Everyone should apologize to Perry

Advertisement
Go rewatch VT to see what his good nights look like , then go watch pitf to see bad. He can look elite one minute and god awful the next. Nothing he does surprises me , good or bad.
I don’t think he’s ever looked as good as he did last night. Correct me if I’m wrong. Felt like the lights turned on with him🤷‍♂️

I don’t think he’s ever looked as good as he did last night. Correct me if I’m wrong. Felt like the lights turned on with him🤷‍♂️
VT he looked like a god. I can’t remember stats but they were Unreal for a half. That’s under enos lol.

Perry did his job, he is an experienced backup, he should be able to hold down the fort. This loss isn't on him. This loss is on the defensive staff and Lashlee. Lashlee, for all the good things he does, obviously delegates too much to his position guys. There's no way in **** should Pope and Wiggins EVER play. How the F are they allowed to dress out? They are that bad.

Yes Perry looked good throwing
but...the fumble cost us...no matter
how its justified...that's on him.

Advertisement
Go rewatch VT to see what his good nights look like , then go watch pitf to see bad. He can look elite one minute and god awful the next. Nothing he does surprises me , good or bad.
That is putting in it context of an offensive scheme run by the worst OC in the Power 5. This was the first real look with Perry playing with the 1s in Lashlee's offense. 19 for 34 with a half dozen drops. He can be successful in this offense. At least with his height he can make the intermediate throws in the middle of the field.

He made throws last night, like the one to Pope at the end and the dime to Cam he couldn’t have made last year. His problem was always inconsistency and the inability to throw anything but a fastball. Whether that was more on Kosi or his coaching is TBD. But honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to a G5 school and threw for 3k yards next year.

If King isn’t ready to go, he’ll be the starter.
Even if Kosi plays well against Bama he’ll be a backup as soon as King is back. Kosi will probably stay local and transfer to FIU or FAU cause of his child. Only person that would convince him to stay is Lashlee.

Advertisement
but the way he played tonight was absolutely phenomenal. Got let down by his boys out wide, but my silver lining in this game is that he had this moment. He was aw
Totally let down, 19-34 should have easily been 24-34 about 150 more yards, and no ball was in danger of being picked. He played very well and should have had a better outcome, win by 7-10 points

Perry made the game entertaining and enjoyable. He fared much better than I thought he would.

Also, loved that the fans chanted his name as it became clear Perry will have to take over for King. It felt good to be among fellow optimists and “sunshine pumpers” that were more vocal than the doom and gloomers.

With that being said, we need wide receivers that can catch and a defensive coordinator that can coordinate a defense. 😔

As mentioned in the game day thread, Lashlee likes Perry and recruited him.

I might get some **** for this, but his deep ball placement last night was the best we have had all season. Too bad the WRs weren't up to the task.

We saw a matured signal caller out there seeing the game finally slowed down.

He also forced Lashlee to adjust his playcalling. Funny as it sounds, perry opens up the run a bit more bc defenses aren't worried about his scramble ability like Kings so theyre not hugging the line as much.

Don't get it twisted -- King is the superior qb and the best we've had in decades, but I'm okay with Perry starting against Bama. In fact I'd prefer it to Kings first-game back coming off of injury.

Advertisement
Kids a gamer. Plays the best to his abilities.

Cane legend in my book.
Not to hate on you but lets not get crazy with the cane legend thing hes had a few decent games mixed with equally as bad amount of games.anytime hes on the field im just hoping he doesn't do something stupid

The guy is a true Cane and is a talented backup. Our fans love to shhiit on our own players but he's more a cane then most fans.
Hopefully he comes back and should have a big role in our QB room.

No one "owes him an apology". He deserved the criticism when he got it. He was a starter in 2018 and was acting a fool on social media and was a highly immature kid.

To his credit he cleaned it up and has matured tremendously; which can also tend to happen when one becomes a young father (or they go the opposite and blow off the responsibility; he did the former, not the latter.)

Glad to see him step up into his role of QB2 and to have the passion he has for his role at the University of Miami—but the 2018 critique was more than warranted at the time. Don't try and rewrite history.

Not to hate on you but lets not get crazy with the cane legend thing hes had a few decent games mixed with equally as bad amount of games.anytime hes on the field im just hoping he doesn't do something stupid

Based on a society that literally calls every good player the "G.O.A.T."—not a shock that folks are throwing out phrases like "Cane legend" for a few big wins two years ago and a serviceable effort in another sad bowl loss.

Advertisement
He threw some absolute dimes last night, especially downfield. A shame that his awesome performance was ruined by Eff Wiggins, Mark Dope, and the OL having several breakdowns.

When Perry is on it's beautiful to see, the ball looks just right coming out of his hands and he just pushes the ball downfield at will, I really hoped he could have his farewell in a amazing comeback.
He has heart, seems like a good team mate and I like him, just not as QB1 for Miami. I'm not doing it again, , thanks for everything and good luck to him if he tranfers.

The guy is a true Cane and is a talented backup. Our fans love to shhiit on our own players but he's more a cane then most fans.
Hopefully he comes back and should have a big role in our QB room.
I feel like you should watch a couple of games from the past two seasons to remind yourself of the pain of watching him play.
I was admittedly a big fan, he’s got talent. But he’s a complete meathead. I’m not apologizing for anything. Sorry. He thinks he’s going to get the reigns post d’eriq and it shouldn’t happen.
Happy for him that he came in and made plays. heck watch his play against Clemson this year. He was brutal. This is a four win team with him at qb this year.

Advertisement
Back