Evaluating Manny DC to transitioning to HC

TBH, Manny made his own bed. His smack game in the offseason > performance inseason. But. . . this is a rebuild.
Thats my beef...along with NOT winning. He talk a good fuggin game but keep getting his *** handed to him. The gimmicky fake swag "join us or lose to us" mantra is straight ****. Reminds me of the Alf "are you kidding me" comment everyone here just nutted them selves over at the time.

Fact is the true mantra thus far should be "join us or go somewhere else and beat us"

Advertisement
TBH, Manny made his own bed. His smack game in the offseason > performance inseason. But. . . this is a rebuild.

Miami fans: We need a coach with swag!! Someone who understands Miami, who can connect with Miami kids. Midwest/northeast dudes won't do well here, we need a coach who embraces who we are!! Play fast!! Hit stick bust **** and TALK ****!!!!

Also Miami fans: Manny took a yacht to a booster function. He's a snake!!!

Never change, boys.

Miami fans: We need a coach with swag!! Someone who understands Miami, who can connect with Miami kids. Midwest/northeast dudes won't do well here, we need a coach who embraces who we are!! Play fast!! Hit stick bust **** and TALK ****!!!!

Never change, boys.
Man, I for one don't care if a coach is from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Seems to me our best coaches weren't from the area. Yeah, it's good to know there is an abundance of talent, and build relationships locally, but why the **** does someone have to be from here to do that?

Advertisement

Never change, boys.

i dont have an issue with manny hyping us up. thats his job in the offseason to build interest. hes been meh as a coach so far, which is undisputed. i do find it funny that NOW everyone hates the smack talk and the faux swag, but dont want guys who dont understand miami and its faux swag lifestyle.

Competing with CMU and GT until the last minute does not inspire hope for the future.
Competing with CMU and GT until the last minute does not inspire hope for the future.

absolutely not, but if we somehow win out, it will. 9 win first year given our issues across the board and how the first half went is a good spring board, at the very least, for recruits

absolutely not, but if we somehow win out, it will. 9 win first year given our issues across the board and how the first half went is a good spring board, at the very least, for recruits
Big if. I have not seen enough from this team to think they can win out. ****, I would be reasonably surprised at 7 wins.

Also, wins and losses don't always tell the whole story. Until we don't need luck to beat bad teams, we are not where we want to be.

Big if. I have not seen enough from this team to think they can win out. ****, I would be reasonably surprised at 7 wins.

Also, wins and losses don't always tell the whole story. Until we don't need luck to beat bad teams, we are not where we want to be.

i agree. im just stating best case scenario since there isnt a middle ground with anyone regarding manny. i do think this is an average team and i dont think we have enough talent in the key spots. we have great skill talent, but have a ton of bad evals across the trenches.

Advertisement
i dont have an issue with manny hyping us up. thats his job in the offseason to build interest. hes been meh as a coach so far, which is undisputed. i do find it funny that NOW everyone hates the smack talk and the faux swag, but dont want guys who dont understand miami and its faux swag lifestyle.

It's so ridiculously hypocritical.

They never learn man

So why have you posted 25k times here over the last 8 years?

Either you are the one who "never learns", or your life is incredibly empty, since you have nothing better to do than obsessively post about a team that is doomed to mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
So why have you posted 25k times here over the last 8 years?

Either you are the one who "never learns", or your life is incredibly empty, since you have nothing better to do than obsessively post about a team that is doomed to mediocrity for the foreseeable future.
Lol your right I’m a scorned female who keeps coming back to get her heart broken lol. I guess like I follow the Canes daily it’s the only team I root hard for and I want the best for. My life isn’t empty though got a great family top notch.........maybe sometimes I think I’ll disconnect with the canes when I have zero hope. I think part of me holds on to that one percent and yes I am a fool for it I admit it. **** and I post way to **** much lol....I think everyone here though is low key obsessed with the canes football team it’s why the forum is here.

Ambien port alert

It was well established that what Diaz Brought to the Miami defense over the last few years has been fantastic. He had the pulse of the players on the defense side of the ball and the results were there to verify it. The turnover chain was a great idea to change the focus of his defense into creating negative plays and turnovers. This works very well with him as defensive coordinator.

