Soccer Euros 2020 (21?)

Advertisement
I’m polish so Poland. I enjoy watching international soccer and watched the game today. Is Poland good enough to make the knockout stage? Not a big enough soccer guy to know.. I just know they have the really good striker who had 41 goals this season or something crazy

I’m polish so Poland. I enjoy watching international soccer and watched the game today. Is Poland good enough to make the knockout stage? Not a big enough soccer guy to know.. I just know they have the really good striker who had 41 goals this season or something crazy
They have a couple really good players...It is just the rest sometimes dribble in the wrong direction

Advertisement
The scary thing with France is how young they are, but how proven that young talent already is. The second fun part of these tournaments is after seeing who breaks out, which clubs buy way too high off of a four week tournament (looking at you, Renato Sanches and Bayern).
Kalvin Phillips might be your guy. Mbabu was **** impressive as well

Czech's second goal was a doozy... why was the keeper so far out of the box, but the striker hit that from **** near midfield.

Advertisement
Thoughts after everyone’s first games?

To me, Spain is lacking that guy to make the final pass. Portugal, Belgium, and France look very formidable. Italy looks a threat but not having that one talisman may come back to bite them. Germany looked pretty good yesterday. Their slower back three looked vulnerable yesterday but that’s also going to be the fastest front line in the tournament. England still remains to be seen. De Boer is a bum but that was an amazing match. 24 teams is just too many though.

The matches today were amazing!!!
I had to leave right when France went up 2-1. Holy ****. They didn’t look right all tournament. This whole tournament has been amazing. Belgium vulnerable with injuries. France out. Dutch out. Portugal out. Spain looking dangerous. England can’t score. Germany doesn’t look quite right either. Italy looking stellar but I could see them having a game where they can’t get it in the net. And then Switzerland and Denmark looking GOOD. Wild.

I had to leave right when France went up 2-1. Holy ****. They didn’t look right all tournament. This whole tournament has been amazing. Belgium vulnerable with injuries. France out. Dutch out. Portugal out. Spain looking dangerous. England can’t score. Germany doesn’t look quite right either. Italy looking stellar but I could see them having a game where they can’t get it in the net. And then Switzerland and Denmark looking GOOD. Wild.
Momentum switched to France when the Swiss missed PK. They scored 2 goals in 90 seconds and then Pogba with a Golasssssooooo from about 25 yards out, France went up 3-1. I thought it was over. Everyone did. Great job by the Swiss.

I hate that Belgium has injuries. They need full strength to beat Italy.

Advertisement
Momentum switched to France when the Swiss missed PK. They scored 2 goals in 90 seconds and then Pogba with a Golasssssooooo from about 25 yards out, France went up 3-1. I thought it was over. Everyone did. Great job by the Swiss.

I hate that Belgium has injuries. They need full strength to beat Italy.
I hope Hazard and De Brunye get healthy. That midfield battle would be one for the ages. Italy didn’t look too convincing in their match yesterday either. Tournament has been so good.

I hope Hazard and De Brunye get healthy. That midfield battle would be one for the ages. Italy didn’t look too convincing in their match yesterday either. Tournament has been so good.
Italy got lucky yesterday luck it’s part of it. Immobile and their forwards are pretty good.

Hazard is not the same with those ankle injuries. He’s more replaceable than DeBruyne. His loss or him only playing at 80% is huge. Belgium’s defense is old (all over 32, I believe). They are vulnerable. Italy not a good match up for them. France was the only team, in my view, that could beat Italy. So I think the Italians make the final vs Germany.

Italy’s midfield bossed that game and their experience was huge in penalties but what was Southgate doing? Needed subs well earlier and putting two young guys out there to hardly get a kick in before the penalties was questionable.

Advertisement
Italy’s midfield bossed that game and their experience was huge in penalties but what was Southgate doing? Needed subs well earlier and putting two young guys out there to hardly get a kick in before the penalties was questionable.
Italy bossing the midfield was going to be hard to stop. That’s why England came out in 343. And they scored right away. But then after TWO MINUTES they just abandon their game plan and think they’re going to play the most puzzified drop back 5 at the back for 88 minutes??? Then when Italy does score they just decide to go 433?

England deserved to lose and should be embarrassed for running a 5ATB in the finals of the Euros in Wembley Stadium.

And yeah, the subs and PKs. WTF. Has Rash even kicked a soccer ball this summer? You put in two young players to just take PKs? It’s not like Rash and Jaden are great at PKs. I love Saka but he’s like 19 and never even taken a PK at the pro level and you have him in the 5 spot in the championships.

England going to England I guess

Italy bossing the midfield was going to be hard to stop. That’s why England came out in 343. And they scored right away. But then after TWO MINUTES they just abandon their game plan and think they’re going to play the most puzzified drop back 5 at the back for 88 minutes??? Then when Italy does score they just decide to go 433?

England deserved to lose and should be embarrassed for running a 5ATB in the finals of the Euros in Wembley Stadium.

And yeah, the subs and PKs. WTF. Has Rash even kicked a soccer ball this summer? You put in two young players to just take PKs? It’s not like Rash and Jaden are great at PKs. I love Saka but he’s like 19 and never even taken a PK at the pro level and you have him in the 5 spot in the championships.

England going to England I guess
The best team won. At some point in the middle, Italy’s experience and Mancini over Southgate took over. Grealish needed to be on way earlier. Mount needed to be off for Saka way earlier. They needed to push or try to be quick on the counterattack. They gave up way too much possession and territory in from about 30’ forward. Southgate really bungled this one.

Great tournament though.

Capitulation on penalties . Same as it ever was. Late subs just for penalties is bad management. Grealish and Shaw on but you let an 18yo take the last one? On the bright side Pickford was ace!

Advertisement
Back