ESPNS PROJECTED STANDINGS ACC

Advertisement
you'll retards expecting 9-10 wins are in for a big big let down

:ibisroflmao:

68.gif

Advertisement
Read carefully, real careful. The talent level of our seniors last year was low. No one is blaming our "bad" season on anyone, as you call it. We were who our record says we were, and that was a 9 win team, even with the senior talent not being where it should be.

So yeah, Duke winning 10 games for the first time in their entire history would be considered an outlier.

I understand your flawed logic. Because we only have 2-4 seniors who'll be drafted that means our team was bad. That still doesn't explain why Duke was able to win 10 games when they have 0 that will be drafted.

LMAO! Let me guess, they were able to win 10 games because the coaching is superior! Even though it was 7 years in?

You are special.

Keep the crying going....

They do more with less. Duke does not come close to getting the level of recruits that Miami gets and yet they are better than us now?

They DO ? Duke had 1 great year out of the 7 their staff has been there. Does them having 1 great year mean they are better than us now? I don't believe so. Who is saying they are better than us now, this new year?

I told homeslice earlier they had a lot of seniors. He wanted proof, I showed him. I expected excuses, and sure enough, he cried about the source. He didnt question the content of the source, because he has no idea what he is looking at, but then cries and says he meant number of players invited to the combine, expected.

Cry babies will always find something to cry about.

You are saying they are better. You said we sucked because we had no draftable seniors and that Duke had more seniors and better seniors.

I never said anything about Duke being better coached because of all their great years. If you stop trying to spin every statement, you'd see what I'm saying. I'm saying Duke is better, because they recruit nothing (they are consistently 60's or worse in the recruiting rankings). These guys are living on 2 star players with a few 3 stars mixed in. They don't have a pipeline to any major recruiting area. They have no real football history. The first couple years of coaching at Duke is like taking a DII team and throwing them in the ACC. So after a few years of building Duke, Cutcliffe actually has them looking respectable the last 2 years.

Miami is in a recruiting hotbed and we constantly have 4 stars with the occasional 5 star thrown in. We are rarely outside of the top 20 in recruiting rankings (without looking, I'd say 1-2 years in the last 10 probably. We have a pretty solid history to work with. Taking over this program when its down is a dream compared to starting fresh at Duke when Cutcliffe did. Our worst years are better than Duke's best years (except last year of course). Yet in recent seasons we are only marginally better than them and apparently worse than them last year. This is not a talent issue and if its not talent it must be coaching.

Anybody who was off of Randy's bandwagon after the Wisconsin debacle and subsequent egg laying signing day, should be in the same position now with Golden. It is hypocritical to do otherwise.

After 3 years my disappointment is the continued lack of physical, mental, and skill development of our players. At UNC, Butch Davis was pumping out NFL players by year 3, at a school that sucked and has no recruiting base. Yes Randy was the WOAT and the talent left was mediocre; but NONE of it has developed.

Though the situations are not at all alike, I was never on the Randy bandwagon.

Advertisement
I understand your flawed logic. Because we only have 2-4 seniors who'll be drafted that means our team was bad. That still doesn't explain why Duke was able to win 10 games when they have 0 that will be drafted.

LMAO! Let me guess, they were able to win 10 games because the coaching is superior! Even though it was 7 years in?

You are special.

They do more with less. Duke does not come close to getting the level of recruits that Miami gets and yet they are better than us now?

They DO ? Duke had 1 great year out of the 7 their staff has been there. Does them having 1 great year mean they are better than us now? I don't believe so. Who is saying they are better than us now, this new year?

I told homeslice earlier they had a lot of seniors. He wanted proof, I showed him. I expected excuses, and sure enough, he cried about the source. He didnt question the content of the source, because he has no idea what he is looking at, but then cries and says he meant number of players invited to the combine, expected.

You are saying they are better. You said we sucked because we had no draftable seniors and that Duke had more seniors and better seniors.

