ESPN's latest "Hot Board of 2014 Uncommitted Recruits"

Tim

Recruit
In the "For What It's Worth" Column, here are some highlights from ESPN Insider's projections on their uncommitted Top-300 players.

Lamont Gaillard
Fayetteville, N.C./Pine Forest
ESPN 300 RANK: 12
POS: DT
HT/WT: 6-4/300
STARS: 5
Prediction: Georgia (confidence of prediction - 8 out of 10)

A few weeks ago, the Florida Gators would have been the pick, but in a sudden turn of events, Gaillard eliminated the Gators and has the Bulldogs on top. As of now, Georgia is certainly the team to beat, but a new team, Miami, is also near the top for the five-star defensive tackle.

<><><>

Ermon Lane
Homestead, Fla./Homestead Senior
ESPN 300 RANK: 25
POS: WR
HT/WT: 6-2/171
STARS: 4
Alabama (confidence = 6)

Miami and Alabama are neck-and-neck for the top-ranked wide receiver in the ESPN 300. Lane has stated that distance won't be a factor, and in the end, Bama fans will be happy.

<><><>

Kentavius Street
Greenville, N.C./J.H. Rose
ESPN 300 RANK: 30
POS: DE
HT/WT: 6-2/265
NC State (Confidence = 4)

Georgia held the lead for Street for over a month, but following a recent visit to NC State the Wolfpack have jumped to the top of his list. The chance to help a nearby program with players he knows is a big selling point to Street, who also has Miami and LSU in his top group. His list could change several more times over the next few months.

<><><>

Johnnie Dixon
Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Dwyer
ESPN 300 RANK: 43
HT/WT: 5-11/193
Florida (Confidence = 4)

The talented pass-catcher has been high on Florida, Miami and Florida State for a while. A case could be made for any of those three schools, but as of now the Gators hold a slight advantage.

<><><>

Travis Rudolph
West Palm Beach, Fla./Cardinal Newman
ESPN 300 RANK: 81
HT/WT: 6-1/186
Florida (confidence = 6)

After decommitting from Miami, Rudolph has visited Florida a few times, including a visit with his mother for Florida's spring game. Auburn is now in the picture and Miami is not out of it yet, but the Gators appear to be the front-runners.

<><><>

Chris Lammons
Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Plantation
ESPN 300 RANK: 84
POS: ATH
HT/WT: 5-10/169
Miami :neonu:(confidence = 6)

Several schools, including Alabama, Florida, Florida State and South Carolina, are in the mix for Lammons, but ultimately the Canes have the inside track to land the talented athlete.

<><><>

Marquis Ware
Los Angeles/Salesian
ESPN 300 RANK: 118
POS: ATH
HT/WT: 6-2/210
UCLA (confidence = 2)

This likely changes if offers come in from Oregon, USC or Washington. Out-of-state options such as Florida State, Miami and Nebraska are possible as well.

<><><>

Travonte Valentine
Palm Bay, Fla./Bayside
ESPN 300 RANK: 150
POS: DT
HT/WT: 6-4/295
Miami :neonu: (Confidence = 6)

Valentine has decommitted from two schools, Louisville and Florida, already so it's difficult to predict where he will end up, but as of now it looks like the Hurricanes are the team to beat.

Link to the complete list: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...9210988/uncommitted-college-football-recruits

Advertisement
just dont know how alabama can take top receiver out of our back yard we should lock them all up

bama has won multiple nc's in the last few years. that being said, their guys dont do crap in the pros.

Advertisement
I doubt Dixon goes to UF, he stated we are in the lead

this weekend proved that means nothing

I think Clark is a bad example because I think UFag power played him by telling him you either take the $$$ and commit now or take a get left out. If you disagree then you have to wonder why he didn't want to wait till the All Star game he's participating in January like he planned

I don't think this was updated i remember this a month or so ago.. Dixon is leaning to Miami and UF is running third behind Ohio State.

I think Clark is a bad example because I think UFag power played him by telling him you either take the $$$ and commit now or take a get left out. If you disagree then you have to wonder why he didn't want to wait till the All Star game he's participating in January like he planned

kid wanted to go to UF because it is the SEC that is all. The kid did not get paid you guys need to stop with the money stuff

Advertisement

kid wanted to go to UF because it is the SEC that is all. The kid did not get paid you guys need to stop with the money stuff

Im just guessing because he was claiming UM was leading for so long and seemed locked in to deciding in January so it didn't add up to me

Johnnie Dixon Defenitely leaning to us from everything that's come out recently. That's about the only one I completely disagree with

Advertisement

Im just guessing because he was claiming UM was leading for so long and seemed locked in to deciding in January so it didn't add up to me

Pretty sure he stated after his UF visit that UF and Miami were tied. Everyone laughed it off, but I distinctly remember him saying that. But that was really the last we heard from him until he committed.

just dont know how alabama can take top receiver out of our back yard we should lock them all up

Dunno, but they pulled Amari and his success, plus Julio Jones' success (college and pro), and SEC dominance (more specifically Bama) is probably quite the pull right now.

Ermon Lane will not end up at Miami.

I see his leader being Alabama, and the next rummer up (if Dalvin Cook stays at UF) it's UF.. after that Miami.

Now, if this up coming season, Alabama, flops and we beat Florida there is a chance we move up on the list.

Advertisement

Pretty sure he stated after his UF visit that UF and Miami were tied. Everyone laughed it off, but I distinctly remember him saying that. But that was really the last we heard from him until he committed.
Im not surprised with UF snagging him just surprised that a kid who wants to announce at the UA game (I think that's the game he's participating in) then why change your mind and settle for June unless he got power played by a school? Just thought it was strange

I don't think this was updated i remember this a month or so ago.. Dixon is leaning to Miami and UF is running third behind Ohio State.

Again, for what its worth... "Updated: June 26, 2013, 5:18 PM ET"
The author may not have new info on every recruit since last posting.

Im not surprised with UF snagging him just surprised that a kid who wants to announce at the UA game (I think that's the game he's participating in) then why change your mind and settle for June unless he got power played by a school? Just thought it was strange

Ah, then I agree with you on that. Not that I blame a kid for committing in June, it was kinda weird he decided to do it now instead of his intended time. Maybe he was just holding his spot (because lord knows we'll always have a spot for DT, but UF might not), and he'll make his final decision later on.

Advertisement
Back