Every Single Miami Hurricane Football Fan is Insane

I mean sort of a flawed logic as there are diehard fans of say, Kentucky Football ... or Mississippi State football ... or Georgia Tech football .... Nevada, Syracuse, Memphis, New Mexico, Arizona, Indiana, etc.

At least Miami fans have won big in the past—with nothing—and always had hope (even with all the pitfalls you mentioned) due to the talent in UM's backyard. There are other fan bases who show out for every game, have tricked out RVs, tailgate like maniacs and bleed their team's colors, to go 3-9 every year.

I have a good friend who is a Washington State grad. He still flies back to Pullman for a few games per year. He goes to see them on the road. He flies a Cougars flag in front of his house here in San Diego ... and the pay off is what, one good year with Gardner Minshew that will have to last him decades? Washington State has won the Pac-12 (Pac-10) twice since 1931 (1997, 2002). They lost the Apple Cup to Washington seven times in a row before last year and two of the last 12 tries dating back to 2002.

The Canes—even in the worse of seasons the past two decades—there's at least been a degree of hope. There are some program that are forever in the toilet and they still have their diehard alum.
But ur still krazy bc ur a Miami fan & ur still here so🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Here me out b4 y’all jump down my throat (PAUSE). Just being a fan in the last 15 or so years would’ve driven u krazy. The cheap administration, awful coaching, underachieving squads, Shalala, Blake James, & just losing. Then arguing amongst ourselves on message boards & arguing with other fan bases (mostly FSU & UF)! U have to be a krazy MF to endure all that & still be a fan! Anyone would’ve lost their minds by now & we still come to this board everyday (PAUSE) buy merchandise, attend games, attend Tailgates, watch on TV until the last second, don’t make me get started on the Gameday Discussion Thread! So if u think u aren’t Krazy or better yet INSANE… ur lyin to urself! Go Canes

Maybe almost.

I still have intermittent, brief, moments of lucidity. A few times a year . . .

Go Canes!

What hurt me is being called a mope when you didn't buy the delusion being sold by El Foldo and Manuelito. Football is cyclical, Ohio St, Bama, USC, Texas, LSU, UGA, Clemson. Every single one of them have had long periods of irrelevance in recent memory. Enjoy the good moments. Less than 10 years ago FSU was on top of the world. Within 5 years they started a sequence of 4 consecutive losing seasons. A decade comes quick, then its 2 and you realize the recruits have never seen you be good in their lifetime. That goes for us, UF and USC and others. These 15 and 16 year olds have never seen any of them being good but we were banging at the start of the century. Ima enjoy every step of this process, when you get past 30, life hits different. Every moment becomes more precious. Don't make winning titles the only thing that excites you. Enjoy the Journey as well.

Advertisement
Here me out b4 y’all jump down my throat (PAUSE). Just being a fan in the last 15 or so years would’ve driven u krazy. The cheap administration, awful coaching, underachieving squads, Shalala, Blake James, & just losing. Then arguing amongst ourselves on message boards & arguing with other fan bases (mostly FSU & UF)! U have to be a krazy MF to endure all that & still be a fan! Anyone would’ve lost their minds by now & we still come to this board everyday (PAUSE) buy merchandise, attend games, attend Tailgates, watch on TV until the last second, don’t make me get started on the Gameday Discussion Thread! So if u think u aren’t Krazy or better yet INSANE… ur lyin to urself! Go Canes
OP yo say crazy or insane. I just say I am invested!

Not the ones old enough to remember when Miami didn't go 7-5 every year. We remember so well that we can't get peeled away. I don't know wtf anyone 25 or younger is doing rooting for Miami.

Now I know the root cause of all my problems and drinking. To think all that money spent on a shrink and this Ninja identifies my issue without me consulting him.

Advertisement
I can’t wait til we start winning again so we can say check the join date ***** to bandwagon fans lol 2014 for me. Talk about insane.

The last 15 years turned my hair gray.
The last 15 years first turned my hair grey/ effing white...

Now it's jumping off my lid like men swan diving into a pool of bikini models. It ain't right man.. And I am only 48.

Maybe Mario can get my balding *** at least more pep in my step. Feeling good about them Cane's.

Tupac Shakur Movie GIF

Advertisement
I’ve been an alum and fan for 52 years. Seen us from nothin to 5 championships to irrelevant. the most frustrating thing for me is that we were the epitome of excellence and then “by design” we became mediocre. Looking forward to the return of cane Football and hopefully another championship in my lifetime.

4B853776-BC87-4B2A-A6B9-276B514AE866.gif

We are all crazy for our Canes because we know greatness is not far away. So we kept taking it willingly.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
I’m so thankful that I was Blessed to have witnessed the Greatest College Football teams EVER assembled in history in the University of Miami.

I’ve arrived to every game’s hours early to absorb all I could in my memory banks . Than sit it the stadium in AWH as the PASSION builds .

Boys they’re may never be another kick *** ride again like what I’ve seen in the Orange Bowl.

It can never be taken away NEVER

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back