MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Saban went 6-6 or something like that his first year, dabo sucked for many years at Clemson, Kirby struggled early at Georgia.

Step away from the ledge and let the season play out

Saban also took over a team that went 2-6 in the SEC. Even with the ULM loss on the road, he still managed to finish over .500 for the year. And in earlier in the season prior to the ULM game, Bama had a win over #16 Arkansas, a win over #20 Tennessee, and then two "moral victories" (to paraphrase the Cristo-bros) - a 3 pt OT loss to UGA, and 7 pt loss to #3 LSU. There was a 7 pt loss to #25 Auburn too. So Bama fans had a plausible reason to believe the team was on the right track.

Not only did Bama have multiple victories over ranked teams, their losses to the other ranked teams were by less than a TD. They started the season 3-0 including that win over #16 Arkansas before losing two UGA and FSU, both ranked teams by a combined total of 10 pts.

As much as I'd like to use that Bama season for inspiration, the reality is that Cristobal start to the season has been as big a failure as we've ever seen at a major program. Can't think of any other program that nearly had 50 dropped on them by a G5 AND lost by more than two TDs. I certainly hope it gets better, but there hasnt been a single positive thing to point to this season where we say, "Look, UM showed it has the capability of beating a quality opponent."

Its bad. Real bad.

Advertisement
Mario just needs to get someone off the Sean Mcvay/Kyle Shanahan coaching tree because thats clearly the offense Mario dreams of having. Quit messing around with these knockoffs like Gattis & Moorehead and just go get the real thing.

Where did I? I am saying decalring something unacceptable without any sort of consequence is futile.

Even the AD and the boosters understand they can’t just start firing people this early into the contracts they hold.

Seems to me like you're alluding to that I was?

As for declaring it unacceptable to see the start we have had, I have no delusion of what it means in the large scheme of things other than voicing my displeasure, disappointment, and opinion on here. So no futility factor to me

You can point to 3 coaches that struggled in year 1 then had success? We can probably point to another 1,000 that didn't find success.

The Saban went 6-6 and lost to ULM takes are so played out.

So 95% of coaches are failures then. Cool. Might as well just stop watching football then cause very few win championships ever!!!!

Advertisement
Realistically, we might have an opportunity to see how good Ponce is as an OC if Gattis shts the bed again.

Advertisement
Rebuiling? Nah, it's 2022, and we're Building Back Better!!

Oh,,, crap....

Can't wait to tell the grandkids about how Mario is a couple of years away from turning this around.

Advertisement
Even the AD and the boosters understand they can’t just start firing people this early into the contracts they hold.

Seems to me like you're alluding to that I was?

As for declaring it unacceptable to see the start we have had, I have no delusion of what it means in the large scheme of things other than voicing my displeasure, disappointment, and opinion on here. So no futility factor to me
Because the AD and Boosters are the only ones with the ability to enforce a consequence for something being unacceptable. The reality is the reality. Decalring something unnacceptible without recourse is just dillusion. Or you don’t understand the definition of unacceptable. What you are expressing is displeasure. Not that it is unacceptable.

I believe that Cribby told us last November that what the program needed was a complete douching, top to bottom. Not sure how that maps onto "rebuilding." But I'm pretty sure we're douching.

Advertisement
This year will be the same exact year as the past 20 years. Unfortunately Mario can't coach us out of this like he's paid to do. Literally everything is hinging on him being able to recruit at an elite level and out recruit the rest of the competition despite being in the most highly contested area in the country.

No biggie.

Spoiler: This is why I wanted Stoops over Mario. He can win with who he has and isn't dependent on absurd talent differentials.

Yep, going to be hard to get excited, honestly. We'll get a rumor of a name or two we actually like. It likely will be two names that are really not under consideration. The real list of people Mario is targeting will be a bunch of slow paced, complex offensive guys that fit his offensive philosophy. They may be better than Gattis, not saying much, but they'll still not be what we need in this day and age.

I'd love for Mario to finally change who he is and prove me wrong, but his moves at FIU, Oregon, and here with the hiring of Gattis show who he is.
1664754687925.png

Because the AD and Boosters are the only ones with the ability to enforce a consequence for something being unacceptable. The reality is the reality. Decalring something unnacceptible without recourse is just dillusion. Or you don’t understand the definition of unacceptable. What you are expressing is displeasure. Not that it is unacceptable.

Merriam Webster says otherwise it seems:

Definition of unacceptable

: not acceptable : not pleasing or welcome

Says nothing to the need to enforce a consequence due to finding something unacceptable.

At this point, we can agree to disagree. If you find that acceptable.

Advertisement
Back