Every TOP !0 team in the country had nights like this

Ahem...How you doing, L'Ville?
440.gif

Advertisement
They had eleven days to prepare.

They were a desperate football team.

They were at home.

It was a night game.

Despite their record, there is NFL talent on that team.

Anyone who thought a close game was out of the question, was fooling themselves and shouldn't be taken seriously anyway.

Get the **** dub and worry about the style points later.

Zackly!!

Welp Louisville obviously didnt deserve it, they didnt even have a game like Miami did, they choked away a 28-7 lead.....smh

Thanks, Teddy

Advertisement
Just go back to 2001, one of the talented teams in college football history( not just Miami) had to squeak by BC and Vatech.

Tonight was bad, in many ways, that being said, they somehow found a way to win. That in itself( at this stage of development for the Golden Era) is huge

Learning how to win is invaluable.

It is, but THIS TEAM didn't walk into Happy Valley, and beat someone silly. I still think we win the coastal, but to compare this team to the 2001 team is not accurate.

Not the 2001 team. This team is more like the 1983 NC team, with two exceptions: We don't exactly have a Bernie Kosar and this team beat the gator instead of losing to them. If you don't think winning ugly on the road is a big thing, call some Loserville fans this morning and ask how playing well with really good QB at home but losing anyway feels. Please don't say how the 83 team was loaded with great players. Nobody knew that going into that game. ALL the great players were on the other team when the game started. I love this team and this ugly win on the road at night before the nation will serve it well. The game against the gator showed they know how to win when the other team makes mistakes. The NC game showed they can win when they are making the mistakes. Nov. 2 will tell us if we are NC material this year or not. I think the Hurricanes low out the fire at midfield and blow onto the ACCCG and beyond.

FINALLY!

Someone who knows some Canes history! I'm SO sick of hearing about " (way) back in 2001 . . . ). We lost to Florida our first game, had a redshirt freshman QB, and ended up going to the National Championship with a bunch of previously unknowns - and shocked the **** out of Nebraska.

From 1983-2002, I can't begin to describe how many games we were getting our asses kicked going into the fourth quarter. I would be SO furious - bunch of retards racking up penalties every other snap. How in **** do you consistently end up with third and twenty-something?

But we had confidence, and we'd just recock in the fourth, and kick some ***.

We are NOT there yet. Sticking my neck out, I'd say we were more like the '81 or '82 teams. We're getting there, but we aren't there yet.

Gatorhater, good post. From someone who apparently remembers. We'll see how this shakes out, but we gotta play lights out to do well against the rest of our schedule.

That is where the four fingers for the 4th quarter tradition began. Golden got it on page 218 of the PLAN,.

Advertisement
Back