Even worse than our season is Florida's

Epic fail # 1- was Foley hiring Muschamp. Miami fans learned this lesson the hard way. You don't hire a coordinator unless he comes from the pros. Hiring a guy with no head coaching experience to take over for Meyer was a bad move and will prove to be disastrous for the program. UF should not be in the business of having head coaches cut their teeth at their program. That being said, I hope they give him the Chris Rix extension and let him coach for eternity.

As far as next coach at UF because Muschamp won't survive this, I would predict Malzahn in a few years. Peterson isn't going there, and Patterson isn't their style of coach. I don't see any other guy on the horizon that really is that interesting. IMO, Malzahn, after learning how to be a head coach in his home state for a few years, will go to UF and bring that high-octane offense back to UF. By that time, Malzahn will have done quite well, possibly even won a few Sun Belts along the way, and will be almost Meyer-ish in his move up the ladder.

Golden, by that time, should have Miami humming by then, so it won't matter who the **** Florida hires.

I hated it but I'm sort of thinking it was calculated. The ol saying is you want to be the guy that follows the guy. UF was going to have a tough time getting a top guy to follow Meyer's act. So he goes out and hires a young guy known for his recruiting. If it works out, you get a guy for the next decade. If it doesn't, the roster is stacked for the next coach primed to take over. Much like hiring Zook after Spurrier bolted.

Advertisement
Epic fail # 1- was Foley hiring Muschamp. Miami fans learned this lesson the hard way. You don't hire a coordinator unless he comes from the pros. Hiring a guy with no head coaching experience to take over for Meyer was a bad move and will prove to be disastrous for the program. UF should not be in the business of having head coaches cut their teeth at their program. That being said, I hope they give him the Chris Rix extension and let him coach for eternity.

As far as next coach at UF because Muschamp won't survive this, I would predict Malzahn in a few years. Peterson isn't going there, and Patterson isn't their style of coach. I don't see any other guy on the horizon that really is that interesting. IMO, Malzahn, after learning how to be a head coach in his home state for a few years, will go to UF and bring that high-octane offense back to UF. By that time, Malzahn will have done quite well, possibly even won a few Sun Belts along the way, and will be almost Meyer-ish in his move up the ladder.

Golden, by that time, should have Miami humming by then, so it won't matter who the **** Florida hires.

I hated it but I'm sort of thinking it was calculated. The ol saying is you want to be the guy that follows the guy. UF was going to have a tough time getting a top guy to follow Meyer's act. So he goes out and hires a young guy known for his recruiting. If it works out, you get a guy for the next decade. If it doesn't, the roster is stacked for the next coach primed to take over. Much like hiring Zook after Spurrier bolted.

known for recruiting at TEXAS....a place that recruits ITSELF...and they dnt even venture out of their state to recruit guys......you guys got sold a dream with Muschamp......lol...just looking at him he looks like a clown....dude seriously looks like an even dumber jimbo fisher....who also's a clown.

known for recruiting at TEXAS....a place that recruits ITSELF...and they dnt even venture out of their state to recruit guys..( matter of fact they have guys lined up to commit as freshmans in high school)......you guys got sold a dream with Muschamp......lol...just looking at him he looks like a clown....dude seriously looks like an even dumber jimbo fisher....who also's a clown.

Honestly, I don't think UF's season was worse than ours. They didn't lose to a garbage 2-10 team or a 4-8 trash BC team. Miami clearly lost 3 games due to coaching blunders (maryland, k-state, virginia) Not sure how many games UF lost due to coaching but it was less than that.

can't blame a game like VT on coaching when you have guys like Armstrong getting beat deep and other player mistakes.

Haha. That made me laugh. If you don't know how many UF lost due to coaching, how are you sure it was less than 3? What if it was 5? That really made me laugh.

I watched 4 of the losses. Didn't watch the whole FSU and UGA games. I didn't see any coaching blunders in the 4 losses I saw that would overertly cause them to lose the game the same way Miami coaches cheezed away the k-state, maryland and virginia games.