I never said anything about Duke being better coached because of all their great years. If you stop trying to spin every statement, you'd see what I'm saying. I'm saying Duke is better, because they recruit nothing (they are consistently 60's or worse in the recruiting rankings). These guys are living on 2 star players with a few 3 stars mixed in. They don't have a pipeline to any major recruiting area. They have no real football history. The first couple years of coaching at Duke is like taking a DII team and throwing them in the ACC. So after a few years of building Duke, Cutcliffe actually has them looking respectable the last 2 years.

Miami is in a recruiting hotbed and we constantly have 4 stars with the occasional 5 star thrown in. We are rarely outside of the top 20 in recruiting rankings (without looking, I'd say 1-2 years in the last 10 probably. We have a pretty solid history to work with. Taking over this program when its down is a dream compared to starting fresh at Duke when Cutcliffe did. Our worst years are better than Duke's best years (except last year of course). Yet in recent seasons we are only marginally better than them and apparently worse than them last year. This is not a talent issue and if its not talent it must be coaching.

They beat us AND they had a 10 win season, last years team was good, its ok to admit it. You are ashamed because of their past, not last years team. If last years team was a 3 game winner for the whole season, then your point would be valid. You are ashamed of losing to them because they are Duke, yet at the same time praise their coaches for doing things. Pick a side.

When you have a 2-deep with more than half being freshmen and sophomores, you have an experience issue. If your expectation was to dominate in a physical sport with young guys playing men (seniors), you are bound to get beat up physically. Its one of the reasons high schoolers are not allowed to go straight to the NFL, regardless of talent, boys vs men. Add to that losing your best player and key WR. Our 2 deep this year will be majority sophomores and juniors, sprinkle in key seniors who's current NFL stock is high, and a few good freshmen.

Coaches get the "he won with so and so's players" ala Coker. Tho both are too extreme for me, it can be the other way around as well. To a lesser extent of course. Next years draft eligible class will produce the first first rounder since who? Ohh the irony.

Since this thread is teetering in the direction of talent. Outside of FSU, because we know in large part. They are better in more position head to head.

What remaining teams on our schedule. Can you look down the line, and say. **** they just are better than us.

I'll start QB off.

Outside of FSU, Duke and Virginia. Unless i am mistaken. Every team is breaking in a new QB on our schedule. Some may have some mope up time, but overall. None off them are popping off in my head. As to just being some bad *** dude from a year ago. So does anyone really have an edge?

Explain to me the rest of our schedule. Just let me know what teams beat us at certain positions.

Coaching is well documented. So lets keep this about our talent vs theirs. Hopefully we can get some good discussions on this.

Don't disregard mop up time; it counts. There is a huge difference between a player that has experience - mop up time or otherwise - at the D1 level vs. a kid that has never, not once, stepped on the field. It is exceedingly rare for a QB with zero experience to not make a litany of mistakes. they just are not accustomed to the game speed, the sophisitcated blitzes, the crowd, etc...

And worse still, we've heard nothing but negative reports about Olsen. Outside of being a highly-touted recruit, he's been nothing but a disappointment in terms of film study, maturity, and performance in the scrimmages.

So, given those factors, what on earth leads you to believe he will perform well, assuming he beats out the true freshmen?

Nebraska's QB Armstrong. Which of whom played in a handful of games and was completely horrible in the process. Losing a job he inherited from an injured Martinez. To Ron Kellogg a senior that couldn't never get a sniff of game action prior.

UVA Greyson Lambert played in a handful of games and started vs our very own Miami last season. Completing a season high 68%( shocking huh ), but avg 44% for the season.

Cincinnati is hoping Munchie Legaux who started the season a year ago before getting his knee destroyed in week 2. Will be ready to go come the start of the fall camp, but an injury like his is a hard one to get over. If he doesn't with the transfer of Coney. They will have to go with an unproven.

[video=youtube;Sn7YjhwxXZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7YjhwxXZE[/video]

The other QB on our schedule not named Winston, Williams and Boone. Have about the equivalent of Gray Crow's in game exp and Crow was passed by Mr Troublemaker with no exp.

