Everyone Has A Dog In The Fight

Who Are You Putting Your Money On

• Jarren Williams

• Kosi Perry

• Tate Martell

Results are only viewable after voting.
I retract my statement about OP being the worst poster of the 2019 class, in fact I am going to upgrade the insult to praise for overcoming his obvious mental deficiencies to take part in this online community.

Advertisement
You literally quote it in every thread. It's clearly the only book you've ever read. I'm in class right now getting my masters degree, B. You're peddling a nonsense book that people read to make themselves feel smarter and more powerful.

Lmao I can just imagine you in public constantly thinking about which law you're going to be instituting that day.
I bought that book in college thinking it would be interesting and when I commissioned I never opened the book again.

i like how he included Castro in that group of wildly successful people. not the example you want to use esp in miami

Any man that works his way up the ladder to run a country is successful. America may view him as a dictator but there are some people in a whole country that looks at him as one of their greatest leaders.

Last edited:
Fidel as a "success" might be a toss up and since this is a Miami board, it might be of interest to discuss.

Fidel Castro's father was one of the wealthiest slave-owners in the world when he died. Fidel grew up on a plantation with over 400 Haitian slaves. Fidel and Raul both inherited close to what would be tens of millions of dollars today each when their father died and they kept the plantation running for years. They even grew it by confiscating everyone else's sugar farms and bringing in more Haitian slaves. Sugar prices also boomed in the 1950s and 1960s which led to Fidel's and Raul's rise to power. They would eventually run the plantation into the ground and the Cuban government took it over in the 1980s. That's bad. A dictator forfeited an asset to the state. A dictator should be taking assets from the state or at least holding on to their own assets. Furthermore, sugar exports didn't really decline until the 1990s. So the might have run their only real asset into the ground despite stable commodity prices.

After inheriting everything from his father, what would his net worth need to be when he died to be labeled successful? Should that be the question?

Fidel claimed that he was worth $900 Million, but we are finding out that he might be confused about the meaning of the word "net worth". Net worth means Assets less Liabilities. Books have been written about Fidel's wealth claiming he owned over 20 mansions and blah blah blah. But after his death we are finding out that those mansions and yachts were owned by the government of Cuba and Russian oligarchs. His children did not inherit one physical asset.

If you look at his children and family today (excluding Raul), no one lives anything close to a lavish lifestyle. Only his sister, Juanita, seems to have a comfortable life. She also started and sold a business in Miami to CVS pharmacy which would have most likely netted here a nice payout.

It could be easily argued that Fidel and Raul squandered their family fortune to become political puppets and life-long tenants to Russian oligarchs, leaving their children nothing.

PS: Fidel got Cuba out of Sugar exporting to get into dairy as he thought a self-sufficient dairy program would be a substitute for foreign trade. Dumb.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can someone explain to me how a guy who has a net worth of 4 million and has 0 actual power. Can then write a book on the 48 laws of power? LMAO. This is like a scrawny woman who never played or watched a game of football writing a book on how to play football.

Any man that works his way up the ladder to run a country is successful. America may view him as a dictator but there are some people in a whole country that looks at him as one of their greatest leaders.
Just when I thought your Douchebaggery couldn't ascend any further, Low & behold you pull this nugget of **** outta your ***....

Advertisement
So Qaddafi, Hussein, Chavez, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, all successful?

Just when I thought your Douchebaggery couldn't ascend any further, Low & behold you pull this nugget of **** outta your ***....
Don't beat yourself up over it @caneinorlando. Normal people are only able to stoop to douchebaggery levels that registers on common interval scales. The level of douchebaggery that he has achieved, is beyond quantitative measurement.

We are witnessing history right before our very eyes. I am surprised that he has not already been kidnapped by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.....I know that would love to do some independent research/testing on this phenomenal creature.

The statement I made is factual. If u feel some type of way about the truth then that's something u need to deal with yourself.

Advertisement
So Qaddafi, Hussein, Chavez, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, all successful?

Successful - having achieved popularity, profit, or distinction.

Yes all of those people were successful.

U must not know the difference between character and success.

Can someone explain to me how a guy who has a net worth of 4 million and has 0 actual power. Can then write a book on the 48 laws of power? LMAO. This is like a scrawny woman who never played or watched a game of football writing a book on how to play football.

I've never read his version of the book, I'll have to check that out.

by "works" u mean, lying, deceiving, extortion, bribing, murdering and the likes?

Advertisement
Anybody but Perry. No preference with Williams or Martell. Both have upside and intangibles. Just hope whoever is the leader of this pack is a clear-cut guy. Don't want any neck-and-neck crap like years past, where coaches don't feel confident about one guy being better than the others.

Perry lost me last season. Not a fan of his show and how he carries himself. Couldn't care less about his actual social media content—but just don't think his head is in it, and still blame him for not being ready in 2018—leaving Miami reliant on Rosier. Had Perry put in the work as a redshirt in 2017 and in the off-season, he'd have been last year's starter and the Canes might've lived up to the #8 preseason ranking.

Seems like a quarterback-type who relied on natural talent and chucking it around / scrambling when he needed to in high school. Prefer more of a student-of-the-game type who will work hard and grasp the playbook / make good decisions. Hopefully Williams and Martell are those guys.

Dude, this is coming from the guy who said you don't even need knowledge to form an opinion. Most people know the saying- “It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.” Pulling some **** out of your *** and framing it as an opinion while spewing it on a forum doesn't make it an opinion anyone cares about. It just makes you look stupid. @D RevLee I wonder why it even maters that Castro read the book? Dude was in power 40 years before the book was written. Seriously, why should I give a **** that Castro read the book? Who cares about 1.2 million people, that's not even a drop in the bucket when it comes to philosophy.

I didnt say u don't need knowledge to form an opinion. Webster Dictionary said that. Do your research before u mention me lil boy

Advertisement
Back