Made me laugh for a different reason.

Fairly well documented that UM was down 7 or 8 STARTERS for Maryland. This UM team had NO DEPTH even with those guys available. The D was so bad they trotted out converted RB's and Wake rejects as starters. And that is this staff's fault? And by the time Va. rolled UM, that UM was just plain worn out. Coaching?

Also, it is illogical to let the staff off the hook on the VT debacle because Ray-Ray blew it, but then claim Maryland was a coaching issue. It is similarly illogical to blame the claim the Ray-Ray excuse against VT, but ignore the lousy execution of the whole offense on the 1-yard line against K-state.

I think that after what UM went through in August it was fuggin miracle they were in any games. They were shell-shocked and easily could have tanked the whole season, instead of just against BC.

Not one of your better efforts Nites.
Honestly, I don't think UF's season was worse than ours. They didn't lose to a garbage 2-10 team or a 4-8 trash BC team. Miami clearly lost 3 games due to coaching blunders (maryland, k-state, virginia) Not sure how many games UF lost due to coaching but it was less than that.

can't blame a game like VT on coaching when you have guys like Armstrong getting beat deep and other player mistakes.

Haha. That made me laugh. If you don't know how many UF lost due to coaching, how are you sure it was less than 3? What if it was 5? That really made me laugh.

Advertisement
Made me laugh for a different reason.

Fairly well documented that UM was down 7 or 8 STARTERS for Maryland. This UM team had NO DEPTH even with those guys available. The D was so bad they trotted out converted RB's and Wake rejects as starters. And that is this staff's fault? And by the time Va. rolled UM, that UM was just plain worn out. Coaching?

Also, it is illogical to let the staff off the hook on the VT debacle because Ray-Ray blew it, but then claim Maryland was a coaching issue. It is similarly illogical to blame the claim the Ray-Ray excuse against VT, but ignore the lousy execution of the whole offense on the 1-yard line against K-state.

I think that after what UM went through in August it was fuggin miracle they were in any games. They were shell-shocked and easily could have tanked the whole season, instead of just against BC.

Not one of your better efforts Nites.

It only appears illogical if you only look at the text on the surface.

It's not Marcus Robinson's fault that he was told to cover a rb 35 yards down field and the only reason it wasn't a TD was b/c the RB dropped the pass....It's not our db's fault our DC had them playing 10-15 and bailing agaisnt pathetic maryland wr's all game and getting hit with wr screens for an entire half.....it's not our de's fault they were told to pinch giving the opposition the dges and making marylands QB look like Vick.

Having or letting Gaines cover a RB on the edge in space with no help over the top is a coaching blunder. That is not on the player. Ray Lewis couldn't cover that kid. There's a reason why you RARLY, if ever, see a MLB in a 4-3 covering a wr/db in space with no S help deep. This is much different than Armstrong getting over late vs Va Tech. That's on the player not the coach. There's a difference.

Every game I mentioned had coaching blunders of this sort. rather you understand them or not is another issue.

Nites, your argument is that Golden cost UM three games. I disagree, not because Golden is perfect or because he did not make mistakes, or even the very mistakes you allege, but because you chose the wrong games as examples. In at least two of the games you used I'd argue it was lack of execution that lost the games, not Golden.

Let's look at the two. 1. MARYLAND: 9 players, 7 starters, 5 on D, the 2 most important on team SUSPENDED and UM still led with 4 mins to go. UM had 10 penalties, 3 horrific, critical drops, several overthrown wide-open receivers, and McGee gave up a 52-yard TD. Half the fuggin team was suspended and you hang it all on Golden because of a DE converted to LB out of sheer desperation who otherwise would not have been on the field? No way. SUSPENSIONS, A COMPLETE LACK OF DEPTH and poor EXECUTION cost UM that game, not Golden. If the full squad is there and they stick to the season avg. on penalties, and play like they did the next week when most were back, UM wins by 14 and Robinson plays DE.