Olsen, Kaaya or whomever will get the nod. Will have the equivalent of game exp to Gardner, Leal, Thomas and Voytik by the time they meet. Gardner has throw 12 passes so by the end of the 1st qtr of the 1st game. There won't be that much a difference other than Bobby. Also our starter will have a 2 game stretch after the Louisville game to get comfortable heading into Lincoln.

Now onto the negative Olsen reports your talking about. It all goes by what camp your in. Plenty of conflicting reports going around about how he has performed in practices. You got your opinion made up already, and we won't agree with each other.

Regardless, i feel for a fact that we have 2 very good QB prospects in Olsen and Kaaya and i think either one that gets the nod. Will be better than anyone we play not named Winston. These young QB will have a slew of options that these other teams won't have at their disposal.

This isn't the old days when guys had to wait forever to play and perform well. We are seeing it all the time. Guys with no exp stepping in and playing well from the start. Do they have their moments, of course they do, but live game action doesn't mean you are a good QB.

Advertisement

You are special.

They beat us AND they had a 10 win season, last years team was good, its ok to admit it. You are ashamed because of their past, not last years team. If last years team was a 3 game winner for the whole season, then your point would be valid. You are ashamed of losing to them because they are Duke, yet at the same time praise their coaches for doing things. Pick a side.

When you have a 2-deep with more than half being freshmen and sophomores, you have an experience issue. If your expectation was to dominate in a physical sport with young guys playing men (seniors), you are bound to get beat up physically. Its one of the reasons high schoolers are not allowed to go straight to the NFL, regardless of talent, boys vs men. Add to that losing your best player and key WR. Our 2 deep this year will be majority sophomores and juniors, sprinkle in key seniors who's current NFL stock is high, and a few good freshmen.

Coaches get the "he won with so and so's players" ala Coker. Tho both are too extreme for me, it can be the other way around as well. To a lesser extent of course. Next years draft eligible class will produce the first first rounder since who? Ohh the irony.

At what point did I say Duke was a bad team last year? Please point it out. Seriously, you wrote that entire thing based on something that wasn't said and then managed make more statements about what I'm saying when I never did. I never said I was ashamed of losing to them (I knew we were going to lose to them after the VT game), and yes, I did praise their coaches for "Doing Things". Those "things" include coaching players up and calling a relatively competent game. Also, Duke racked up 10 wins against a pretty soft schedule (notice I did not say they were a bad team).

More importantly, my statement was not about just our game against Duke. My statement was about our season as a whole. We looked like crap all season. We were winning because we were playing teams like UNC, WF, FAU, USF, GT, UVA, Pitt. We played one good team in Florida and they are completely 1 dimensional. Notice as soon as we played another team that was competently coached, we got owned (FSU, Duke, VT, Louisville). Keep in mind, these competently coached teams (except for FSU and Louisville) are not star studded teams.

What I said is that Duke has taken lesser talent and made them into something respectable. At this point in time, Golden's staff is not doing that and really aren't getting anything more out of the good players we do have. Duke is virtually the same player as when he got here, just bigger. Howard is not much better than when he got here. Perryman is about the only real significant growth (in talent) that we've seen from this staff and honestly, he was doing a lot of that already, but hes just more consistent now which comes with experience.

Also, I'm not sure where you get half our 2 deep was freshman and sophomores. Maybe 2 years ago yes, but not last year. True Freshman and Sophomores that got real playing time last year might have been about 10 people. Duke(not in for the Duke game), Howard, Flowers, Coley, Waters, Figs, Bush, Jenkins, Crawford, and Burns. Virtually all the rest of our 2 deep was Jr and Sr.

Link (to the depth chart prior to Duke game)
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...ew-depth-chart-for-duke-not-many-changes.html

Advertisement

At what point did I say Duke was a bad team last year? Please point it out. Seriously, you wrote that entire thing based on something that wasn't said and then managed make more statements about what I'm saying when I never did. I never said I was ashamed of losing to them (I knew we were going to lose to them after the VT game), and yes, I did praise their coaches for "Doing Things". Those "things" include coaching players up and calling a relatively competent game. Also, Duke racked up 10 wins against a pretty soft schedule (notice I did not say they were a bad team).

