Every "expert" picks Nebraska...Thanks, Al

Reading this thread I would think Miami was playing at Iowa State, not Nebraska. Nebraska has won 9 or 10 games for 6 straight years, and is coming off a bowl win of UGA where they held Gurley to his worst average per carry of his career IIRC.

Golden is in a can't win situation with the CIS'es. If he wins they say he was supposed to, if he loses, it's a terrible loss. Nebraska has talent, they may have the best offensive player in the Big 10, and the best defensive player in the Big 10. Gregory is the highest projected pick playin in the game.

I hear posters saying we have all this talent, yet I look at multiple 2015 draft sites that have all of 2 Miami players in the top 75 picks. Meanwhile a team like FSU has like 8. I think our talent is getting better no doubt, but we are still relying on freshman in key positions, and some unfortunate situations have hurt our talent and depth especially on defense. We still are playing in front of 90,000 with a true freshman QB on the road, that's why most people aren't picking Miami.

I swear, 3 years later, the excuses are still the same.

Don't confuse facts with excuses big dog.

Dwinstitles-I'm not saying we don't have more overall talent, but their top 2 players are extremely good, and may just be the best in the Big 10, and they also have a veteran dual threat QB that has played in their system.

Gfer, I said they handled Gurley about as well as anyone in his entire career, that is a fact. That UGA team is mostly the same UGA team now in terms of personel minus a few players.

Nobody is saying we're going to roll over Nebraska and if we don't roll Nebraska, there will be **** to pay. I think everyone here is smart enough to know we aren't blowing these guys out. What we want to see is a competitive team competing for 4 quarters and hopefully winning. Unfortunately, Al has laid an egg in every big road game in his career here. If we lay an egg against Nebraska, it says much more about our staff than it doees about Nebraska.

Al's big road games-Kstate 12, Notre Dame 12, FSU 13? Are those the 3? Because ol Al waltzed in those buildings against far superior opponents. 2 of those played for a NC, 1 won it, and the other played in a BCS game. Nick Saban wasn't winning against those 3 teams with Miami's roster. Earl Moore played a TON of snaps in those road 2012 games. Guy can't sniff the field now as a junior. Duke was our best player, and he was a 189 pound true freshman. If you want to count LVille, I wasn't happy either about Louisville, because the game was right there in the 2nd half for us at 14-13, when we should have been up by more. We were the more sloppy team on the road with a true freshman at the most important position on the field, which isn't a surprise.

Advertisement
And these picks matter why?

I suppose the answer might be perception, but that will take care of itself depending on the results.

Well, the picks themselves obviously don't matter. But you could have said - and probably did - the same thing going into Louisville. As it turns out, the prognosticators accurately predicted that we would lose that game. All indications are they'll be right again this week.

Let's hope we jump out early on them. I remember the Notre Dame game two years Ago when Dorsett dropped two touchdowns in the first quater alone. Could've been a whole different ball game. With veterans all around KAAYA let's see what happen.

The end result in that game would not have been different had Dorsett made those catches. They absolutely dominated us on both sides of the line. Those scores would have been window dressing that would have made the game appear a little closer. Irrespective of those two plays, we were completely outmatched in that game.

So 4 years in, and 32 people who cover college football for a living have us losing. 0 have us winning.

Looking good.

This is where you should bet the money line on Miami. It's makes too much sense to bet Nebraska that you should do what no one else thinks will happen. Usually works that way when I bet.

My point wise pick sheet I get every week which is usually pretty solid has Nebraska winning 38-20.

Advertisement
Let's hope we jump out early on them. I remember the Notre Dame game two years Ago when Dorsett dropped two touchdowns in the first quater alone. Could've been a whole different ball game. With veterans all around KAAYA let's see what happen.

The end result in that game would not have been different had Dorsett made those catches. They absolutely dominated us on both sides of the line. Those scores would have been window dressing that would have made the game appear a little closer. Irrespective of those two plays, we were completely outmatched in that game.

Completely disagree, ND was allowed to dictate everything because they were playing with a lead. Might they have still won, probably, but it would have been a completely different ballgame had those plays hit.

EVERYTHING points to a Nebraska blowout. In 4 years, Golden has never competed with similarly talented team, especially not on the road. Blowout.

