 team and immediately went 8-5. So the top three coaches in the sport, literally the top three, all struggled at the beginning.

Instead of laughing at the Saban and Swinney examples, can you guys point to the coaches who took over 7-5 programs and had them competing for the playoffs in year 1, and maintained that success over time?
Who the **** is asking for us to compete for a championship right now?

This strawman is so old and tired.

Advertisement
Mario's first Oregon team lost 4 games, including one to Arizona, who was 3-5 at the time and finished the year 5-7.

The next year they won the Rose Bowl. Let's let the season play out. We're 2-2, with one of the worst losses we can all remember. Put it in the rearview, and start winning games. Start improving. And most importantly, keep recruiting.

Advertisement
Back