More importantly, my statement was not about just our game against Duke. My statement was about our season as a whole. We looked like crap all season. We were winning because we were playing teams like UNC, WF, FAU, USF, GT, UVA, Pitt. We played one good team in Florida and they are completely 1 dimensional. Notice as soon as we played another team that was competently coached, we got owned (FSU, Duke, VT, Louisville). Keep in mind, these competently coached teams (except for FSU and Louisville) are not star studded teams.

What I said is that Duke has taken lesser talent and made them into something respectable. At this point in time, Golden's staff is not doing that and really aren't getting anything more out of the good players we do have. Duke is virtually the same player as when he got here, just bigger. Howard is not much better than when he got here. Perryman is about the only real significant growth (in talent) that we've seen from this staff and honestly, he was doing a lot of that already, but hes just more consistent now which comes with experience.

Also, I'm not sure where you get half our 2 deep was freshman and sophomores. Maybe 2 years ago yes, but not last year. True Freshman and Sophomores that got real playing time last year might have been about 10 people. Duke(not in for the Duke game), Howard, Flowers, Coley, Waters, Figs, Bush, Jenkins, Crawford, and Burns. Virtually all the rest of our 2 deep was Jr and Sr.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...ew-depth-chart-for-duke-not-many-changes.html

Look at your very first post ending in "yet they are better than us now?". Are you saying they are or they are not? It doesnt matter, they won more game and they beat us. Your opinion on their coaches "doing things" is interesting. Aside from last year, most wins by Duke with this staff was 6. How exactly are they "doing things"? Everything worked out for them last year, 10 wins. So again, are you ashamed of losing to the Duke history or the 2013 Duke team?

Yes, we played like crap certain games. Yes the D struggled, we get it, we all really do get it.

So now onto the point of players developing. Look at the 2-deep this year, none of these guys are improving? Are you exaggerating for effect or do you really believe it? Keep in mind, ALL freshmen and sophomores last season, all had to play. A bit more than 10.

Duke Johnson
Dallas Crawford
Gus Edwards,
Stacy Coley
Malcolm Lewis,
Herb Waters
Rashawn Scott
Ereck Flowers
Taylor Gadbois
Danny Isidora
Hunter Wells
Earl Moore
Corey King
Jelani Hamilton
Al-Quadin Muhammad
Tyriq McCord
Raphael Kirby
Jermaine Grace
Tracy Howard
Antonio Crawford
Nate Dortch
Deon Bush
Rayshawn Jenkins
Artie Burns,
Corn Elder
Larry Hope
Walter Tucker

Last edited:

Look at your very first post ending in "yet they are better than us now?". Are you saying they are or they are not? It doesnt matter, they won more game and they beat us. Your opinion on their coaches "doing things" is interesting. Aside from last year, most wins by Duke with this staff was 6. How exactly are they "doing things"? Everything worked out for them last year, 10 wins. So again, are you ashamed of losing to the Duke history or the 2013 Duke team?

Yes, we played like crap certain games. Yes the D struggled, we get it, we all really do get it.

So now onto the point of players developing. Look at the 2-deep this year, none of these guys are improving? Are you exaggerating for effect or do you really believe it? Keep in mind, ALL freshmen and sophomores last season, all had to play. A bit more than 10.

Duke Johnson
Dallas Crawford
Gus Edwards,
Stacy Coley
Malcolm Lewis,
Herb Waters
Rashawn Scott
Ereck Flowers
Taylor Gadbois
Danny Isidora
Hunter Wells
Earl Moore
Corey King
Jelani Hamilton
Al-Quadin Muhammad
Tyriq McCord
Raphael Kirby
Jermaine Grace
Tracy Howard
Antonio Crawford
Nate Dortch
Deon Bush
Rayshawn Jenkins
Artie Burns,
Corn Elder
Larry Hope
Walter Tucker

LMAO at some of the guys you included. What do you consider 2 deep, because you got guys who were not in the 2 deep on your list. Last time I checked, 2 deep is the first and second player on the depth chart.

