Even worse than our season is Florida's

SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium
They are 6-6, with 3 of their win coming over Furman, UAB, and FAU, and the other three over Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Tennessee.

Wow....

Advertisement
And they let FSU score 21 points on them with even though they only had 95 yards of offense and 85 yards in penalties.

FAU at 1-10, but at least Schnelly won the last one and his last game.

How do you figure? The season has been a disaster for sure but four of the losses are to teams that are 12-0, 11-1, 10-2, and 10-2. The Auburn and FSU losses are inexcusable, Auburn too really. That team keeps shooting themselves in the foot with dumbass turnovers, we're -10 on the year.

Even still, its not all bad. Our defense is 17th in the country starting 3 true freshman and 5 true sophomores. If they had any offensive help they'd probably be better. I expect them to be elite next year on defense. But that offense is hot garbage. Weis is proving more and more to me he's simply not a college coach.

Advertisement
Lol at a homer's way of thinking:

First Spike points out this simple truth:
3 of their win coming over Furman, UAB, and FAU, and the other three over Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Tennessee

Then Killa rebuts with:
he season has been a disaster for sure but four of the losses are to teams that are 12-0, 11-1, 10-2, and 10-2...

Even still, its not all bad.

I'm a Miami fan, but I can recognize we've got serious problems all around. I think the Gators are in just as bad a situation...maybe even worse.

And they let FSU score 21 points on them with even though they only had 95 yards of offense and 85 yards in penalties.

So, FSU had 10 positive yards the whole game, and beat them 21-7?

claude, have mercy

Lol at a homer's way of thinking:

First Spike points out this simple truth:
3 of their win coming over Furman, UAB, and FAU, and the other three over Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Tennessee

Then Killa rebuts with:
he season has been a disaster for sure but four of the losses are to teams that are 12-0, 11-1, 10-2, and 10-2...

Even still, its not all bad.

I'm a Miami fan, but I can recognize we've got serious problems all around. I think the Gators are in just as bad a situation...maybe even worse.

I hate losing any game but its a bit more tolerable when you're losing to good teams. We haven't beat anyone worth a **** but the majority of our losses are to high caliber teams. Not happy but it could be worse. USC and UGA are 10-2 and we played them both to the end with a half a QB. Just some perspective...

Advertisement
Take away Tom Brady, and Charlie Weis has done nothing in his career except suck.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, I don't think UF's season was worse than ours. They didn't lose to a garbage 2-10 team or a 4-8 trash BC team. Miami clearly lost 3 games due to coaching blunders (maryland, k-state, virginia) Not sure how many games UF lost due to coaching but it was less than that.

can't blame a game like VT on coaching when you have guys like Armstrong getting beat deep and other player mistakes.

Epic fail # 1- was Foley hiring Muschamp. Miami fans learned this lesson the hard way. You don't hire a coordinator unless he comes from the pros. Hiring a guy with no head coaching experience to take over for Meyer was a bad move and will prove to be disastrous for the program. UF should not be in the business of having head coaches cut their teeth at their program. That being said, I hope they give him the Chris Rix extension and let him coach for eternity.

As far as next coach at UF because Muschamp won't survive this, I would predict Malzahn in a few years. Peterson isn't going there, and Patterson isn't their style of coach. I don't see any other guy on the horizon that really is that interesting. IMO, Malzahn, after learning how to be a head coach in his home state for a few years, will go to UF and bring that high-octane offense back to UF. By that time, Malzahn will have done quite well, possibly even won a few Sun Belts along the way, and will be almost Meyer-ish in his move up the ladder.

Golden, by that time, should have Miami humming by then, so it won't matter who the **** Florida hires.

Epic fail # 1- was Foley hiring Muschamp. Miami fans learned this lesson the hard way. You don't hire a coordinator unless he comes from the pros. Hiring a guy with no head coaching experience to take over for Meyer was a bad move and will prove to be disastrous for the program. UF should not be in the business of having head coaches cut their teeth at their program. That being said, I hope they give him the Chris Rix extension and let him coach for eternity.

As far as next coach at UF because Muschamp won't survive this, I would predict Malzahn in a few years. Peterson isn't going there, and Patterson isn't their style of coach. I don't see any other guy on the horizon that really is that interesting. IMO, Malzahn, after learning how to be a head coach in his home state for a few years, will go to UF and bring that high-octane offense back to UF. By that time, Malzahn will have done quite well, possibly even won a few Sun Belts along the way, and will be almost Meyer-ish in his move up the ladder.

Golden, by that time, should have Miami humming by then, so it won't matter who the **** Florida hires.

Excellent summary! BTW, the richest program in the country, bar none, is Texas. They can have anyone they want. Knowing that Mack Brown was going to retire, do you really think they would have allowed Muschamp to go if they thought highly of him?

Honestly, I don't think UF's season was worse than ours. They didn't lose to a garbage 2-10 team or a 4-8 trash BC team. Miami clearly lost 3 games due to coaching blunders (maryland, k-state, virginia) Not sure how many games UF lost due to coaching but it was less than that.

can't blame a game like VT on coaching when you have guys like Armstrong getting beat deep and other player mistakes.

Haha. That made me laugh. If you don't know how many UF lost due to coaching, how are you sure it was less than 3? What if it was 5? That really made me laugh.

Advertisement
Back