Many as a head coach has new challenges and responsibilities but still has the mentality of assessing what needs to be improved and fixing it. With the higher of Feely as their strength coach was to address the overall culture of the team and their effort. By all accounts feely has accomplish those goals with the players.

His next main goal was to change the culture of the QB room. Bringing in Enos is a solid candidate with experience to do so. Despite our record we now have at least two quarterbacks who are capable of winning.

The question now is will Diaz be able to make any changes to his first set of coaches to keep along with his vision for the new Miami been cutting edge and dynamic.

On the field we have seen teams that have competed to the last play. Unfortunately we have fallen short on many of those games. But the fight is there and that is an improvement from what we saw last year. So while the execution Has not given us a position to win these games, his philosophy of toughness and unity is being established. What we will find out for the rest of the season is if everyone is Bought in or Is everyone going to keep looking out for themselves. I hope everyone is bought in to his vision and these pains that we experience now are just building the foundation for what the new Miami will look like the next 2 to 3 years. I think any wishful thinking that some coach will come in here and make us immediate playoff contenders is just blind fanaticism and not realistic..

So if we can beat Florida State and make a run on the rest of our season, I would feel completely confident that this Miami team is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next 2 to 3 years. If we drop one or two more games it is possible for the whole house of cards to fall down and we are left scratching our heads and scraping for whatever coach may show some interest.
Change your name or fight me! You’re killing my street cred with these terrible posts.

Never change, boys.
Walk the talk brother. All any of us want from our HC

Advertisement
Walk the talk brother. All any of us want from our HC

true, but expecting 11-1 in year 1 with no OL and a rookie HC is on us for being idiots. we havent won 11 games since 02, but we were expecting 11-1? i know im a fool in hoping for that considering everything.

true, but expecting 11-1 in year 1 with no OL and a rookie HC is on us for being idiots. we havent won 11 games since 02, but we were expecting 11-1? i know im a fool in hoping for that considering everything.
Nah. Not 11-1. 12-0 JK man. I was actual mildly hopeful follwing the UF game. My issue with this team is that we don't seem to be improving at a rate comparable to what I'd expect of a team on a weekly basis. Did we peak at UF kind of thing? IDK.

Absolutely gave Manny some slack, but again, he nutted too soon. His words were WAY beyond what we are producing this year. Eventually he backtracked into REBUILD. TBH, I would have rather him told us to be patient up front. Tell us he has a 3 year plan (whatever) to compete for ACC championships on a consistent basis. Tell us that in the meantime we should expect to see ____________ (fill in the blank(s)) from the team. (Aggresive, explosive, hard hitting, disciplined, etc type thing)

Nah. Not 11-1. 12-0 JK man. I was actual mildly hopeful follwing the UF game. My issue with this team is that we don't seem to be improving at a rate comparable to what I'd expect of a team on a weekly basis. Did we peak at UF kind of thing? IDK.

Absolutely gave Manny some slack, but again, he nutted too soon. His words were WAY beyond what we are producing this year. Eventually he backtracked into REBUILD. TBH, I would have rather him told us to be patient up front. Tell us he has a 3 year plan (whatever) to compete for ACC championships on a consistent basis. Tell us that in the meantime we should expect to see ____________ (fill in the blank(s)) from the team. (Aggresive, explosive, hard hitting, disciplined, etc type thing)

i do agree with you overall. the only thing ill say is personally, i dont give a **** what a coach says. they all lie to us regarding expectations (who the **** is gonna say were gonna lose and take our lumps when the onus is on you to build fan support and sell tickets). to the diehards, yes, hed be better off saying its gonna be a tough year. going with the OL he did signaled to me that they were playing for the future. i do agree that we dont seem to be improving, but we seem to just be average. no worse or better than anyone else in this coastal

tough job ahead as staff need a major retooling. can he fire his buddies ? Patke, Banda, Baker ?
find some an OL coach. Get Enos to run an offense that fits talent ? this has been a season long issue,square peg in round whole
I consistently see more flash than substance so far

the staff he hired needs a complete overhaul after one year. tells me he has no clue how to put a staff together and no coaches willing to work under him.

Advertisement
Back