Game Recap:

Questionable Play calling from Coley
OL doesn't open up holes for Run game
too many 3rd and longs
We Convert 1 of 11 3rd downs
Defense is on the field too long
Abdullah has a big came catching the ball in the slot with LB's continually trying to cover him on an island
Al's Comments " Just too many mistakes. It all starts with me. We need to leave this game in Nebraska and not let it affect the rest of our season"

-The End

Completely disagree, ND was allowed to dictate everything because they were playing with a lead. Might they have still won, probably, but it would have been a completely different ballgame had those plays hit.

Both of those drops were on the first series. We couldn't have both of them. Face it, ND crushed us. It was complete and humiliating.

Advertisement

Both of those drops were on the first series. We couldn't have both of them. Face it, ND crushed us. It was complete and humiliating.

Dudes like to re-write history. ND humiliated and thoroughly crushed us in that game. Didn't they have a streak there where they ran it 17 times in a row and just ran it down our throats? They were blowing us 5 yards off the ball on every running play, and their TE was manhandling our DE by himself on running plays. They could have named the score in the 2nd half, but Kelly just ran the same running play over and over trying to run out the clock.

Those drops did nothing but take a TD off the board for us. They took that deep ball away from us after the first 2 series, and that was all we had.

Who cares what those "experts" say. Recruiting is going good, Kaaya is learning fast, our defense just may be improved, Coley may be getting out of the offense's way and we have a better man at the helm than what UF and FSU have. Let's see what happens on Saturday.

brace for impact.jpg

What? Muschump, as bad as he his, PWNs Golden in recruiting, and will have a better record this year. Jimbo PWNs Golden in every aspect of coaching.

Crazy talk. Recruiting is NOT going well. Cronkite is just the first of many who will jump ship as this season plays out.

Abdullah will be in the Heisman Top 5 after this game. I could see three + scores, rushing, receiving and a return.

Advertisement
Your the one missing the point. I know Fresno sucks but that's their most recent game and they beat Fresno like they are supposed to, therefore that's a more indication of what they are now, instead of the McNesste St game. And u pointing out who played who and who beat who is making my point exactly. It means nothing when two teams matchup. Not only are we matching up talent, we are matching up coaching, and those inferior teams have shown to give teams harder games than we have and that's not talent, it's inept coaching. ...which we still have

And, you're still missing the point. It's flying right over your head. I don't care who NU beat on Saturday. How many times does this need to be spelled out for you. THEY.ARE.NOT.GOOD. They are not good, and we're still going to get our **** pushed in, because our coaching staff is an abomination.
At no point did I say they were good. I merely point to people saying they struggled with a FCS team, and I drew parallels to K St Struggling with a FCS opponents before dropping 50 on us. It's right there in the quotes u made. But fine we agree our staff suck ***

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think NU is very good. I'll leave out their game with McNeese if you like.
I know Nebraska is not good. I know that. Go player for player and we should be them by at least 10 points. Our staff doesn't just make other teams equal to us they bring all the other way. We have the players to be a fringe top 15-25 team. I have no doubt....talent. More depth and we would be a top 15 team easily, and a special player or two from being right there with FSU.

Great, so we just argued with each other for 2 pages, to realize we actually agreed with each other. *******, Golden.

Advertisement
EVERYTHING points to a Nebraska blowout. In 4 years, Golden has never competed with similarly talented team, especially not on the road. Blowout.

Do you actually believe this?

Compete with similiar talent teams? So the last 2 NFL drafts we had 5 players total chosen, none higher than 3rd round, and one was a kicker.

His first year he had some spotty talent like Miller, Benjamin, Spence, and Vernon, but Vernon was suspended half the season. He won at UNC that year when UNC was a more talented team. They had Gio Bernard, Jonathan Cooper, Dwight Jones, Zach Brown, Quinton Coples, Kareem Martin, Sylvester Williams, Tre Boston, etc...

He lost by 5 at FSU in 2011 to a more talented team. He "competed" though. Florida was a more talented team last year as they were fully healthy for the most part when we played them. So your statement just isn't factual. Golden isn't a great game day coach, he may be loyal to a fault with his players and assitants, but some stuff posted around here just isn't factual.

Advertisement
Back