Evan Neal

ST26

ST26
What is our stance with Evan Neal? 247 sports projects him to commit to Miami.

Advertisement
Richt will never have a hard time convincing the parents. Guy could sell rubbers to a group of nuns when it comes to the parents. Kid$ on the other hand

He is the key to the class and he will start from day 1 at LT. Anyone know his timeline? Would love to get him penciled in sooner rather than later.
I agree with everything you said except that he will start at LT from day one.

Some have projected him better at OG.

I still like him at tackle, but to just say he will take over the blindside from day one as a true Fr may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think he will take the spot eventually, but starting on the OLine as a true Fr is huge, starting at LT with a right handed QB as a true Fr is almost unheard of.

He may do it, but it will be more about us having no better options than him just taking the spot from an upper class men.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with everything you said except that he will start at LT from day one.

Some have projected him better at Gaurd.

I still like him at tackle, but to just say he will take over the blindside from day one as a true Fr may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think he will take the spot eventually, but starting on the OLine as a true Fr is huge, starting at LT with a right handed QB as a true Fr is almost unheard of.

He may do it, but it will be more about us having no better options than him just taking the spot from an upper class men.

He'd start on the line at guard this season if he could bypass his senior year at IMG and enroll at UM. That's how good he is and how poor the OL is.

IMO at worst he takes the Donaldson route. One year at guard, then he winds up as a tackle. But who starts at tackle in 2019? You've got Donaldson, and then George Brown, Herbert, Reed, Campbell. Certainly no one established there and you can see why they're selling him on the fact that he'd have a great chance to start immediately here. Might even be at tackle, who knows.

Advertisement
He'd start on the line at guard this season if he could bypass his senior year at IMG and enroll at UM. That's how good he is and how poor the OL is.

IMO at worst he takes the Donaldson route. One year at guard, then he winds up as a tackle. But who starts at tackle in 2019? You've got Donaldson, and then George Brown, Herbert, Reed, Campbell. Certainly no one established there and you can see why they're selling him on the fact that he'd have a great chance to start immediately here. Might even be at tackle, who knows.

Neal is the starting LT at IMG as he was last year too.

But if we get Wright and Neal, no way Neal will be a LT here. Wright is way more Athletic.

Advertisement
Neal is the starting LT at IMG as he was last year too.

But if we get Wright and Neal, no way Neal will be a LT here. Wright is way more Athletic.

I understand that, I wasn't saying anything about him in HS. I said he'd start here for Miami this fall if he could just get around that pesky having to play his senior year of HS thing. He's that good.

And sure, I agree on Wright as well, but that's like saying Jarren Williams will never start here if Justin Fields transfers in. That's about as likely as Darnell Wright coming to Miami. That being said, Neal will be groomed to be the LT here no later than 2020. And possibly in 2019.

Advertisement
Call me paranoid, but I'm always really wary of those kids that have been "on the verge" of committing for weeks/months... Neal, Ingraham, Zipperer - fish or cut bait, kids.

I understand that, I wasn't saying anything about him in HS. I said he'd start here for Miami this fall if he could just get around that pesky having to play his senior year of HS thing. He's that good.

And sure, I agree on Wright as well, but that's like saying Jarren Williams will never start here if Justin Fields transfers in. That's about as likely as Darnell Wright coming to Miami. That being said, Neal will be groomed to be the LT here no later than 2020. And possibly in 2019.

Never say Never on Wright. He will take an OV here.

Call me paranoid, but I'm always really wary of those kids that have been "on the verge" of committing for weeks/months... Neal, Ingraham, Zipperer - fish or cut bait, kids.
No one has said Zip is gonna commit anytime soon. He hasn’t been on the verge of commiting either. What they are saying is that if he were to commit today it would be us.

Advertisement
Back