Everyone, Gather 'Round, Come And Reminisce

Advertisement
Golden's biggest fan

not yet
keep going
almost there...
FKLvPOC.gif

Advertisement
The year is 2010. Miami had just completed a 9-4 season. It is head coach Randy Shannon's 4th season.

It is November 20th. The Miami Hurricanes are ranked 24th in the country with a 7-3 record. Randy Shannon's overall record at Miami is 28-20. They have faced the 16th toughest schedule according to Jeff Sagarin's computer ratings. Their losses came at the hands of ranked Ohio St and FSU teams, and in a 5-point game on the road after their QB was knocked out of the contest.

It is an all out assault on the head coach. Fans everywhere are demanding Randy Shannon's head on a platter. Memes insulting his intelligence are being created. His character is under attack. A united front is underway. 99% of the fanbase is out for blood and wants him removed. They would've drug his body through the streets if they could've got their claws on him. He became public enemy number one.

Fast forward to today...

The year is 2014. Miami has just completed a 9-4 season. It is head coach Al Golden's 4th season.

It is November 17th. The Miami Hurricanes are unranked with a 6-4 record. Al Golden's overall record at Miami is 28-19. They have faced the 21st toughest schedule according to Jeff Sagarin's computer ratings. Their losses came at the hands of ranked FSU, GT, and Nebraska teams, and an unranked Louisville team.

Fans are celebrating a close defeat at home to Florida State. Comparisons to Miami's 1999 team are being made. Optimism is at an all time high. Many have begun claiming Al Golden is the next Butch Davis. Fans are excited at the progress Miami has made over its last 4 games -- a loss, and wins over a mid-major and two .500 teams. Orange ties are being put on babies. Pleated khaki sales are at an all time high. Home Depot can't keep pillars on the shelf. He is met with a hero's reception when he returns to town. Flowers are thrown at his feet as he is carried back to his office. "We love your beautiful white skin!" They shout. "Beautiful hair," they scream from below.

Congratulations, the most diverse fanbase in the country is secretly racist.

Sad to see the double standards that occur at a university that prides itself on progressive thinking and enlightened views. I'll let you grand wizards get back to the rally.

And we are predicted to go the Sun Bowl which is the same bowl as Randy.

Advertisement
Their overall records here - FACTS
Their record through 10 games in their 4th seasons - FACTS
Their strength of schedule - FACTS
The fans reaction to both - FACTS

Again, anyone on Canestime/Canesport/Shadow's board etc at the time will agree, the attitude towards the head coaches were polar opposites despite the similar situations.

If this makes you uncomfortable, embarrassed, or angry, blame yourself. Or the fan base.

See you keep bringing the fans the support Golden and assuming they are racist, which is lazy and stupid. I'll bring up those two fan base, one will always support the coach and will always be negative. Most of the people that want Golden fire went over to the WEZ and the fans that support Golden stayed here. Make a new profile and post a thread about your support for Golden. Let's see how fast you get blown up over there. Now I will also say this again: there maybe more support for Golden than Shannon because of recruiting and the NCCA b.s. A lot of fans see the cloud as something that was hurting the Canes. The other reason is recruiting. A lot of fans see the great recruits that are committed to Miami, they see a great future the Canes could have. This has nothing to do with race. There are a lot of fans that have pure hate for Golden.

And I almost forgot, another reason why Golden may have more support is there have been a lot of articles written in favors of Golden, especially during that 3 game win streak. Once again this has nothing to do with race, the race card is just lazy and stupid.

L
With Shannon, 99% of the fan base were lighting torches, now, they're lighting cigars.

Like I said I wasnt around here when Shannon was the coach, but I do know there were a lot of Shannon supporters. I remember on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Fannation etc Miami fans were supporting Shannon. I would say the same percentage of Shannon supporters and non supporters are about the same as to Goldens. You need to stop trolling people, you're a big name poster on here and your swaying the lesser minds with the whole race thing.

Like you said, you weren't around. It was a lynch mob on every Miami message board. You had a small faction of "he's not the one out there missing tackles" morons like you do now, but it was overwhelming the amount of vitriol and hate he received.

The larger part of the fans wanted him out at 7-3. After his 4th loss, that was it. It was all but unanimous.

I'm not trolling, I'm dead *** serious. To see the contrasting attitudes towards the coaches despite the comparable situations is alarming.
exactly

The highlighted portion can not be denied

All else being equal? How are these situations exactly the same? What If Golden has a lot more money guaranteed in his contract, where firing him would cost the school a lot more money than it would firing Shannon?
I'm really hoping you guys aren't being serious about playing the race angle, but I'm pretty sure some of you are.

This is what separates us from the current big boys of college football. Florida wouldn't have given two ****s if Muschamp was guaranteed $20 million in a buyout. Once they decided he wasn't the right guy for the job his *** was toast.

If we will not make the right decisions based solely on money then we will fall behind another rival yet again.

Florida has one of the top 5 biggest athletic programs in the country. We can't even come close to competing. Schools like Texas don't have to give a ****, because they don't have to worry about money, we do. Yes we can afford it once in a while, but it will set us back financially. It was a huge mistake to give Golden an extension so he's under contract for another 7 years or whatever stupid **** it is.

Advertisement
It was a ******* hornets nest after SHannon fell to 7-4, **** ANY OF YOU not calling for GOlden's head, and **** this racist admin.

Advertisement
Back