Evaluating Manny DC to transitioning to HC

Prizzle

Freshman
Ambien port alert

It was well established that what Diaz Brought to the Miami defense over the last few years has been fantastic. He had the pulse of the players on the defense side of the ball and the results were there to verify it. The turnover chain was a great idea to change the focus of his defense into creating negative plays and turnovers. This works very well with him as defensive coordinator.

Many as a head coach has new challenges and responsibilities but still has the mentality of assessing what needs to be improved and fixing it. With the higher of Feely as their strength coach was to address the overall culture of the team and their effort. By all accounts feely has accomplish those goals with the players.

His next main goal was to change the culture of the QB room. Bringing in Enos is a solid candidate with experience to do so. Despite our record we now have at least two quarterbacks who are capable of winning.

The question now is will Diaz be able to make any changes to his first set of coaches to keep along with his vision for the new Miami been cutting edge and dynamic.

On the field we have seen teams that have competed to the last play. Unfortunately we have fallen short on many of those games. But the fight is there and that is an improvement from what we saw last year. So while the execution Has not given us a position to win these games, his philosophy of toughness and unity is being established. What we will find out for the rest of the season is if everyone is Bought in or Is everyone going to keep looking out for themselves. I hope everyone is bought in to his vision and these pains that we experience now are just building the foundation for what the new Miami will look like the next 2 to 3 years. I think any wishful thinking that some coach will come in here and make us immediate playoff contenders is just blind fanaticism and not realistic..

So if we can beat Florida State and make a run on the rest of our season, I would feel completely confident that this Miami team is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next 2 to 3 years. If we drop one or two more games it is possible for the whole house of cards to fall down and we are left scratching our heads and scraping for whatever coach may show some interest.

Advertisement
1572408545615.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we win out I agree with OP. I'll even be willing to chalk up the GT loss as a fluke caused by atrocious FG kicking and a perfectly executed special teams play against a DB that went brain dead.

But so far we haven't shown the consistency we need to even think about that streak being a possibility and this team's up and down play falls in large part on the coaches not having this team ready to play from snap one every week.

So I'm in wait and see mode.

Ambien port alert

It was well established that what Diaz Brought to the Miami defense over the last few years has been fantastic. He had the pulse of the players on the defense side of the ball and the results were there to verify it. The turnover chain was a great idea to change the focus of his defense into creating negative plays and turnovers. This works very well with him as defensive coordinator.

Many as a head coach has new challenges and responsibilities but still has the mentality of assessing what needs to be improved and fixing it. With the higher of Feely as their strength coach was to address the overall culture of the team and their effort. By all accounts feely has accomplish those goals with the players.

His next main goal was to change the culture of the QB room. Bringing in Enos is a solid candidate with experience to do so. Despite our record we now have at least two quarterbacks who are capable of winning.

The question now is will Diaz be able to make any changes to his first set of coaches to keep along with his vision for the new Miami been cutting edge and dynamic.

On the field we have seen teams that have competed to the last play. Unfortunately we have fallen short on many of those games. But the fight is there and that is an improvement from what we saw last year. So while the execution Has not given us a position to win these games, his philosophy of toughness and unity is being established. What we will find out for the rest of the season is if everyone is Bought in or Is everyone going to keep looking out for themselves. I hope everyone is bought in to his vision and these pains that we experience now are just building the foundation for what the new Miami will look like the next 2 to 3 years. I think any wishful thinking that some coach will come in here and make us immediate playoff contenders is just blind fanaticism and not realistic..

So if we can beat Florida State and make a run on the rest of our season, I would feel completely confident that this Miami team is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next 2 to 3 years. If we drop one or two more games it is possible for the whole house of cards to fall down and we are left scratching our heads and scraping for whatever coach may show some interest.
I disagree about the QB's. Neither guy has elite talent. I will take some heat here but I do not think Manny was a great D coordinator. Changed to attacking style from read and react was a big improvement. Look at last years Clemson defense vs Miami's. Clemson had an elite defense. Miami's defense was maybe better than average. Playing in the coastal masks a lot of things. Beating a bad FSU team does not mean a whole lot. Can Manny recruit? How many players enter the portal? This is a 10 win team with this schedule that will probably go 6-6. I see a poorly coached team. Same culture as before and a lack of discipline equals a mediocre Miami under Manny.

Advertisement
tough job ahead as staff need a major retooling. can he fire his buddies ? Patke, Banda, Baker ?
find some an OL coach. Get Enos to run an offense that fits talent ? this has been a season long issue,square peg in round whole
I consistently see more flash than substance so far

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back