ESPN's Computer Prediction for Sat...

Advertisement
FPI is still very high on FSU. These computer models are wonky when there are few data points. FSU isnt good but its a rivalry game.

This is the same computer that picked Hillary to win too.

Advertisement
A computer model is only as good as the data you feed it.

Being there are an infinite number of variables that go into any given game, many of which are nearly impossible to make factual , predicting a game outcome is no more than a good guess.

With that said, FSU does have a few advantages that cannot be ignored so I'm not surprised by the computer outcome.

Vegas is your best predictor and we are favored by 3.5 which gives us about a 60% chance of winning.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't care about predictions. Don't care about odds. Just win.

The last three games were all winnable against very good FSU teams that had more talent and better coaching than we did.

2014 - Three years ago I watched Chickillo and Perryman hold back tears as they ran to the locker room after the FSU comeback knowing they would finish their careers without beating FSU.
2015 - Two years ago I watched Coley sacrifice his body play-after-play to lead a comeback that Dalvin Cook eventually snuffed out.
2016- Last year I sat there in silence as everyone else celebrated the Coley TD, knowing full well we still had a PAT to go, and then watched in horror as FSU celebrated the blocked XP.

I don't care if we win by 1 or by 40 - just, freaking, win.

Advertisement
"Computers" are never wrong, if implemented correctly

What can be wrong is the data, assumptions and calculations programmed as software by HUMANS

At Cyberdyne systems we are implementing systems worldwide to prevent and eliminate these egregious human errors using our state of the art Skynet system of satellites and infrastructure.

Advertisement
Back