Soccer Euros 2020 (21?)

Fluffhead

Recruit
Premium
Who are you all pulling for? Who will crash out? Will Turkey 2021 be Greece 2004? Can Portugal do it again?

Also, if anyone is interested, I have a fantasy league set up on UEFA's website under group code 26MSWQHE08.

Advertisement
France is absolutely loaded and proven. The addition of Benzema is interesting as he has played well the past few years. Portugal is loaded up front with young talent as well.

England is my vote to crash out. Tons of talent but Pickford makes some boneheaded errors and not sure who actually plays well for them in this.

One of the most loaded Euros I can remember. France's roster in on another lever. Portugal right under them. As far as Turkey goes...I don't know...Yilmaz had a great year obviously, but he is quite old. Not sure if he has the legs to run through these defenses.

I will be rooting for Italy and the younger English lads (I hate Kane and Grealish). Andrea Belotti is my favorite and Torino was just relegated. So he needs a solid performance here and I would love to see Atalanta pick him up. And how can you not root for these young chaps on the England squad? Rashford, Saka, Bellingham, Foden, Reece James, Sancho, Calvert-Lewin.

Advertisement
One of the most loaded Euros I can remember. France's roster in on another lever. Portugal right under them. As far as Turkey goes...I don't know...Yilmaz had a great year obviously, but he is quite old. Not sure if he has the legs to run through these defenses.

I will be rooting for Italy and the younger English lads (I hate Kane and Grealish). Andrea Belotti is my favorite and Torino was just relegated. So he needs a solid performance here and I would love to see Atalanta pick him up. And how can you not root for these young chaps on the England squad? Rashford, Saka, Bellingham, Foden, Reece James, Sancho, Calvert-Lewin.
Agreed. I could see any of England, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Belgium or France taking it. Netherlands will be undone by De Boer as manager and Spain is too green IMO. It is also a fascinating tournament with the number of young guys and next generation stars that will be their teams' focus. A lot of teams are in a bit of a turnover and there are not nearly as many of those know commodity stars in the 25-30 age range as in the past.

I will say this tournament favors the likes of England, Germany, Italy, France, etc. with how they are scheduling the games largely in those countries but it is going to be fascinating and fun.

I'm pulling for Belgium. Hoping they break through at a major event like this. I enjoy their style of play and love watching Lukaku, De Bruyne, Mertens, Hazard, etc
I like the Belgium team too. It really comes down to how fit De Bruyne is, especially with Hazard's form over the last year or so.

Advertisement
Agreed. I could see any of England, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Belgium or France taking it. Netherlands will be undone by De Boer as manager and Spain is too green IMO. It is also a fascinating tournament with the number of young guys and next generation stars that will be their teams' focus. A lot of teams are in a bit of a turnover and there are not nearly as many of those know commodity stars in the 25-30 age range as in the past.

I will say this tournament favors the likes of England, Germany, Italy, France, etc. with how they are scheduling the games largely in those countries but it is going to be fascinating and fun.
Yeah, you said it better. I said "loaded" but I meant loaded with exciting younger players. I will check out your fantasy league for sure

Yeah, you said it better. I said "loaded" but I meant loaded with exciting younger players. I will check out your fantasy league for sure
The scary thing with France is how young they are, but how proven that young talent already is. The second fun part of these tournaments is after seeing who breaks out, which clubs buy way too high off of a four week tournament (looking at you, Renato Sanches and Bayern).

Belgium & England are the dark horses in the tournament... They have never won Euros...France is a machine right now, they remind me of those late 90's &
early 2000's Samba/Ginga teams 🇧🇷

The scary thing with France is how young they are, but how proven that young talent already is. The second fun part of these tournaments is after seeing who breaks out, which clubs buy way too high off of a four week tournament (looking at you, Renato Sanches and Bayern).
Aouar is one of my favorite players and I don't think he even made the French team

Advertisement

Let me beat you to it I am a jerk but....

You really did narrow your choice down to Europe. Way to go out on a limb an if De Boer doesn't ***** Netherlands up and Spain green color doesn't show they could be added to your list lol

I would love to see your 15 picks for next years National Champion in fooseball.

Go easy on me I already have no friends!

Advertisement
Let me beat you to it I am a jerk but....

You really did narrow your choice down to Europe. Way to go out on a limb an if De Boer doesn't ***** Netherlands up and Spain green color doesn't show they could be added to your list lol

I would love to see your 15 picks for next years National Champion in fooseball.

Go easy on me I already have no friends!
It wasn’t meant as a prediction but more of a comment about how wide open this tournament is. France is the favorite, but it is WIDE open this year.

Edit - Also, the new structure where some teams that finish third in their groups advance really muddies the water further. Look at how Portugal won in 2016.

Aouar is one of my favorite players and I don't think he even made the French team
His stock has taken a hit over the last year. He should have made his transfer last summer. I think his brother is his agent and got a little greedy IIRC. He could have been another overpriced bust for ****nal. From what I understand, he wants to move this summer but holding out for a CL squad, and I’m not sure that offer is coming.

Italy bossed the midfield today. We will see if they can keep finding guys to put the ball in the net.

Advertisement
Back