Evan Shirreffs practice highlights

Advertisement
Hes not good cutt it out

He not good but some of those throws Rosier couldn't make. I honestly thought he couldn't get the ball down field more then 35 yards or that he could really run.

But honestly, I don't know if this is:

- Manny defense just getting craved again by a average QB
- Richt Sr./Jr. is poor at evaluating QBs
- or if Evan was just a better QB then we thought. (Still no excuse for getting your passes battled at the LOS)

IDC what anyone says.. Rosier can't make half of those throws. Again, I'm not gonna hype of Evan (who is gone) as if we'd be that much better though. These are just highlights.

I honestly wish you weren't a fan of this program

Just saw where we are blocking from all ACC schools and any opponents we play the next 2 years.

Thought Richt wa against blocking kids.

Get this bull chit outta my face! The ninja was weak and would never see the field here. He was apart of that old regime. Knock it off.

Advertisement
Just saw where we are blocking from all ACC schools and any opponents we play the next 2 years.

Thought Richt wa against blocking kids.

I don't recall him saying that, I think people just assumed. The only reason I can see to bother blocking him is just to set the precedent. Not wanting some future starter making a stink about being blocked from ACC teams because this kid wasn't. Personally, I'd tell the kid he can't go to anyone we have scheduled the next two years and wish him luck. I'll take my chances seeing him in the ACCCG playing for NC State or some sht.

Yea I agree about setting the precedent ...just thought I’d seen where he had come out against blocking kids when Eason was blocked.

Maybe not but I completely understand why he is doing it...like you said setting a prescedent

Lol

This is practice film against 2nd & 3rd team Defenses, that aren't allowed to actually hit him. Like on that 1st scramble play, that was actually a Sack by Trent, he absolutely beat the OT he just couldn't hit Shirreffs.

Look practice is nice, most QB's are supposed to look good in practice, it's the whole doing it in game thing that counts a little more.

No hate for Evan at all, just not about sit here & act like this means anything other than he can make a few throws from a clean pocket in practice.

Advertisement
kZXNk5.gif

Yea I agree about setting the precedent ...just thought I’d seen where he had come out against blocking kids when Eason was blocked.

Maybe not but I completely understand why he is doing it...like you said setting a prescedent
I’ll always disagree with Richt, or any other coach (or AD/conference), determining where a kid can go to school. Any transfer should be able to go anywhere without sitting out.

It’s a bad rule that needs to end.

Advertisement
I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.

I’ll always disagree with Richt, or any other coach (or AD/conference), determining where a kid can go to school. Any transfer should be able to go anywhere without sitting out.

So kids that know your playbook as deep as a QB would should be able to go to a team you play in conference next year? That's smart. When Evan committed here he was entrusted with the playbook. If he leaves, he shouldn't be able to use it against you on his next team

Advertisement
He looked like a walk on during games

Thank god Richt processed him

Ken Dorsey looked like crap when he was first thrown into the arena. What hurt Shirreffs was the fact he couldn't get any reps, because Rosier was too busy keeping games close so he couldn't get reps in garbage time. I believe had he gotten reps he could have done well.

I'll tell you, had this board seen these plays, they wouldn't have been dogging him so much. Noodle arm and not mobile? I think the guy just needed some playing time and he'd have been fine.

here's the thing...he still could not beat out the guy who was keeping games close. You have to defer to Richt's judgement and experience on this and he felt that Rosier was ultimately the guy. Sheriffs was given a fair shot to start and fell short. These highlights are just that. They only showcase the great plays and not the bad ones. They are game simulations, with limited contact, and not the real deal . And these are the same tapes of what the coaches used to evaluate their qbs. It still did not change their mind.

Shows nice touch on deep throws. Solid ball placement giving his receivers the chance to run after the catch more often than not. Better than expected quickness when he pulls the ball down. I think it's fair to say his arm strength is below average though. Doesn't really show the ability to throw the ball on a rope. But he shows awareness of this and uses his touch and accuracy to overcome. Granted, this a highlight film, 95% of which is in practice. But I agree that the few opportunities he was given in game situations did not set him up for success. Think he can be successful in the right offense, but he was not going to ever see meaningful minutes here. Wish him luck.

So kids that know your playbook as deep as a QB would should be able to go to a team you play in conference next year? That's smart. When Evan committed here he was entrusted with the playbook. If he leaves, he shouldn't be able to use it against you on his next team
This isn’t a valid argument - ever.

Two Georgia coaches were just hired by Tennessee. Who knows the playbook better, a random transfer -even a quarterback- or coordinators? And TN has to play GA every year; they also have to play AL. Don’t you think Pruitt understands Alabama’s playbook better than Hurts or any other player yet he took a job in conference. Don’t you think Smart understands Alabama schematically better than some kid? Coley, before working at Miami was on the offensive staff of in conference rival, FSU.

...it’s a crap excuse to control kids and shouldn’t be allowed.

Williams or Perry please. Whole of difference in talent of those two vs Rozier and Shirreffs. The latter two might look good in practice, but when it's live it's a different story. The sooner one of the young kids takes the reigns, the better for our program.

Advertisement
Back