2. K-STATE, which apparently no longer is part of your argument: Four drops, countless missed tackles, COUNTLESS WHIFFED BLOCKS, two CRITICAL first quarter penalties on the K-State 17 yard line (Figs/Feliciano false starts) so UM had to take a FG and 8 tries from inside the 5, with a dropped pass for the win? Lack of EXECUTION cost UM that game.

Critically, from a consistency and logic perspective, if its not on Golden when Ray Ray did not execute his assignment vs. VT, it is not on Golden when the OL did not execute vs. K-State. Similarly, if its not on Golden when Ray Ray did not execute his assignment vs. VT, it is not on Golden when half the team stayed home vs. Maryland and the half that did show up did not execute. And in both cases, the lack of simple execution cost UM the game more than anything Golden did.

I'm just sayin.

Made me laugh for a different reason. Fairly well documented that UM was down 7 or 8 STARTERS for Maryland. This UM team had NO DEPTH even with those guys available. The D was so bad they trotted out converted RB's and Wake rejects as starters. And that is this staff's fault? And by the time Va. rolled UM, that UM was just plain worn out. Coaching? Also, it is illogical to let the staff off the hook on the VT debacle because Ray-Ray blew it, but then claim Maryland was a coaching issue. It is similarly illogical to blame the claim the Ray-Ray excuse against VT, but ignore the lousy execution of the whole offense on the 1-yard line against K-state. I think that after what UM went through in August it was fuggin miracle they were in any games. They were shell-shocked and easily could have tanked the whole season, instead of just against BC. Not one of your better efforts Nites.
Honestly, I don't think UF's season was worse than ours. They didn't lose to a garbage 2-10 team or a 4-8 trash BC team. Miami clearly lost 3 games due to coaching blunders (maryland, k-state, virginia) Not sure how many games UF lost due to coaching but it was less than that. can't blame a game like VT on coaching when you have guys like Armstrong getting beat deep and other player mistakes.
It only appears illogical if you only look at the text on the surface. It's not Marcus Robinson's fault that he was told to cover a rb 35 yards down field and the only reason it wasn't a TD was b/c the RB dropped the pass....It's not our db's fault our DC had them playing 10-15 and bailing agaisnt pathetic maryland wr's all game and getting hit with wr screens for an entire half.....it's not our de's fault they were told to pinch giving the opposition the dges and making marylands QB look like Vick. Having or letting Gaines cover a RB on the edge in space with no help over the top is a coaching blunder. That is not on the player. Ray Lewis couldn't cover that kid. There's a reason why you RARLY, if ever, see a MLB in a 4-3 covering a wr/db in space with no S help deep. This is much different than Armstrong getting over late vs Va Tech. That's on the player not the coach. There's a difference. Every game I mentioned had coaching blunders of this sort. rather you understand them or not is another issue.

Let's look at the two. 1. MARYLAND: 9 players, 7 starters, 5 on D, the 2 most important on team SUSPENDED and UM still led with 4 mins to go. UM had 10 penalties, 3 horrific, critical drops, several overthrown wide-open receivers, and McGee gave up a 52-yard TD. Half the fuggin team was suspended and you hang it all on Golden because of a DE converted to LB out of sheer desperation who otherwise would not have been on the field? No way. SUSPENSIONS, A COMPLETE LACK OF DEPTH and poor EXECUTION cost UM that game, not Golden. If the full squad is there and they stick to the season avg. on penalties, and play like they did the next week when most were back, UM wins by 14 and Robinson plays DE.

The suspensions excuse flies out the window when you're talking about a 2-10 team. Boston College starter 2 true frosh DT's, a true frosh wlb, a true SS and 2 true frosh cb's say big mins and they still beat maryland. Morris beat abetter maryland last year as a starter and the suspeneded had nothing to do with Mike James fumbling and maryland returning it for 6. Robinson played LB all year so your made up notion about him playing DE is false. How many drops and wide open WR's did maryland miss?
Even with the suspended player Miami still loses b/c of an inept defensive game plan/play calling and several coaching blunders. Miami also played a huge amount of player on D so your depth excuse flies out the window and that also shows the coaches weren't to fmilier with personel, another coaching blunder.

