ESPN writer has us at #20 on his ballot

Prisoner of the amount lol FSU, Texas and Houston all had good wins but all too high. And ND has to drop some spots. That defense was shredded by a freshman QB.

Advertisement
How the Fück does he put FSpUke at 2 ahead of Clemson? If they're number 2, and we keep beating up these schools, when we punch their Trailerhassee faces into the ground, I wanna see May, Holtz and Finebaum cry and we need to be top 10.

Margin of victory, and opponent.. Clemson barely beat an unranked Auburn..and FSU beat a top 15 team in ole miss..probably why

But WHY was Ole Miss ranked? Pre-season rankings are pure BS and NEED TO BE DONE AWAY WITH!!!

Advertisement

We started at 26, how do we drop 2 spots in his mind?

Agree with Florida and USC being pushed out. One barely beat UMass at home. USC didn't even come close to competing with Bama based on the final score.

And yeah, how does Texas jump up to 6 and Wiscy being up to 7 when they were unranked. They should both crack the top 25, but not be in the top 10.

Advertisement
Honestly, I could care less about the polls at this point. Remember, Golden was a high as 7th at point, and Shannon got as high 9th, if I'm mistaken. At the end of October, that's where its gets serious. I just want to go into the FSU game undefeated. That's not too much to ask, lol

Honestly, I could care less about the polls at this point. Remember, Golden was a high as 7th at point, and Shannon got as high 9th, if I'm mistaken. At the end of October, that's where its gets serious. I just want to go into the FSU game undefeated. That's not too much to ask, lol

This^^^

Advertisement
"I don't want to be ranked because we might lose"

Listen to yourselves.

Were going to beat FSU

We would get hammered by FSU 2nd half performance last night. 1st half though we can have good shot of beating them.

A tale of 2 totally different halves of football. They got their *** handed to them in first, until they realized they were in for more than they bargained for. Then 2nd half totally dominated.

"I don't want to be ranked because we might lose"

Listen to yourselves.

Were going to beat FSU

We would get hammered by FSU 2nd half performance last night. 1st half though we can have good shot of beating them.

A tale of 2 totally different halves of football. They got their *** handed to them in first, until they realized they were in for more than they bargained for. Then 2nd half totally dominated.
Ole Miss had two stupid turnovers in three plays to get FSU back in that game.

Advertisement

We started at 26, how do we drop 2 spots in his mind?

Agree with Florida and USC being pushed out. One barely beat UMass at home. USC didn't even come close to competing with Bama based on the final score.

And yeah, how does Texas jump up to 6 and Wiscy being up to 7 when they were unranked. They should both crack the top 25, but not be in the top 10.

Didn't score in the 4th quarter

According to Sagarin, you can use his ratings to determine what the spread will be when two teams match up by comparing the ratings difference and giving the home team 3 points.

As of right now, we'd be a 7 point favorite at App State.

Probably a bit higher than that. Name brand teams generally receive a small benefit of a doubt on the road in competitively priced games. The public doesn't believe in the lesser known's opportunity to actually win the game so that team doesn't get the full 3 point allotment for home field. It's typically only 1-2 points gap from power rating difference to the actual spread.

As I posted last week, I expect the number to be in the 7-13 range unless there is an unexpected result this week to skew matters.

A 70-3 victory as 53 point favorite isn't going to change much in terms of power rating. Sure we were two touchdowns better than expectation but the formulas properly don't reward a result like that as opposed to let's say winning by 7 as a 7 point underdog. That's why we didn't zoom upward in the spread against Florida Atlantic.

Virginia took a big hit in power rating after losing to Richmond by 17 points as a 12 point chalk. That's the way these things work. It was the only appreciable change in our division. As fans we recognize the big picture improvement under Richt and this staff but it hasn't shown enough to apply to power ratings.

Advertisement
Back