Rashawn Scott played in 2 games last year, but apparently that is significant playing time for our whole season to you. 3 total catches.
Malcolm Lewis... seriously. Minimal game time, 7 total catches. Was pretty much in just to be in when he was in. He will be a contributor this year, but not last year.
Gus was our 3rd/4th string RB that got some PT in blowouts and later in the season (that means he was not 2 deep). He got a decent number of carries, but he was not in the 2 deep. He got less than a 1/6 of our total carries.
Walter Tucker - Seriously. How often does the second string FB play? Not a single carry last year either.
Larry Hope - Not in the 2 deep
Hunter Wells - Not in the 2 deep
Corn Elder - Not in the 2 deep
Nate Dortch - Not in the 2 deep
Jelani Hamilton - Not in the 2 deep
Al Quadin Muhammad - Not in the 2 deep -didn't really get that much PT. He played, but not a ton
Gadbois - Not in the 2 deep
Isidora - Not in the 2 deep
Earl Moore - Not in the 2 deep (3rd on the depth chart) - but he did get some PT
Mccord - Not in the 2 deep (see Muhammad)
Jermaine Grace - Not in the 2 deep

I named the other guys except for Kirby, so my statement stands. Did some of those guys get some PT, sure. How is that any different than any other school? All you did was list a bunch of freshman and sophomore on our team and act like they all were major contributors. Just because you saw Mccord get a big sack against GT, now he was a major player. Funny, because all I remember is everyone complaining about how Mccord and Muhamad were never on the field and others saying it was because they were a liability in run support. Remember when you said the 2 deep and now you are adding players to your list that are not in the 2 deep.

As far as me saying they are better than us now, you should pay more attention to what you're reading. I said we recruit far better than them yet now they are so much better than us which is indicating they take lesser players and turn them into something good. I did not say they are not better than us. I am asking why are they better than us when we have better recruits every year (and not by a little bit). This is indicative that they are doing more with less.

Moving up the depth chart this year does not mean you got better. Improvement is not what it should be. Duke is taking players who were only recruited by bad teams or NON BCS teams like FAU and turning them into a good team. Sure there is a ceiling, but he's taking turds and giving them value. We're got potential diamonds to start, but we aren't making them any better.

We played like crap certain games? How about we played like crap most games. Seriously, except FAU, Savanna St, USF, and Pitt we looked bad. UFI'll accept. We did not look that great, but we didn't look that bad.

As far as their coaches "doing things". You say their coaches only got them up to 6 wins except for one 10 win season. Keep in mind they did that with 2 and 3 star players. Aside from last year as you said our current staff has only 1 year with more than 7 wins with 4 star players. That one year is only 9 wins, less than Duke's 10 wins.

Last edited:
So now guys that played are not in the 2-deep? Now you have you have a certain level of production to be considered in the 2-deep?

Every single one of those players was in the 2 man rotation at some point in the season. Some faded out due to lack of productivity, others were injured. I can easily look up every game and show you, but you need to do some homework and look it up on your own.

Every single player on last years Duke team was brought in by that staff. Brought in to play in their system. So now no one wanted their players huh? How much time did you invest looking at Duke's players and how they were recruited? THEY HAD 1 GOOD SEASON! If they were doing this year after year, you would have something.

Were the seniors that just left brought in by this staff? Or was that someone else's recruits for their system? Arent the guys this staff brought in the best players we have? Don't some of those players have high draft potential (means others think they are worth being picked int the draft)? Guys like Perryman, who you say is good on his own, Tracy, Flowers, Duke all have chances to be drafted in next years round? Or nah?

So again, none of those players improved? none?

There are those that ***** and complain about playing time of certain players, are THOSE people in this discussion? What is the purpose of telling me they were *****ing?

LOOK AT THE PLAYERS THAT ARE LEAVING!!! The same **** thing I have been saying. Our best players are/were young! GEEZ!

Do you bro.

So now guys that played are not in the 2-deep? Now you have you have a certain level of production to be considered in the 2-deep?

Every single one of those players was in the 2 man rotation at some point in the season. Some faded out due to lack of productivity, others were injured. I can easily look up every game and show you, but you need to do some homework and look it up on your own.