2. K-STATE, which apparently no longer is part of your argument: Four drops, countless missed tackles, COUNTLESS WHIFFED BLOCKS, two CRITICAL first quarter penalties on the K-State 17 yard line (Figs/Feliciano false starts) so UM had to take a FG and 8 tries from inside the 5, with a dropped pass for the win? Lack of EXECUTION cost UM that game.

I could easily blame the false starts on coaching since you want to credit the coaches with getting penalties down. Having your worse blocking TE in the game and running behind him in short yardgage situations is a coaching blunder. Calling a "stop qb snaek" defense with everyone lined up inside only to have the offense run an option for 30 yards on third and short is a coaching blunder. Again, k-state had dorpped passes and missed tackles so that evens out. K-state had less coaching blunders which is why they WON THE GAME.

Critically, from a consistency and logic perspective, if its not on Golden when Ray Ray did not execute his assignment vs. VT, it is not on Golden when the OL did not execute vs. K-State. Similarly, if its not on Golden when Ray Ray did not execute his assignment vs. VT, it is not on Golden when half the team stayed home vs. Maryland and the half that did show up did not execute. And in both cases, the lack of simple execution cost UM the game more than anything Golden did. I'm just sayin.

Clearly you don't understand the differnce between a coaching blunder/play call/ personel usuage and a player blowing an assignment. Having your worse blocking TE in the game AND CALLING A RUN PLAY BEHIND HIM IS A HUGE COACHING BLUNDER (misuse of personel). That's much different than Armstrong not getting over and helping mcgee over the top.

Some of you need to learn that just b/c something makes logical sense doesn't mean it makes football sense. Miami lost those 3 games due to serious coaching blunders.

Arguing with Nites. Won't make that mistake again.

The suspensions excuse flies out the window when you're talking about a 2-10 team. Boston College starter 2 true frosh DT's, a true frosh wlb, a true SS and 2 true frosh cb's say big mins and they still beat maryland. Morris beat abetter maryland last year as a starter and the suspeneded had nothing to do with Mike James fumbling and maryland returning it for 6. Robinson played LB all year so your made up notion about him playing DE is false. How many drops and wide open WR's did maryland miss?
Even with the suspended player Miami still loses b/c of an inept defensive game plan/play calling and several coaching blunders. Miami also played a huge amount of player on D so your depth excuse flies out the window and that also shows the coaches weren't to fmilier with personel, another coaching blunder.

I could easily blame the false starts on coaching since you want to credit the coaches with getting penalties down. Having your worse blocking TE in the game and running behind him in short yardgage situations is a coaching blunder. Calling a "stop qb snaek" defense with everyone lined up inside only to have the offense run an option for 30 yards on third and short is a coaching blunder. Again, k-state had dorpped passes and missed tackles so that evens out. K-state had less coaching blunders which is why they WON THE GAME.

Critically, from a consistency and logic perspective, if its not on Golden when Ray Ray did not execute his assignment vs. VT, it is not on Golden when the OL did not execute vs. K-State. Similarly, if its not on Golden when Ray Ray did not execute his assignment vs. VT, it is not on Golden when half the team stayed home vs. Maryland and the half that did show up did not execute. And in both cases, the lack of simple execution cost UM the game more than anything Golden did. I'm just sayin.

Clearly you don't understand the differnce between a coaching blunder/play call/ personel usuage and a player blowing an assignment. Having your worse blocking TE in the game AND CALLING A RUN PLAY BEHIND HIM IS A HUGE COACHING BLUNDER (misuse of personel). That's much different than Armstrong not getting over and helping mcgee over the top.

Some of you need to learn that just b/c something makes logical sense doesn't mean it makes football sense. Miami lost those 3 games due to serious coaching blunders.

Advertisement
FWIW, a friend who is in the football business, and thus pretty well versed in football matters, who is usually spot on, loves Golden and is lukewarm on Jimbo and Muschamp.

Advertisement
Back