Every single player on last years Duke team was brought in by that staff. Brought in to play in their system. So now no one wanted their players huh? How much time did you invest looking at Duke's players and how they were recruited? THEY HAD 1 GOOD SEASON! If they were doing this year after year, you would have something.

Were the seniors that just left brought in by this staff? Or was that someone else's recruits for their system? Arent the guys this staff brought in the best players we have? Don't some of those players have high draft potential (means others think they are worth being picked int the draft)? Guys like Perryman, who you say is good on his own, Tracy, Flowers, Duke all have chances to be drafted in next years round? Or nah?

So again, none of those players improved? none?

There are those that ***** and complain about playing time of certain players, are THOSE people in this discussion? What is the purpose of telling me they were *****ing?

LOOK AT THE PLAYERS THAT ARE LEAVING!!! The same **** thing I have been saying. Our best players are/were young! GEEZ!

Do you bro.

This will be my last post on this as it's obvious how hurt you are that Golden and staff are receiving any heat from anyone on our poor showing. As far as research goes, I've done more research in one post than you have this whole thread. As far as the players go, you are including guys who played in 2 games with minimal playing time. You are including guys who might have played 5 snaps in a game. This is not significant playing time (and before you get all butt hurt and try to point out someone who did play, this reference is not to all players I excluded, but a guy who has less than 5% of our total snaps is not an impact, hindrance, or strength). Please do your own research and show me that those guys were on the official 2 deep of the depth chart during the season and for how many games they were included on the 2 deep (and please dont waste our time by posting the spring depth chart). And yes guys that played are not necessarily in the 2 deep. Just being on the field once in awhile does not make you a serious contributor. I'm sorry, but a player who was in the 2 deep for 1 game is not significant.

I would be willing to put money on the fact that Cutcliffe would like to trade players with Golden as far as talent on the field is concerned, even if it means it was not his players. You keep talking about this staff brought in the best players on this team and act like most of the players on this team were not brought in by this staff. You do realize that right? We didn't have that many holdovers from Shannon's recruiting left. I'm sure for the next 3 years you'll say the same thing though (its easy to make that statement when nearly the entire team was brought in by this staff).

Lets talk about the same **** thing you've been saying. It sure was not our best players were young. It was that our 2 deep is young, but it's not that young. Your original statement to someone else is that we did not have enough draftable seniors that others wanted.

Here is your quote "how many players that are draftable in 2014, which are all seniors would others teams want? Maybe Morris? Seantrel? Linder? Hurns? Is that the list or am I missing some?" You later go on to say "I told homeslice earlier they had a lot of seniors. He wanted proof, I showed him. I expected excuses, and sure enough, he cried about the source. He didnt question the content of the source, because he has no idea what he is looking at, but then cries and says he meant number of players invited to the combine, expected."

You start by talking about how we don't have enough draftable seniors that other teams would want, and then you are pointing out how many seniors Duke has, but neglect to mention the fact that Duke does not have a bunch of draftable seniors which he questioned you on. You are the one who brought up the point about draftable seniors and then cried when he asked you about Duke's draftable seniors and tried to turn it on him. As a matter of FACT, we likely have more draftable seniors than Duke does, but you have ignored this fact when talking about Duke. I'm willing to bet there are a ton of scrub teams that have a lot of seniors, but that doesn't make them good. Please list me all these superstars that are about to get drafted from Duke.

Lastly, I pointed out people *****ing because it is relevant to show you that these players were not getting significant playing time. See what I said above. Just because you stepped on the field for a play does not make you some impactful player to our team. I'm surprised you're not trying to tell us how Gray Crow's youth is why we sucked.

I'm done with this thread. You're going to keep trying to spin statements how you want as evidenced above and I've already put way more time into this than needed. I am not one of these guys hoping Golden fails, and will gladly say I was wrong if he succeeds, but I'm willing to bet if Golden and staff flop this year and even the next year, you will not be willing to do the same when that time comes so it is a moot point.

Will you bro?

Advertisement
Back